Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We're not there yet....

I know this isn't news to anyone paying attention but it's yet another year of Husky football under Chris Petersen where we are doing great in certain areas and abysmal in other areas.

Some of the areas that need to be cleaned up:
- Offensive play-calling
- QB play
- Pass Rush
- linebacker recruiting
- WR recruiting

I love Pete and he is moving in the right direction, however, the difference between being OK and winning NY6 games is "on the margin" stuff. You can't have a great defensive coordinator(which we do) and then not recruit pass rushers and expect to beat a NY6 type of team. EVERYTHING has to be elite. Competing for a national championship requires finding an edge against other staffs that can scheme, recruit and develop players just as well as we can. That means having ZERO holes. We know what are shortcomings are and until we fix them that means that we have to be content with not competing at an elite level.

If you want to compete for national championships then demand more. Demand more out of the coaches, the athletic department staff, the boosters, etc. However well we are doing now is simply not good enough to complete with Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, etc. Do we want to be close or do we want to actually win? We've been "close" for the past 4 years under Pete and we'll continue to be just "close" if nothing changes. Pete has done great things for our program and I LOVE that I am even able to rant about competing with Bama. Pete is a God but he can do better. I hope he knows it. If he doesn't than it's our job to remind him.

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    We're getting closer. Look at this year's recruiting class.

Not saying everything will be corrected but having a mature defensive and offensive talent sure masks holes in coaching and schemes and other personnel.

Let's get to that talent point with 2-3 consecutive classes and then reassess.
  • ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    animate said:

Not saying everything will be corrected but having a mature defensive and offensive talent sure masks holes in coaching and schemes and other personnel.

We went from 12-2 to 10-3 to 10-4

Looks like we are actually getting "farther"
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    We just gotta get the right OKGs in there guys. The upcoming OKGs are much better than the current OKGs. Everybody says so.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    ZoneUW said:

animate said:

We went from 12-2 to 10-3 to 10-4

Looks like we are actually getting "farther"
    Thanks Sark
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Haskins vs. Browning abilities were one of the main difference and could be argued ended up costing us the game.

Get an elite QB and check back in.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    DawgFader said:

Haskins vs. Browning abilities were one of the main difference and could be argued ended up costing us the game.

Get an elite QB and check back in.

Shit, I'd take a very good one.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964
    Our defense could be better but it’s good enough for NY6 wins. Our offense isn’t. And it’s both players and coaching. Recruiting on D has been great...recruiting on offense has been just good.

Now that the season is over it wouldn’t shock me to learn Lubbick and Hamden don’t get along and Lubbick is out...bet he was pissed when Peterman brought Hamden back and bet he got more pissed when the offense kinda sucked in season. Don’t blame him (or Peterman), but it needs improvement this offseason. Expect Eason will help, but he will need WR help and I expect him to have both a higher ceiling and more variability than we had this season.
    Petersen is soft.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,740 Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

They look soft. OG dwags* think they play soft.

It's worse than the offense....or any other statistical analysis.

Charmin soft.

Those guys were MEN!

MisterEm said:

They look soft. OG dwags* think they play soft.

It's worse than the offense....or any other statistical analysis.

Charmin soft.

Those guys were MEN!
    Too yt