Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen's Presser

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Even if this team was undefeated it is still in no position to compete with the best teams in the country. Petersen has had 5 years to get the program to a consistent conference contender. Let's see if he is capable of elevating it to elite.

This is the rational take but you can fuck off and die
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I feel like some members of this D are just going through the motions, thinking about what they are going to buy with that first NFL check

And yet they gave up six points.

The defense isn't as aggressive as I'd prefer either but they're still damn good.

Defense isn't the issue.
    I think the issue is the Ding Dong offense. It's relies too much on trickeration, weird formations, pre-snap movement, and not enough on Tuff Fysical football. There seems to be a lack of toughness and will on this team which ties into the offensive identity as a finesse team. Fuck finesse, lets get back to Washington football. My favorite game of the Pete Era was Pac 12 championship game. Browning couldn't lift his arm over his shoulder so we shoved it down ralffy's throat. It was beautiful. Dumb it down some...it's working for the Hwaks.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Call scored more pts and won the game

UW didn't score enough

And doesn't this year
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,131
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I feel like some members of this D are just going through the motions, thinking about what they are going to buy with that first NFL check

We have 2-3 guys that will go pro next year.... so thinking this isn’t it.
    Lake is following suit of his leader, Peterman, and together they’ve managed to make it where our players are unmotivated. The one thing in life that was fun, sucked from them. Fun suckers.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I for one respect the Comportment that Pete’s teams display on any given Saturday. It teaches lessons in life that will be useful long after their PE teacher careers are done.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    whuggy said:

The defense isn't as aggressive as I'd prefer either but they're still damn good.

Defense isn't the issue.

It's a good defense but nothing special
    . Yeah they don't give up a lot of points but they also don't get off the field quickly to give the offense more opportunities. An god knows this offense needs as many opportunities as possible. Also my measure of an excellent defense is stepping up when the game matters. Couldn't get off the field at the end of the half against USC. Couldn't stop ASU with the game on the line at the end. Couldn't stop Cal to get the ball back. Bend and break reduces points against, what it doesn't do is optimize offensive opportunity.
    BearsWiinFS POTD
  • Options

Cal defense got turnovers that won the game

UW didn't

And doesn't this year

If the offense can't score more than 6 points blame it on the defense.

NYBE
  • Options
    My only complaint with the defense (outside of the absentee pass rush cause recruiting) is the inability to adjust schemes when needed. The scheme works fantastically most of the game - special even. In the situations where you have to get an immediate stop you have to quit bending and sell out for a stop right now. This is in no way the players fault it's 100% on the defensive coaches for not adjusting.

There's no reason why this scheme can't be kept in place but with the ability to adjust when you need to get the ball back with the game on the line. This needs to happen immediately.
  • Options

Cal defense got turnovers that won the game

UW didn't

And doesn't this year

If the offense can't score more than 6 points blame it on the defense.

NYBE
    As iDawg and is used to point out, losers always have one area that fails but think the other areas are good so if we get a new OC it will be fine. Then the defense sucks

This is a 6-3 team that allowed Auburn to run it up their ass to win. Gave up the OT TD to Oregon and allowed 30 points to a team that has barely got a first down since

They let Cal run all over the field playing keep away while the defense sat back and let them

Turnovers lead to points like the winning team did. The losing team is talking about stats

The entire team is fucked up including the defense
    Who?
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

whuggy said:

Defense isn't the issue.

. Yeah they don't give up a lot of points but they also don't get off the field quickly to give the offense more opportunities. An god knows this offense needs as many opportunities as possible. Also my measure of an excellent defense is stepping up when the game matters. Couldn't get off the field at the end of the half against USC. Couldn't stop ASU with the game on the line at the end. Couldn't stop Cal to get the ball back. Bend and break reduces points against, what it doesn't do is optimize offensive opportunity.
    BearsWiinFS POTD
    hurtful
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

whuggy said:

Defense isn't the issue.

BearsWiinFS POTD
    hurtful
    It felt wrong typing it but I had to poast it anyway. Good for my brand.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Race is spot on here

The defense does a lot right ...

But for as much as people shit on Browning for his issues (and fairly so), the defense has shit the bed in key spots more than many would care to admit
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

My only complaint with the defense (outside of the absentee pass rush cause recruiting) is the inability to adjust schemes when needed. The scheme works fantastically most of the game - special even. In the situations where you have to get an immediate stop you have to quit bending and sell out for a stop right now. This is in no way the players fault it's 100% on the defensive coaches for not adjusting.

There's no reason why this scheme can't be kept in place but with the ability to adjust when you need to get the ball back with the game on the line. This needs to happen immediately.

Uh, quality teams have a connection on both sides of the ball. We have an offense that is weak and needs as many opportunities to score as the defense can give them. And you say the defensive scheme that we run works fantastically well yet is exactly the wrong scheme given the anemic offense. Our defense should be busting balls to get the ball back to the offense yet we are content to play rubberband and limit our already limited offense. Man I don't get your thinking at all on this one.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

Uh, quality teams have a connection on both sides of the ball. We have an offense that is weak and needs as many opportunities to score as the defense can give them. And you say the defensive scheme that we run works fantastically well yet is exactly the wrong scheme given the anemic offense. Our defense should be busting balls to get the ball back to the offense yet we are content to play rubberband and limit our already limited offense. Man I don't get your thinking at all on this one.
    The defense's job is to keep points off the bored.

The offenses job is to score points.

It's hard.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

The defense's job is to keep points off the bored.

The offenses job is to score points.

It's hard.
    And how is that working so far?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Kawasaki used to make good half time adjustments, problem is jimmy still needs more time