Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It'd be nice to have a moratorium on two words/phrases...

1. "Leveling up." What the fuck does this even mean? If it means getting better recruits, just say we are recruiting better, or getting better players. Is this from some rap song I don't know about? When did this become a thing? The use of the term "level" implies a sort of quantum leap, not gradual improvement. Did we skip a level? Love the HuskyFanPod, but hear this way too much.

2. "Doog." Time to stop. I don't think anybody really knows what it means any more. Realistic assessment of resources means you're a doog. Like the coach? Doog. Think coaching matters? Doog. As far as I've been able to tell after the RB, all it consistently means is that unless you think the only solution to any of our problems is just recruiting better players, you're a doog. Coaching better? Nope, because the only way to tell if a coach is good is if he recruits great players. Fuck you and your looking at on-field performance, doog. We all want better. Better coaches, better players, better results.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    RealRhino said:

1. "Leveling up." What the fuck does this even mean? If it means getting better recruits, just say we are recruiting better, or getting better players. Is this from some rap song I don't know about? When did this become a thing? The use of the term "level" implies a sort of quantum leap, not gradual improvement. Did we skip a level? Love the HuskyFanPod, but hear this way too much.

2. "Doog." Time to stop. I don't think anybody really knows what it means any more. Realistic assessment of resources means you're a doog. Like the coach? Doog. Think coaching matters? Doog. As far as I've been able to tell after the RB, all it consistently means is that unless you think the only solution to any of our problems is just recruiting better players, you're a doog. Coaching better? Nope, because the only way to tell if a coach is good is if he recruits great players. Fuck you and your looking at on-field performance, doog. We all want better. Better coaches, better players, better results.

Don't project your ignorance on everybody else. We know full well what it means, and it's not what you said you think it means.

[krisvashon.jpg]

Well, say no more...U are an adopted DAWG!

We think of our family as a very TIGHT, CLOSE group. So, you know, you need to prove your loyalty. We already know you are intelligent, but what we really want to see on the DAWG side is you being able to sing "Bow Down to Washington." Chosen as one of the top fight songs in college football.

Looking forward to adding more Dawgs to our huge Husky Nation. It'S ALL about the DAWG life!

Welcome to the Dawg family. Now, here is your homework. Learn the words to "Bow Down to Washington."
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    DDY killed and buried the term doog
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Leveling up literally just means getting the recruits necessary to beat a tOSU etc.

Doog- that’s you
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

RealRhino said:

Don't project your ignorance on everybody else. We know full well what it means, and it's not what you said you think it means.

[krisvashon.jpg]

Well, say no more...U are an adopted DAWG!

We think of our family as a very TIGHT, CLOSE group. So, you know, you need to prove your loyalty. We already know you are intelligent, but what we really want to see on the DAWG side is you being able to sing "Bow Down to Washington." Chosen as one of the top fight songs in college football.

Looking forward to adding more Dawgs to our huge Husky Nation. It'S ALL about the DAWG life!

Welcome to the Dawg family. Now, here is your homework. Learn the words to "Bow Down to Washington."
    I laugh every time i see that
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    RealRhino said:

Agree on doog. It's completely changed meaning from its original intent. It's now just something to call someone who doesn't agree with you.

I like "leveling up" when used to describe recruiting and building depth.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

RealRhino said:

Agree on doog. It's completely changed meaning from its original intent. It's now just something to call someone who doesn't agree with you.

I like "leveling up" when used to describe recruiting and building depth.
    agree on both
  • Options

Leveling up literally just means getting the recruits necessary to beat a tOSU etc.

Doog- that’s you

@RealRhino was one of our greatest allies in the actual doog wars when we were trying to free ourselves from TYranny.

Have some fucking respect boy.
    Didn’t not know this.

TYFYS @RealRhino
    He was our Minister Of Statistical Information. Probably Race's most valuable minion in that era (with all due respect to @HillsboroDawg)
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Doog- that’s you

@RealRhino was one of our greatest allies in the actual doog wars when we were trying to free ourselves from TYranny.

Have some fucking respect boy.
    Didn’t not know this.

TYFYS @RealRhino
    He was our Minister Of Statistical Information. Probably Race's most valuable minion in that era (with all due respect to @HillsboroDawg)
    Who could forget Rhino's "Ty Fact of the Day" on the old HHB.com site
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Leveling up literally just means getting having the recruits necessary to beat a tOSU etc. and convincing them to play

Doog- that’s you

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Isn't it annoying when people ask and answer their own questions as a form of rhetoric, of course it is. Should we speak up about it, yes. Don't we all have something better to do than complain about word usage, of course.

OK!
  • Options

Nobody knows what doog is anymore except Tindal (RIP)

Its a Husky who acts like a coog

UW losing (UO) is better than WSU winning (UW)

That's a coog and we saw it just yesterday after the Rose Bowl

It expanded slightly to include Ty backers for some reason but it is fucked up beyond all recognition at this point

TYFYS