Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Sven returns?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oklahoma recruits Texas for running backs. The best back in the state a couple years back is at Bama. Grass is always greener
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    The worst part is, we just had a top ten NCAA RB OF ALL TIME, and we still aren’t respected on the west coast. The kid got early playing time despite upperclassmen in front of him, got plenty of carries despite Sharon a backfield, broke every PAC-12 record imaginable, was only an undersized 3 star recruit, carried the team in 2-3 NY6 something the only comparable west coast RB Royce Freeman can’t say, yet Florida State, USC, and Fresno State are in Kendall Milton’s top 10 and UDUB isn’t.

At this point I feel like Boner and Paopao are just fucking trolling. YOURE GONNA BE SENDING JIMMY LAKE DOWN TO ARIZONA EVERY OTHER FUCKING WEEK TO TALK TO BIJANS TEAMMATE LATHAN RANSOM, IF YOURE GONNA LET IKAIKA CROSS DEFENSE TO OFFENSE TO CONNECT TO PLAYERS CULTURALLY FUCKING DO THE SAME WITH JIMMY AND BIJAN.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dawgs206 said:

Sven returns?

Don't joke about that shit.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,664
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

The bitching on this board includes these statements:

"We want more black kids on the team."

"The coaches are limiting the talent pool available to them."

"The coaches are avoiding kids from a different 'culture'."

"Anything else Dennis says."

The coaches proceed to offer a bunch of black kids from California, Texas, and Oklahoma. And not just suburban black kids either. Some of them are from areas that are known as, you know, "the hood".

The boards response:

"What the fuck are they doing?"

"What is going on?"

"Those kids are never coming here, it's a total waste of time."

The irrational hypocrisy is stunning. How does nobody else notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Wow, very right of you. Now you know how the rest of us feel when trying to dispute shit with you.

Maddening, eh?
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

The coaches proceed to offer a bunch of black kids from California, Texas, and Oklahoma. And not just suburban black kids either. Some of them are from areas that are known as, you know, "the hood".

The boards response:

"What is going on?"

The irrational hypocrisy is stunning. How does nobody else notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Where's the black kids being offered in CA? All of these recent offers that we're reacting to are in the south. It has nothing to do with that. Jake Majors isn't black and he was also a pointless offer.

Boner can't recruit black kids from LA or AZ, what the fuck makes you think he can get any from Texas or Oklahoma?
    13 out of the 16 Cali recruits offered for 2020 so far are black.

Why can't UW get kids from Texas or Oklahoma? I'm seeing a lot of excitement from those kids on Twitter when they get a UW offer. A lot of "ooh that's a big one" type of stuff from their friends. Texas kids are about winning. UW is starting to sell itself. They should be able to get 2 or 3 guys from Texas every class.

How the fuck are they ever supposed to get any of them if they don't try? Hmmmm?
    edited January 2019

The boards response:

"What is going on?"

Where's the black kids being offered in CA? All of these recent offers that we're reacting to are in the south. It has nothing to do with that. Jake Majors isn't black and he was also a pointless offer.

Boner can't recruit black kids from LA or AZ, what the fuck makes you think he can get any from Texas or Oklahoma?

Why can't UW get kids from Texas or Oklahoma? I'm seeing a lot of excitement from those kids on Twitter when they get a UW offer. A lot of "ooh that's a big one" type of stuff from their friends. Texas kids are about winning. UW is starting to sell itself. They should be able to get 2 or 3 guys from Texas every class.

How the fuck are they ever supposed to get any of them if they don't try? Hmmmm?
    I don't even really disagree with any of that. If you think you can get a great prospect out of Texas, then sure. This guy is not a great prospect.

We should be spending time on Sam Adams and Bijan Robinson, and if Boner can't close those guys, he should be out of his job.

My point in this thread is mainly that Sam Adams is both an easier sell, and a better player. That's why this feels like a waste of time.

We need to close Sam, and then work on a legit dude out of CA, AZ, UT, or NV. If we could get Zach Evans, great, but that's never happening with Boner.
    Did you even watch his film? It's 10 minutes long of almost all touchdowns. He's crazy good. He might not be our top target at RB but he's definitely a guy I would want them to take if he wants in.

