Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who does Oregon hire next

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You think it’s bad now, wait till Uncle Phil dies and the Board of Directors votes to move Nike hq to Chicago
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

@ntxduck Then the AD had Diaz as his go-to guy and it happened extremely quickly without a coaching search as I said. Point is, your boy Cristobal didn't turn down Miami and is gone if he gets that job offer. Even if he manages to have some success at Oregon he'll be snatched up by Miami or a bigger program in a couple years. Oregon will always be the bridesmaid, never the bride.

You live in an alternate reality.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    ntxduck said:

@ntxduck Then the AD had Diaz as his go-to guy and it happened extremely quickly without a coaching search as I said. Point is, your boy Cristobal didn't turn down Miami and is gone if he gets that job offer. Even if he manages to have some success at Oregon he'll be snatched up by Miami or a bigger program in a couple years. Oregon will always be the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Mario didn't turn down the Miami job to stay at Oregon. That's a fact bud.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

There's nothing that's said that one way or another, so it doesn't matter. I never made that assertion. Just calling you out for the many lies you throw out there that are complete bullshit.
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

There's nothing that's said that one way or another, so it doesn't matter. I never made that assertion. Just calling you out for the many lies you throw out there that are complete bullshit.
    Not lies. I was spit balling possible scenarios. Never said they were fact. What is fact is Mario was never offered the Miami job or even offered an interview or shown any interest by the Miami AD at all. Miami immediately had their guy in Diaz. He was named the head coach the same day the previous one announced his retirement for fuck sake you idiot. Mario didn't turn down Miami. Don't get it twisted and don't be stupid enough to buy his car salesman bullshit about needing to be dragged away from Oregon kicking and screaming.
    There’s nothing that’s said that one way or another

There’s nothing that’s said that one way or another

Yes there is. New coach hired same day as former coach announces retirement. New coach was the Miami DC this past season. Common sense, logic, and reports say Diaz was the #1 target and jumped at it.
    not arguing one way or the other. I just loved that sentence.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watching this game we may want to keep the thread open
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Not lies. I was spit balling possible scenarios. Never said they were fact. What is fact is Mario was never offered the Miami job or even offered an interview or shown any interest by the Miami AD at all. Miami immediately had their guy in Diaz. He was named the head coach the same day the previous one announced his retirement for fuck sake you idiot. Mario didn't turn down Miami. Don't get it twisted and don't be stupid enough to buy his car salesman bullshit about needing to be dragged away from Oregon kicking and screaming.
    Sure.

And nobody ever said that Mario turned down anybody. Those are the conversations you have in your mind with imaginary bros. Bro.

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Sure.

And nobody ever said that Mario turned down anybody. Those are the conversations you have in your mind with imaginary bros. Bro.
    Yeah tell that to all the quooks slobbering all over Mario's dick saying "I knew he wasn't leaving" or "He's committed to Oregon and doing something special here" or "He's a man of integrity". Dude wasn't offered the job. If he had been he'd be Miami's next head coach. Oregon is just not a destination job. It's a stepping stone to bigger and better jobs.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    After today’s shit show, Mario should suck Phil’s dick furiously for not firing him on the 50 yard line.

Peter Principle in place with CrystalBalz. He’s fucked as long as Peterman, Leach, Shaw and Wilcox are rolling the north.
    edited January 2019

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Sure.

Yeah tell that to all the quooks slobbering all over Mario's dick saying "I knew he wasn't leaving" or "He's committed to Oregon and doing something special here" or "He's a man of integrity". Dude wasn't offered the job. If he had been he'd be Miami's next head coach. Oregon is just not a destination job. It's a stepping stone to bigger and better jobs.
    With no way of knowing, let's just say you're right.

Who cares? Do you think if by some stroke of luck Mario were coaching Washington that it would be different? It wouldn't. Seattle is as much Mars to a S. Fla. guy as Eugene. Nobody in Miami thinks of Washington any different than any other P12 team. You do. They don't.

Let's say Washington picked up Spurier when Florida did ... right after turning Duke respectable. Then the Florida job opened up. Do you think Spurier says no to Florida? If you do, you don't know anything. He would dump Washington in a minute to coach Florida.

It was often said that Urban would dump any job he had if the ND job came open. So, even at Florida, where he was busy winning two titles, it sounds like he'd have left for the ND job. And he faked a heart attack to leave for another one. So what?

Washington got lucky and found a good (great?) coach at the right point in his career who wants to live in the PNW for life. What if you found a great coach who would only coach here for a while and then leave?

So, Mario would leave for Miami. A lot of people would dump Washington to coach at Miami.

So, Willie actually did leave for FSU. A lot of coaches would dump Washington for a chance to coach Florida State.

This point that you work so hard to prove doesn't really matter.
    edited January 2019

After today’s shit show, Mario should suck Phil’s dick furiously for not firing him on the 50 yard line.

Peter Principle in place with CrystalBalz. He’s fucked as long as Peterman, Leach, Shaw and Wilcox are rolling the north.

Chintresting to see what he does with Arroyo. That will say a lot.

Diaz fired the entire offensive staff w/in 24 hours. That's a good start. He also basically told the remaining QBs on scholly that nobody is safe and that they'll be looking for upgrade there anywhere they can find it ... including grad transfer.

Oregon's season wasn't quite as disastrous as Miami's, but their offense wasn't great. I can see what he's trying to do there with the power running game, but you need more than a threat of throwing to one guy to make that work. And they were predictable. And, yes, Herbert regressed, or at best didn't get better. The kid has no pocket presence at all.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My sources tell me Mario was approached but told Miami that he had a CONTRACT and his INTEGRITY would not let him break it.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    P.S. When did beaners start liking fake football???
    PurpleJ said:

My sources tell me Mario was approached but told Miami that he had a CONTRACT and his INTEGRITY would not let him break it.

I think dummy is right. I don't think he was approached. I think it was Diaz immediately. I'm guessing rational is (1) he was in charge of the thing that went right for Miami this year, (2) he's a great recruiter and (3) damage control the class, which appears to be working.
    PurpleJ said:

you are directing that question to the wrong guy. i'm not a beaner, nor is Diaz or Cristo. Get your shit together.
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

I think dummy is right. I don't think he was approached. I think it was Diaz immediately. I'm guessing rational is (1) he was in charge of the thing that went right for Miami this year, (2) he's a great recruiter and (3) damage control the class, which appears to be working.
    whoosh?
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

you are directing that question to the wrong guy. i'm not a beaner, nor is Diaz or Cristo. Get your shit together.
    You're all brown trash gonna brown trash to me. I thought you were taking over America? Looks like you are assimilating. American football, beer, and beating the shit out of your wife. Go Buckkkeyes!