Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You know what? He looks alright.

He's got that gallop.

But his highlights show that he can get separation from the initial tackler and make the next level.

I didn't see any real examples of him getting caught from behind and his vision appears good and he has just enough wiggle to keep moving forward.

If the competition there at Waco is high level I can see him doing well at the college game.

And that name. Bigtime
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Can he play buck?
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ccharanza said:

DeepDawg said:

ccharanza said:

This kid is my neighbor and he isn't the fastest guy on the field, although he's not anywhere close to the slowest. He does have good pull away speed once he is in the open field but the thing that has impressed me the most watching him play is his balance and ability to get through the hole and break tackles. At 1st glance he doesn't look like a big hulked up kid but his lower body is built like a tank. I can't tell you the amount of times i've seen him work through a hole off balance and stay on his feet and just run right through tacklers.

How did you find us?
    I like to keep track of recruiting and where local kids are going and I knew he was going to visit Washington this weekend so I just typed it in Google and here I am.
    Welcome!

JK leave and DIAF :)
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    ccharanza said:

DeepDawg said:

ccharanza said:

This kid is my neighbor and he isn't the fastest guy on the field, although he's not anywhere close to the slowest. He does have good pull away speed once he is in the open field but the thing that has impressed me the most watching him play is his balance and ability to get through the hole and break tackles. At 1st glance he doesn't look like a big hulked up kid but his lower body is built like a tank. I can't tell you the amount of times i've seen him work through a hole off balance and stay on his feet and just run right through tacklers.

How did you find us?
    I like to keep track of recruiting and where local kids are going and I knew he was going to visit Washington this weekend so I just typed it in Google and here I am.
    Somebody tell this guy to fuck off real quick and get the initiation started!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Good point, he does have a long stride...doesn't mean he isn't moving.

@ccharanza any way you can convince him to let you measure his thighs? Earl Campbell had 30 inchers so curious as to how he compares.

I wanted Cody O'Connell for the record damnit!
    Bread said:

Took me 2 plays to see you guys are overreacting to his speed. He runs like pettis, everyone near Waco is fast as fuck. He isnt a burner but still he hs above average speed for a college running back. The track times are pretty good if he runs track the same way he runs in game, he has the opposite of track speed. You all shitting on him like he Cody O'Connell.

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    ccharanza said:

DeepDawg said:

ccharanza said:

How did you find us?
    What a world, huh? Wealth of information right at your fingertips.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GOAT said:

Idk why people are so high on Dick Newt. He looks good physically but I thought his hudl was a joke. He looked like an honorable mention all league player in high school.

I don't remember anyone being high on him at all until some reports started coming out that he looked better than expected in camp.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Has anyone rushed to tweet him how good our public transportation is?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

Has anyone rushed to tweet him how good our public transportation is?

Or prestigious the education is, better than ND
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes