Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dropping this here for later

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2018
    If you don't ask, the answer is always no. I really don't have a problem with this strategy, because I think prior staffs at Oregon would have passed on a guy like Kayvon, thinking they didn't have a chance. This seems to be working, and I'm a fan until it stops working.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm trying to see a pattern of what works and what doesn't.

To me it looks like kids are just going to go where they want.....or who pays more.

Weird I know
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    HuskyJW said:

To me it looks like kids are just going to go where they want.....or who pays more.

Weird I know

Recruiting used to be much more regional except for a few programs. Oregon was early, to their credit, saying "fuck it. go to Texas. go to Florida. let's see what happens."

Race knows this: if you'd have told me 10 years ago that Oregon could compete with Miami or FSU for a Dad kid, i'd have thought you to be nuts. I didn't blame Washington for focusing on California and not bothering with Florida. The kids there didn't really know the Pac 10 schools all that well ... other than the LA schools. Oregon? Please.

Then it started happening. Still a hill to climb, but they get kids to listen.

I agree. It's free to be told 'no'.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

HuskyJW said:

Weird I know

Recruiting used to be much more regional except for a few programs. Oregon was early, to their credit, saying "fuck it. go to Texas. go to Florida. let's see what happens."

Race knows this: if you'd have told me 10 years ago that Oregon could compete with Miami or FSU for a Dad kid, i'd have thought you to be nuts. I didn't blame Washington for focusing on California and not bothering with Florida. The kids there didn't really know the Pac 10 schools all that well ... other than the LA schools. Oregon? Please.

Then it started happening. Still a hill to climb, but they get kids to listen.

I agree. It's free to be told 'no'.
    Rick and UW hit Florida when your Oregon love was still inside your yet to drop balls
    That's true. Although Frederick was pursued, Alexis was entirely unrecruited by the big 3. Oregon went in down there in 2008 and actually competed for a few of the kids in the mythical, famous (and it turns out entirely overrated) Miami Northwestern class that wound up being almost all Cane. But Oregon made a run for a few of those kids. I don't remember Washington ever going toe to toe with anyone serious down there, but admittedly, I have become foggy on who was after Frederick.

*Dade kid.

oh, and fuck off.