Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who does Oregon hire next

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,488
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018

Unless they promote Leavitt to HC (LOL), I hope they keep Cristobal. Don't want them to to luck into making a good hire like Wilcox or Lake.

Fourth HC in four years would be great though.
    This. I want all the fucking quooks here to watch their program be treated like fucking Arizona.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

That is beautiful
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is an absolute recreation of the Mora/UCLA thing from 5 years ago. The results will be the same. Cristobal will get a bunch more money from Oregon to stay, they'll throw a party in Eugene, and in 3 years, they'll be looking at a talent-loaded roster and a 5-7 team and wonder if Phil has enough money to pay out Cristobal's contract.

THIS 100%.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Unless they promote Leavitt to HC (LOL), I hope they keep Cristobal. Don't want them to to luck into making a good hire like Wilcox or Lake.

Wilcox to Oregon, Lake to Cal would not be good.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    This is a very juicy development. Would be epic to watch Oregon get one and doned two years in a row. Those early signees would be released from their LOI's due to the head coach leaving and their class would collapse. SC would scavenge the shit out of them for all their top recruits. The meltdown would be so tasty.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018
    I don't think Cristoball will leave but it has nothing to do with fucking "integrity" or "character" LOL. I can't wait to hear from Oregon fans that "He said he loves it here!" or "No way he would leave, not after what Taggart did last year!". Don't forget "He just got the #1 recruit in the nation! No way he would leave that behind"
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I don't think Cristoball will leave but it has nothing to do with fucking "integrity" or "character" LOL. I can't wait to hear from Oregon fans that "He said he loves it here!" or "No way he would leave, not after what Taggart did last year!". Don't forget "He just got the #1 recruit in the nation! No way he would leave that behind"

If he's actually offered the Miami job he's so gone. This guy was the offensive tackles coach at Bama a couple years ago. Can you imagine going from that to getting his dream job offer at "THE U" just two years later? Insane. His fake ass would jump all over it.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

If he's actually offered the Miami job he's so gone. This guy was the offensive tackles coach at Bama a couple years ago. Can you imagine going from that to getting his dream job offer at "THE U" just two years later? Insane. His fake ass would jump all over it.

I guarantee when Cristobal made some of those comments he never in million years thought that Richt was remotely close to retirement. This is going to be interesting to say the least. I knew he was a Miami player but didn't realize he was born and raised in Miami. Him leaving would be epic.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I guarantee when Cristobal made some of those comments he never in million years thought that Richt was remotely close to retirement. This is going to be interesting to say the least. I knew he was a Miami player but didn't realize he was born and raised in Miami. Him leaving would be epic.
    I don't know if he said those things, my point is that fans are retards and eat up coach speak.
    I have seen some of those comments by him on the PAC 12 Network.
  • Options
    Leavitt is probably salivating hoping Mario leaves for Miami so the Oregon job falls to him to keep the recruiting class together.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This is an absolute recreation of the Mora/UCLA thing from 5 years ago. The results will be the same. Cristobal will get a bunch more money from Oregon to stay, they'll throw a party in Eugene, and in 3 years, they'll be looking at a talent-loaded roster and a 5-7 team and wonder if Phil has enough money to pay out Cristobal's contract.

Even if Miami bakes a cake and a pie?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Unless they promote Leavitt to HLOL), I hope they keep Cristobal. Don't want them to to luck into making a good hire like Wilcox or Lake.

Wilcox? You're afraid of Wilcox?

I'd be more worried about Cristobal. Oregon needs a good recruiter, and they have one.

Is Justin an ace recruiter? Does he even speak? Up here in the dark, dank PNW, you need people who are talented and bringing in players who are usually from places that are not dark and dank w/o the benefit of blue blood lines like Ohio State or Michigan.

And Cal's offense was retarded all season long. It's almost like a DC was their coach.

• Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018
    If Miami really is his dream job, this is his chance to take it. If he fails at Oregon (it is about more than recruiting), Miami probably won't want him next time their job opens up.

I mean, would we take Mora if Petersen left for some reason? I doubt it. Same situation at Miami.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Baphomet said:

If Miami really is his dream job, this is his chance to take it. If he fails at Oregon (it is about more than recruiting), Miami probably won't want him next time their job opens up.

I mean, would we take Mora if Petersen left for some reason? I doubt it. Same situation at Miami.

@RaceBannon would cream his diapers for Jim Mora to Washington.