Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ramifications of Husky loss loom larger and larger

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited October 2018 in Duck Refuge
‘College GameDay’ is finally going to Washington State, and that’s awesome

It’s the show’s first trip to the school whose flag appears on the broadcast every week. Cougars fans earned it.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/13/17969236/washington-state-college-gameday-flag

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I hope the bored gets as coogy as possible for this game.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    Cougs are on a 10 game home win streak and 15-2 in their last 17 home games. With their only losses coming to teams from the State of Washington.

They have beaten every pac 12 team at home besides Washington in the last 3.5 Seasons and some multiple times.

The Cougs give up big runs as is the nature of an undersized front. However they do a good job of getting off of the field in the 2nd half. SC being the exception.
  • Options
    Sounds like you're ripe to be exploited for the big runs like Cal was. Verdell and Dye can make huge plays. UW limited their explosiveness because they have a good defense, not sure the cuogs are capable of doing that.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2018

Sounds like you're ripe to be exploited for the big runs like Cal was. Verdell and Dye can make huge plays. UW limited their explosiveness because they have a good defense, not sure the cuogs are capable of doing that.

The Huskies play straight up Defense. They rarely blitz and when they do, it’s with Rapp. They’re good, so they can be predictable.

The Cougs play just the opposite with run blitzes coming from 3 or 4 different positions. They do a good job of keeping coordinators guessing. While the Cougs give up some rushing yards, they usually come in a few chunks. They eventually will make you throw the ball because they do a decent job of getting teams behind schedule on down and distance. Utah, whom I think mirrors your offense ran wild in the first half against us. But the Cougs made adjustments to make them throw. Of course Herbert is much better than Hundley ,but besides Mitchell, no other Duck receiver instills fear to a secondary. The Cougs will probably need at least 40 pts to win. I think they can do it.

Herbert also struggled mightily yesterday when he had to move to pass. The Cougs do a good job of making QBs uncomfortable, as well.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2018
    You know what, I don’t care if this is an unpopular opinion, but I’m glad to hear the Cougs are getting GameDay. I’m sure Butch will be tanned, rested, and ready.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

You know what, I don’t care if this is an unpopular opinion, but I’m glad to hear the Cougs are getting GameDay. I’m sure Butch will be tanned, rested, and ready.

Fuck I am too. Why the fuck not? They keep going to the same fucking places over and over again, I like to see them mix it up, and there's no excuse for Coug to have never had it for as long as it's been around.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,815
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Looks like there will be plentiful hunting for morning sex with well lubrucated coeds from Bellevue with daddy issues.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t care either way. CGD is fucked out.
  • Options

I like WSU in this one. WSU of a bye. Oregon has an emotional let down. They put all their energy in the uw game. On the road after the home team had a bye. Cook it

Cook it!

Oregon has to be able to run the ball successfully entire game or they lose this one. Coug gonna score if with enough chances.
  • Options

I like WSU in this one. WSU of a bye. Oregon has an emotional let down. They put all their energy in the uw game. On the road after the home team had a bye. Cook it

Sort of like what happened against Cal after the emotional letdown after Stanford, right?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If they lose, which they probably will, it won't be due to "energy" it will be due to having a shit defense and an offense that doesn't create explosion plays(playing on the road against a top 25 team off a bye).
  • Options
    dtd said:

If they lose, which they probably will, it won't be due to "energy" it will be due to having a shit defense and an offense that doesn't create explosion plays(playing on the road against a top 25 team off a bye).
    You've been talking trash every week since Stanford and every week are looking more and more like a gimp. Maybe become a Utah or ASU fan? You are not dialed in to the pulse of this team at all.
  • Options
    dtd said:

If they run the ball at 4 yds. per clip, the explosion plays won't matter.

If they can't do that, then they will.

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dtd said:

You've been talking trash every week since Stanford and every week are looking more and more like a gimp. Maybe become a Utah or ASU fan? You are not dialed in to the pulse of this team at all.
    Dialed in to the pulse of the team, you say?