Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Update on Pete's 2016- 18 record again Elite, Equal and No Talent

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We have to keep in mind that we’ve done pretty well considering the upper classman talent wasn’t that great.

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

doogville said:

TTJ said:

So long as UW's overall talent level continues to rise, these numbers look good. A few sexy home-and-homes with OOC bluebloods would really help.

You want to start every other year with a guaranteed loss?
    Since coming to Seattle, Pete is 27-7 at home. Including 19-1 over the last three years. I want to host some bluebloods in Husky Stadium.
    Hence the every other year loss when Pete leaves husky stadium to go play a team with a pulse.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sark got 13 games a year with a bowl and never got to 9 wins

People vastly underestimate what it takes to get to 10 or 11 and then to get to elite bowl winning natty contender 12-15 wins

Its why I always calm down and rehire Petersen. He's like Billy Martin and I'm like George Steinbrenner

I am skeptical on the cult of recruiting because that's what losers talk about (Hi Oregon) but these numbers have been working so far

Stay at 10 or above and keep winning this shitty conference while we wait impatiently

People vastly underestimate what it takes to get to 10 or 11 and then to get to elite bowl winning natty contender 12-15 wins

Its why I always calm down and rehire Petersen. He's like Billy Martin and I'm like George Steinbrenner

I am skeptical on the cult of recruiting because that's what losers talk about (Hi Oregon) but these numbers have been working so far

Stay at 10 or above and keep winning this shitty conference while we wait impatiently

So @RaceBannon Skinny is our? Reggie Jackson then?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,745
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

THIS. I think it's fine to be skeptical of the cult of recruiting, but it's not like Urban, Dabo and Nick Satan himself are winning big every year with classes ranked, say, 20 to 30. Those guys are elite coaches and they have elite playmakers across their roster.

I for one am glad Race is our GM because you don't fire the guy that win 10 plus games, wins the league and goes to big time bowls. We need to stay the course and let the 2017- 19 classes mature. Dabo is now the second best Corch in the country and took him 7.5 years to win a semi final game and 8.5 for the whole enchilada. This is the current gold standard.
    I agree.

PS: Mark Richt won 10 games last year and almost won the Orange.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Scheduling Hawaii and Eastern should help with the 10 wins

This team with a soft schedule should win 11-12. Sark could manage 7 wins with a soft schedule.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

TTJ said:

doogville said:

TTJ said:

So long as UW's overall talent level continues to rise, these numbers look good. A few sexy home-and-homes with OOC bluebloods would really help.

You want to start every other year with a guaranteed loss?
    Since coming to Seattle, Pete is 27-7 at home. Including 19-1 over the last three years. I want to host some bluebloods in Husky Stadium.
    This is a really excellent poont. Obviously the most likely way to start winning some “big games”. Take the step, build the confidence, keep moving forward.

When do we host someone worth a shit?
    You mean like the USC game? 😉
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Pete cant coach
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019

You definitely have not visited Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma or Ohio State sites recently.

I will never say shit teams don't think recruiting will fix everything, they do. They lie to themselves that the problem is 'just talent' and they justify retaining Clay Helton (when the fucking EVIDENCE is the opposite) because of it.

Still, this skepticism is like saying 'I'm skeptical more money makes you hotter to women, you just need more game!'

DO MORE WITH MORE.

That's what Bammer, Climp, Boockeyes, Soooooooonurz etc all want to do. No one on Bama's sites are saying 'hey we can take second tier guys as long as we have good coaching!!!' - turns out they have good coaching. Turns out those coaches do everything in their fucking power to get good players.

Same with Georgia, Oklahoma, tOSU, Florida, LSU, Texas, Michigan, Penn State... ETC.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    All schools recruit same guys...they're just magically better when they commit to SEC schools. Their 6-3 300lb Dlinemen are better than other conferences because they're 'SEC' d-linemen. Comical, and people buy it.

Bama's 5-star db's sure looked good. UW's db starters better than theirs accross the board.

Seems the SEC dlinemen werent better than the ACC's dlinemen. You buttfucks swallow everything ESPN squirts in your mouth.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Petersen 5 year Bowl win total @ Washington = 1

Sarkisian 5 year Bowl win total @ Washington = 1*

* in fairness, Petersen had to rebound from sanctions and Owen 12. Sarkisian just had to show up and coach Petermans recruits

I thought your faggotry in the Tug was excessive. And now this.

Holy fuck.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Pete cant coach

Such fag, pup