Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

After 5 Gaymes...

MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Think it’s fair to say, if not blatantly obvious, that Oregon is a terrible 2nd half team.

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Think it’s fair to say, if not blatantly obvious, that Oregon is a terrible 2nd half team.

Maybe. It may also be we just have a bunch of kids with Helfrich/Taggs loser mentalities (as of now) and don't know how to play with a lead.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It wasn't always pretty, but a win is a win. Tim to build on the momentum and beat the fuskies.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    edited September 2018
    Oregon isn't a good team. There might be two good teams in the conference but I'm not sold on UW yet.

The Ducks' secondary isn't very good, so they get a big lead to the point where the other team has to throw and it hurts them. Also, with the three score lead the chart says run the ball and run, run, run/pass can be pretty easy to defend so you get some short possessions.

If Oregon was a good team that idiot JUCO kid doesn't get a taunting penalty for making the first decent play of his career and Cal punts there, so take one score off the bored. Dye fumbles it away. Combine those two drives with the efficiency the offense runs at and it's another TD. They dropped a perfect pass on 3rd down in the red zone and missed the kick to follow it up.

A young team with some quality veterans that don't know how to win finishes how they did tonight. A good team wins 45/49-17.

There was obviously no hangover from Stanford as they pounded Cal from the gate. I think that speaks very positively of the coaching staff. Stanford had the hangover which isn't hard to believe. Getting up two weeks in a row for road games of that caliber is a tall order.

UW is beyond winnable. They don't have nearly the weaponry of Stanford on offense and you can't really defend the caliber of passing Herbert is shelling out right now and UW's pass rush is garbage. If it becomes a Browning vs Herbert showdown well, you know.

Doogs are going to throw some defensive stats at me here and I'm going to counter with you played five teams with shit offenses.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018
    With Oregon it depends on the matchup. I’d be concerned if I was a Washington fan, because Washington does not play into Oregon’s weakness defensively. They don’t have a qb and WRs that will overpower you. I think UW is better overall, but Oregon is not a great matchup for Washington this year.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

Oregon isn't a good team. There might be two good teams in the conference but I'm not sold on UW yet.

Who is the other possibly good team?

Colorado?

• Options

Mosster47 said:

Colorado?

Stanford is good. They are winning the conference.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Colorado?

No.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Colorado?

Winning the conference doesn't make Stanford good.

See 1999, 2013, and 2015 for details.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,109
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    At this point UW is the only hope for a good team.
  • Options
    dtd said:

As noted in another thread you and Standford have both lost to the only good teams you’ve played this year.

• Options

dtd said:

As noted in another thread you and Standford have both lost to the only good teams you’ve played this year.

This is correct and UW will lose to Stanford because they won't get anywhere near Costello.
  • Options

dtd said:

I see what you did there and I like it.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited September 2018
    Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

This is correct and UW will lose to Stanford because they won't get anywhere near Costello.
    Petsersen's teams are predictable if nothing else.
    UW will beat Stanford at home.
    The games that worry me are at Oregon and USC if they suddenly put things together and get into the conference game.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    dhdawg said:

Mosster47 said:

dtd said:

Petsersen's teams are predictable if nothing else.
    UW will beat Stanford at home.
    The games that worry me are at Oregon and USC if they suddenly put things together and get into the conference game.
    USC needs a really good run game to take the pressure off of the kid and it has been missing before last night. I'm thinking UA's defense and air are pretty similar though.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    Swaye's Wigwam
    With the bye week, and the crowd at Autzen out of their minds it is going to be a absolute Mother for us down there whether Husky Fans want to admit it or not.

With Herbert at qb for UW we would be a legit playoff team, as he's the definition of a difference maker.

It is a absolute MUST that they come out of locker room with same intensity and focus as they had versus Utah. If they don't the Ducks could ride the wave of emotion and momentum to a lead we can't overcome as there is NO chance Oregon will choke it away again like they did versus Stanford. That lesson they have already learned.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    godawgst said:

With the bye week, and the crowd at Autzen out of their minds it is going to be a absolute Mother for us down there whether Husky Fans want to admit it or not.

With Herbert at qb for UW we would be a legit playoff team, as he's the definition of a difference maker.

It is a absolute MUST that they come out of locker room with same intensity and focus as they had versus Utah. If they don't the Ducks could ride the wave of emotion and momentum to a lead we can't overcome as there is NO chance Oregon will choke it away again like they did versus Stanford. That lesson they have already learned.

If Cal were any good they would have tracked Oregon down last night.

3 games in a row Oregon has shit the bed in the 2nd half. Portland state doesn’t count and I can’t even remember the first game.

Averaging 7 points on offense in each pac game in the 2nd half. #58 scoring D in the country which makes them bang average and have played garbage teams sans Standford.

They are getting schooled on halftime adjustments.

10/13 will be a put this shit to bed weekend for Quooks.

They are easily 2 years away from being anything worth while and only if CBalls and the staff grow and learn.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You've always been my favorite, classy negaduck
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You've always been my favorite, classy negaduck
    Hope you get AIDS

But just the Magic Johnson kind.
    That's just the kind of positivity we are gonna need to get back to the top of the North! Sco Ducks!
  • Options
    godawgst said:

Wait, what? You guys beat Utah 21-7 and they just awful.

I pray to Allah UW comes out and plays like did in SLC. That's going to be a fun evening.