Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hawt take: His running form is... all over the place. Perhaps the offer is a projection for how fast he would be after training out all of that wasted motion? No matter what his actual time in the 100 is, he still looks like somebody I wouldn't want to be standing in front of when he's at full tilt.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

I like the guy.

I liked him too but that video threw me off pretty badly. With that kind of speed guy needs to be a tank to be effective. He does run with a lot of power and nobody he faces in his highlights really look like they want to tangle with him. I'm just not sure what to think.

It would be easier for me if he improved his speed a lot as a senior. About 0.7 shaved off that time would do it.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2019

RealRhino said:

I like the guy.

It's not that he fundamentally sucks... it's that he's a really weird player to evaluate. He runs a fucking 11.7 for Christ's sake. But at the same time, he does have some good lateral movement and upfield explosion.

But that video was funny.
    THIS ISNT EVEN ABOUT THE PLAYER AT ALL. THIS IS ABOUT THE COACHES STILL THINKING THEY ARE BOUSE STATE EVALUATORS WHO HAVE A HUBRIS ABOUT FINDING DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH. The problem is, no one minds when teams find undervalued draft picks or recruits but we don’t have the talent base to accumulate depth around those pieces to compete with the best teams in the world.

The problem is we’re trying to get around recruiting at runningback. We go for kids who aren’t getting offers from the same big schools that we are beating out at other positions. This isn’t Boise State where you find kids instead of beat other good programs out because if Bama, Ohio State, USC (until lately) want this kid we should fucking want him too. SO NOW IN THE WEST COAST’S BEST RB YEAR SINCE 2017, AND A YEAR WE HAVE A HOMETOWN KID WHOS ALMOST 6’3 AS AN ACE UP THE SLEEVE, WE ARENT SELLING OUT ON A BIJAN ROBINSON, KENDALL MILTON, JALEN JOHN?! It would be one thing if Sunday had was Zach Evans and we had an in with him. We haven’t beat out any teams for a RB and it’s not coincide we’re deep on a kid with no other big offers.

Hahaha, for now. Wait till TCU or Texas offers
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

RealRhino said:

I like the guy.

It's not that he fundamentally sucks... it's that he's a really weird player to evaluate. He runs a fucking 11.7 for Christ's sake. But at the same time, he does have some good lateral movement and upfield explosion.

THIS ISNT EVEN ABOUT THE PLAYER AT ALL. THIS IS ABOUT THE COACHES STILL THINKING THEY ARE BOUSE STATE EVALUATORS WHO HAVE A HUBRIS ABOUT FINDING DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH. The problem is, no one minds when teams find undervalued draft picks or recruits but we don’t have the talent base to accumulate depth around those pieces to compete with the best teams in the world.

The problem is we’re trying to get around recruiting at runningback. We go for kids who aren’t getting offers from the same big schools that we are beating out at other positions. This isn’t Boise State where you find kids instead of beat other good programs out because if Bama, Ohio State, USC (until lately) want this kid we should fucking want him too. SO NOW IN THE WEST COAST’S BEST RB YEAR SINCE 2017, AND A YEAR WE HAVE A HOMETOWN KID WHOS ALMOST 6’3 AS AN ACE UP THE SLEEVE, WE ARENT SELLING OUT ON A BIJAN ROBINSON, KENDALL MILTON, JALEN JOHN?! It would be one thing if Sunday had was Zach Evans and we had an in with him. We haven’t beat out any teams for a RB and it’s not coincide we’re deep on a kid with no other big offers.

I agree.

Has anyone twittered this thinking out to kb or Petersen?
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Dick Newton > Jay’Veon Sunday

Never did I think I’d prefer the name Dick over Jay’veon at the Runningback position.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Never did I think I’d prefer the name Dick over Jay’veon at the Runningback position.

Why am I not surprised that you prefer dick.
    Nice
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    animate said:

RealRhino said:

I like the guy.

I agree.

Has anyone twittered this thinking out to kb or Petersen?
    Our recruiting coordinator is busy making traveling plans for visits and pushing paper around. You want him to actually recruit running backs too? Cmon. That time is dedicated to recruiting sloots.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nice
    I can’t resist hitting softballs. Love ya LMC!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Nice
    Why am I not surprised that you love hitting balls?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nice
    Why am I not surprised that you love hitting balls?
    Thud.

Hitting soft balls and gargling hairy ballz are two different things my friend and you already know which one I prefer.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    WE WANT BIG BACK!
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BBB is what we needs
  • Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We’re changing the game. No more Running Backs, now we’ll have a Walking Back.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2019

WE WANT BIG BACK!

Sam Adams should be so pissed at whoever films the EC games so far out of zoom that his height isn’t quie given the justice it earned when he was “towering” over Sam Huard in the pic from this weekends trophy presentation.

I get it’s a whole inside joke WHOOSH thing but Adams is as big of a big as you’re gonna get nowadays.
  • Options

WE WANT BIG BACK!

Sam Adams should be so pissed at whoever films the EC games so far out of zoom that his height isn’t quie given the justice it earned when he was “towering” over Sam Huard in the pic from this weekends trophy presentation.

I get it’s a whole inside joke WHOOSH thing but Adams is as big of a big as you’re gonna get nowadays.
    I don’t think big back is really about height so much as thickness. Obviously Adams’ height (and father) suggest future thickness but he’s not really close to what Ballz is talking about, at least not yet.
  • Options
    ATBS(JBS), Adams is damn near a must get at this point. His abilities in the passing game are sensational. He’s not quite Austin Jones with the ball in his hands but he’s very close to him as a route runner/pass catcher. He could be an amazing weapon out of the backfield.