Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2020/2021 Targets - Link Thread

Comments

• DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/The-Top-Recruits-To-Know-in-2020-from-the-Northwest-128837294/#128837294_2
    Huffman lists off about a dozen NW recruits, including all four of the local guys UW has offered and Memmelaar.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I want that Arlis Boardingham kid in 22 end of story!
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm curious how many LBs we are looking to take next year. It seems that Banks, Sellers, and Smalls are all pretty interested in us, so I wonder if Latu is a guy we for sure offer if his grades get better. Better chance than not we won't be close to perfect with the 3 guys mentioned previously, but I do wonder if they consider Latu a must-take kind of guy. I'm guessing we'll know by June or July once they ask Latu for his year-end grades. I also wonder if Peter isn't offered and Will is, if their desire to play together will outweigh how much they love UW.

I'm curious how many LBs we are looking to take next year. It seems that Banks, Sellers, and Smalls are all pretty interested in us, so I wonder if Latu is a guy we for sure offer if his grades get better. Better chance than not we won't be close to perfect with the 3 guys mentioned previously, but I do wonder if they consider Latu a must-take kind of guy. I'm guessing we'll know by June or July once they ask Latu for his year-end grades. I also wonder if Peter isn't offered and Will is, if their desire to play together will outweigh how much they love UW.

I don’t see Latu getting an offer until November at the earliest, both for academic reasons and the fact there are multiple guys were in on who are unlikely to decide before December
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Domicillo said:

I don’t see Latu getting an offer until November at the earliest, both for academic reasons and the fact there are multiple guys were in on who are unlikely to decide before December
    I think you're probably right about that. The best case scenario for us might be Peter going the JUCO route, so that by the time Will Latu commits there isn't any allegiance towards another major program.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Noah sucks, hth. He’s fat.

dumb
    Total doog shit. Sewell's film is insanely good, and his combine numbers back up his athleticism. Film reminds me a lot of Palaie Gaoteote
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Domicillo said:

Since we still don't have any DL listed, I started digging more into who might actually get offered and realistically come here.

Maceal Afaese, 6'5 260, 3-star (87 rating by 247). From the same school as Buelow. Followed by Malloe and Kawasaki. Moves well, bends well, long frame that's nowhere close to maxed out. Might even be a buck, but he's really raw as a pass rusher. Wins on bulls and stunts. Would probably come here. Verdict: Should be a late offer.

Tobin Phillips, 6'4 290, 3-star (85 rating by 247). Followed by Ikaika and Kawasaki. Very good motor. Good initial quickness. Good with his hands. Not a fantastic athlete. Poor mans Tuitele IMO. Offers from Stanford and Cal. Verdict: Not sure about his ceiling but I think he's good enough to warrant an offer. Maybe slow-play.

Chidozie Nwankwo, 6'0 273, 3-star (87 rating by 247). Followed by Malloe and Coop. Might be even shorter than Ngalu, but he's thicc. Really quick, good body control and leverage, great with his hands. Yeah he's short, be he straight up reminds me of Geno Atkins on some plays. Plus I'm on record saying we should sign as many Nigerians as possible, and it wouldn't be the first time Ikaika got an African kid out of Texas. Verdict: offer him.

Stanley McKenzie, 6'2 270. 3-star (85 rating on 247). Same school as Tuitele. Followed by Malloe, Coop, and several others. Would probably commit if we offered. Plays with good leverage and intensity. Raw bull-rusher. Undersized for a nose tackle. Would probably commit if offered. Verdict: That's gonna be a no for me dawg.

Jamar Sekona, 6'3 305, 4-star (91 rating on 247). Great nose tackle body. Plays with great leverage. Natural power and good bull-rush. Would be great in our scheme. Followed by Kawasaki, but not Malloe. Verdict: OFFER. Why are we not on this guy?

Sefita Tupe, 6'0 280, 4-star (90 rating on 247). Really undersized but he can straight up FLY for a DT. Only followed by UW FB Recruiting. Verdict: Start building a relationship with this kid just in case. He might blow up as a senior.

Based on the twitter tracking since December, I’d imagine Kobe Pepe (Bosco) and Afaese will get offers before the summer starts. I don’t think we’re ever going to offer Sekona, and McKenzie would commit immediately, he’s likely a later offer if it ever comes. Likely looking at 2 total; one primary nose/two gapper, one long guy who can flex across the line. Get elite physical traits, you have afforded yourself time to let these guys sit and develop for 2-3 years now.
    I wouldn't mind an early offer for Afaese. He's probably the only one of these guys who has elite physical traits. Pepe is fine, I guess. I would rather have Phillips or Sekona, or even Nwankwo. Wouldn't be surprised if Phillips got an offer. He's not elite but he has a high GPA, good length, and his explosiveness is good enough. I don't think either of Afaese or Phillips are nose tackles though, which is why I think we should offer either Sekona or Nwankwo, who is better than Pepe IMO.
  • ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186

I love Xavier Carlton's tape but we don't get black DL. Also, a borderline 5 star WR from Florida? Wtf?

ET the 2nd, any kickers down that way like John A?
    edited February 2019

“At last year’s SoCal Opening Regional Camp, Jernagin put up some of the best testing numbers in the event. He clocked a 4.59-40, 4.32 shuttle and jumped 41” in the vertical.” Gonna visit us over spring break, color me intrigued. Same school as Cam Williams.