Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2018
    Close the Gee Scott thread.
    FSP has pictures of this guy on a tackling dummy
    If we’re the girl next door, then we’ve friend-zoned the whole block.
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    I think his brother Ben Humphreys who Pete wanted as a LB chose Duke over us a couple years back.... but he looks good. When are we going to offer any of the in state recruits for 2020 lol
    edited September 2018
    White. 6’5, 205. If we can’t beat Stanford, might as well try to become them.
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

If we’re the girl next door, then we’ve friend-zoned the whole block.

I just don’t understand, and would love an in depth interview with the coaching staff, or HS coaches/players to see what the message is and why they haven’t been given scholarships yet.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    I get the Gee Scott thing maybe, but Rogers, Hector, and Adams should have offers at this point. How is Rogers supposed to feel when we offer Redman before him?
  • LuxrayBeatsLuxrayBeats Member Posts: 91
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2018

I get the Gee Scott thing maybe, but Rogers, Hector, and Adams should have offers at this point. How is Rogers supposed to feel when we offer Redman before him?

Here is the thing: UW recruiting is onto bigger things now. Those Eastside Catholic kids aren't good enough. Besides JT, we just have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Redman might not be ranked where Rogers is but he is bigger and stronger (6-6 250 vs 6-4 240). The coaches have their own evaluation on those two, and they have decided that Redman is the better player. Sorry but that is just how it is now. I am not convinced at all that Hector and Adams are legit 4 stars. Sounds like they are taking one receiver in the 2020 class, and they just don't like Scott as much as some other players.
    You can complain all you want but all this means is that UW has standards in recruiting now and the Eastside Catholic foursome isn't up to those standards.

And I think both Redman and Humphreys are beautiful. Just look at them. Grown men. I get calling out Coach Pete from time to time, but I would rather have Redman and Humphreys than Roger and Scott.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Here is the thing: UW recruiting is onto bigger things now. Those Eastside Catholic kids aren't good enough. Besides JT, we just have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Redman might not be ranked where Rogers is but he is bigger and stronger (6-6 250 vs 6-4 240). The coaches have their own evaluation on those two, and they have decided that Redman is the better player. Sorry but that is just how it is now. I am not convinced at all that Hector and Adams are legit 4 stars. Sounds like they are taking one receiver in the 2020 class, and they just don't like Scott as much as some other players.
    You can complain all you want but all this means is that UW has standards in recruiting now and the Eastside Catholic foursome isn't up to those standards.
    trust the coaches they get paid millions to do this

This isn't even a "trust the coaches thing". It's a matter of the fans here having a bias towards local kids, while the coaches just want to get the best players they can get. I support the coaches approach more than the fan's approach on this one.

And I think both Redman and Humphreys are beautiful. Just look at them. Grown men. I get calling out Coach Pete from time to time, but I would rather have Redman and Humphreys than Roger and Scott.
    Like I said, I get the Gee Scott part of it. I also have no problem with offering Redman, but it's not likely that he's going to commit real soon. At the point where we for sure know where we stand with him it'll be far too late with Rogers. Honestly looking at it now he's the only one I believe absolutely needs one. I trust Lake 100% on the DB front and we should have good shots with Bijan and Daniyel.

I still think we likely take 2 WR in 2020, but if we're only taking 1 WR, than just go take both Rogers and Redman if they're interested.

Like I said, I get the Gee Scott part of it. I also have no problem with offering Redman, but it's not likely that he's going to commit real soon. At the point where we for sure know where we stand with him it'll be far too late with Rogers. Honestly looking at it now he's the only one I believe absolutely needs one. I trust Lake 100% on the DB front and we should have good shots with Bijan and Daniyel.

I still think we likely take 2 WR in 2020, but if we're only taking 1 WR, than just go take both Rogers and Redman if they're interested.
    I don't think we know if it's too late for Rogers or not. Perhaps they see Humphreys as a tight end? And want to secure Humphreys and Redman, over Rogers.
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This isn't even a "trust the coaches thing". It's a matter of the fans here having a bias towards local kids, while the coaches just want to get the best players they can get. I support the coaches approach more than the fan's approach on this one.
    Statistically kids out of the state of Washington outperform their recruiting rankings compared to many other states with overinflated rankings (Texas comes to mind,) so this is a more “trust the numbers” thing. It’s not normal to have this many highly recruited kids out of the state, hence the frustrations.

Statistically kids out of the state of Washington outperform their recruiting rankings compared to many other states with overinflated rankings (Texas comes to mind,) so this is a more “trust the numbers” thing. It’s not normal to have this many highly recruited kids out of the state, hence the frustrations.
    Trust the tape and the measurables over any rankings.

I don't think we know if it's too late for Rogers or not. Perhaps they see Humphreys as a tight end? And want to secure Humphreys and Redman, over Rogers.
    I don't think it's too late necessarily right now, but by Ballz' logic we're trying to get Redman before we move on to Rogers. Most likely by the time we know how we stand with Redman, it'll be too late with Rogers.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,284
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2018
    Hector looks pretty good, but I'd want to know what his actual height/weight is, looks a little small
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8270987/5b9cffc819af9409d0b3e1b2
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Supposedly we are only taking 1 WR this class. As of now the staff has Gary Bryant, Jalen McMillan, Johnny Wilson and Humphreys ahead of Scott on their board. If Scott is waiting for an offer, he is probably shit out of luck. We are almost certainly going to land 1 of those players.

Supposedly we are only taking 1 WR this class. As of now the staff has Gary Bryant, Jalen McMillan, Johnny Wilson and Humphreys ahead of Scott on their board. If Scott is waiting for an offer, he is probably shit out of luck. We are almost certainly going to land 1 of those players.

This program has used the only taking one at your position crap for years now. I don’t buy it, especially considering the number of WRs graduating/leaving the program by 2020.
    edited October 2018
    Domicillo said:

This program has used the only taking one at your position crap for years now. I don’t buy it, especially considering the number of WRs graduating/leaving the program by 2020.
    Yep exactly. Pounds, Baccellia, Fuller, Chico, and likely a Jordan Chin couch sale by then. For arguments sake lets say we take 1 more in addition to Taj Davis in this class, that leaves us with 8 in the 2020 class, and that's if Lowe doesn't move to RB. I don't think we need very high WR numbers, but taking 2 makes sense. This scenario also doesn't consider Ty Jones going off as a junior and wanting to enter the league.