I think the hyper focused, low offer style of recruiting has a weakness. It doesn't put any pressure on our top targets to lock up a spot with us. There's no competition for UW scholarships. Guys feel free to take their sweet ass time to make a decision and it's annoying and could be disastrous if a long time UW lean takes his sweet ass time only to choose a different school at the very end of the cycle leaving UW scrambling. There's absolutely no reason a guy like Heimuli shouldn't already be signed. Perhaps if UW had offered some other inside linebackers just to create some urgency at that position, he would have been more motivated to officially visit sooner so he could lock in his spot.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The boards response:

"What is going on?"

I don't even really disagree with any of that. If you think you can get a great prospect out of Texas, then sure. This guy is not a great prospect.

We should be spending time on Sam Adams and Bijan Robinson, and if Boner can't close those guys, he should be out of his job.

My point in this thread is mainly that Sam Adams is both an easier sell, and a better player. That's why this feels like a waste of time.

We need to close Sam, and then work on a legit dude out of CA, AZ, UT, or NV. If we could get Zach Evans, great, but that's never happening with Boner.
    Did you even watch his film? It's 10 minutes long of almost all touchdowns. He's crazy good. He might not be our top target at RB but he's definitely a guy I would want them to take if he wants in.

I think the hyper focused, low offer style of recruiting has a weakness. It doesn't put any pressure on our top targets to lock up a spot with us. There's no competition for UW scholarships. Guys feel free to take their sweet ass time to make a decision and it's annoying and could be disastrous if a long time UW lean takes his sweet ass time only to choose a different school at the very end of the cycle leaving UW scrambling. There's absolutely no reason a guy like Heimuli shouldn't already be signed. Perhaps if UW had offered some other inside linebackers just to create some urgency at that position, he would have been more motivated to officially visit sooner so he could lock in his spot.
    His film is mostly him running through wide open lanes. I don't see a lot of him actually being forced to make guys miss. No stutter-steps, no jukes, no jump-cuts, very few broken tackles. Every decent running back can take it to the house in high school with wide open running lanes. I'm looking for RBs that can create on their own.

The boards response:

"What is going on?"

His film is mostly him running through wide open lanes. I don't see a lot of him actually being forced to make guys miss. No stutter-steps, no jukes, no jump-cuts, very few broken tackles. Every decent running back can take it to the house in high school with wide open running lanes. I'm looking for RBs that can create on their own.
    What are you watching? Why would he dance around when he has the vision and speed to swerve through the defense vertically and out run everybody. That's what it's supposed to look like. If he comes to UW he should be running through wide open holes as well. You want a guy who's gonna take it to the house when those opportunities arise and this kid does that with consistency.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The boards response:

"What is going on?"

What are you watching? Why would he dance around when he has the vision and speed to swerve through the defense vertically and out run everybody. That's what it's supposed to look like. If he comes to UW he should be running through wide open holes as well. You want a guy who's gonna take it to the house when those opportunities arise and this kid does that with consistency.
    I'm not saying he should dance around when he doesn't have to, I'm just saying there are few highlights where he's forced to create. If he was good at it, there would be highlights of it. This guy is just a less athletic Salvon. Even that might be generous. Compare it Cameron Davis's tape to see what it looks like when an RB can create for himself. Davis is faster than this guy, but he can also create big plays when the blocking isn't there, and blocking is never consistent.
    edited January 2019

The boards response:

"What is going on?"

I'm not saying he should dance around when he doesn't have to, I'm just saying there are few highlights where he's forced to create. If he was good at it, there would be highlights of it. This guy is just a less athletic Salvon. Even that might be generous. Compare it Cameron Davis's tape to see what it looks like when an RB can create for himself. Davis is faster than this guy, but he can also create big plays when the blocking isn't there, and blocking is never consistent.
    You're reaching really hard bro. This kid is fast as fuck. A lot of his big runs he's splitting defenders and all they can do is lunge at him as he flies past them and then he cruises to the end zone to conserve his energy. Sure Salvon has more elusiveness and yet somehow manages to go full retard at times and run into the backs of his blockers. This kid won't do that. His vision and decision making is very consistent. He's a vertical runner and a home run hitter. Reminds me of 2017 Bryce Love when he burst onto the scene breaking off a million long distance touch down runs. If you give him a crease he'll find it and then he's gone and no one's catching him. I would take this kid in a heart beat.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,783
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Pretty much all D1 RB tape is long touchdown runs lol.