Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    @ccharanza, what are you hearing?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Sounds like we better get used to it. Already planning a return trip when his coaches visit UW again this spring. He said he’s running track this spring, but isn’t planning on attending any of the football combines anymore. A kid of his recruiting status already deciding to shutdown going through the recruiting camps and regionals where most kids make a jump in their exposure and offers, has already made a decision on where he’s going.
    Ya think he might commit during the visit?
    If he follows through with/the coaches let him proceed with the visit; a kid from Texas visiting unofficially twice in less than 5 months, both times with his high school coaches, and is planning not to do any of the general recruiting combines and camps anymore...ya I’d expect him to commit on his visit.
    Agreed, I think that there would be a really good chance that he'd commit on the visit.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    So from what I take he sucks but we're gonna get him
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Hoping this is a Delgado situation and we will not take his commitment right now
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Unpopular Opinion:

The more I look at his film, the more I like what I see and he can definitely satisfy the #BigBack situation

What I appreciate the more I watch of his film is that unlike a lot of HS RBs that are always looking to bounce everything outside, he will plant his foot and head north and south versus trying to run around the corner on everybody. Additionally, you can tell he's strong as he has no problem running over guys and it often takes multiple defenders to bring him down.

I also see a guy that has the chance to really redefine himself a bit in the weight room under Socha and be that bigger back that you normally see with a Bama (think Scarborough) ...

I haven't watched Robinson's film to compare but I suspect that he's in a different category both in terms of talent and style. I suspect that Robinson and Adams are more likely the comparables to each other and that Sunday is a different style of back from them both but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

Yeah I like Sunday, but here is the script.

-Trip Sunday on a Spring official, get him to commit
    -Drop Bijan completely for no reason and only recruit Daniyel & Adams
    -We make the top 2-3 for Daniyel but refuse to offer his friend/teammate Elijah Badger and they go to Oregon as a package deal
    -(Later Daniyel flips to Clemson when they finally offer)
    -We lead for Adams throughout the process but as we get closer to signing day it seems like less of a sure thing
    -Texas somehow misses on their top targets, offers Sunday and convinces him to take an official
    -Unable to get Sunday back on campus he flips to Texas after an uninspiring Bhonapha in-home
    -On signing day Adams commits to UW, Yay!
    -Temporary happiness quickly fades as we realize Bhonapha is not getting fired

Adams twitter is alllllll UW to the point him not coming here is a colossal fail.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Can't forget that this stuff doesn't all exist in a vacuum. If the plan is to take two backs, then an accepted commitment from Sunday sets up a situation that Adams and Robinson feel more pressed to take that last RB spot. I have no clue whether they take a commitment from Sunday now. If they do it's fairly clear to me that's a message to the other two.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

-We make the top 2-3 for Daniyel but refuse to offer his friend/teammate Elijah Badger and they go to Oregon as a package deal
    -We lead for Adams throughout the process but as we get closer to signing day it seems like less of a sure thing
    -Texas somehow misses on their top targets, offers Sunday and convinces him to take an official
    -Unable to get Sunday back on campus he flips to Texas after an uninspiring Bhonapha in-home

Adams twitter is alllllll UW to the point him not coming here is a colossal fail.
    his twitter suggests UW leading with OSU and A&M also in the mix.

Which is also how I see things ending up with him.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dhdawg said:

his twitter suggests UW leading with OSU and A&M also in the mix.

Which is also how I see things ending up with him.
    If we don’t get Sam Adams after 4 years of Gaskin, just end the program.
    you might need a new hobby
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Domicillo said:

Sounds like we better get used to it. Already planning a return trip when his coaches visit UW again this spring. He said he’s running track this spring, but isn’t planning on attending any of the football combines anymore. A kid of his recruiting status already deciding to shutdown going through the recruiting camps and regionals where most kids make a jump in their exposure and offers, has already made a decision on where he’s going.
    You don't make multiple trips up from Texas, much less Waco, unless you have a pretty damn good idea of where you're going.

I probably need to watch his film a little more but from what I recall he seemed just a tad raw but had that little something in terms of being able to run away from people that you wouldn't expect.

Before saying "oh, what about his competition" ... Waco's far from a bad area when it comes to HS football ... there are some athletes in that region.

What it tells me is that you probably have a kid that realizes that Waco sucks (it really, really sucks) and is interested in leaving Texas.

If we get Sunday and Adams in this class, I wouldn't be that unhappy. Although to a point that @LaMichael_Corleone and @Dennis_DeYoung would happily make ... the fact that we haven't really gained any traction with the top RBs in the West is still a massive area of concern.
    Why do you hate Joanna Gaines?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Sounds like a solid UW lean. Who says we can't recruit Texas? I love it. Gotta have that BIG BACK!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Sounds like a solid UW lean. Who says we can't recruit Texas? I love it. Gotta have that BIG BACK!

WTF is KB doing? This kid sucks. Looks like he's running in slow motion.

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

I can change my mind whenever I want. After gathering further information, I like him.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I can change my mind whenever I want. After gathering further information, I like him.
    Yeah, sure. I reserve the right to my own set of facts