Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Does anyone speak about the upcoming game?

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

@HardCoreCougar

I'll help, and no this is not trolling you. You've stumbled into a website that has a lot of DAWG fans that spent years on other boards where all anyone ever does is fluff the team and no one can ever do any wrong. This site was created for the fans who demand more from the players, coaches, athletic department, and most importantly, fans of UW.

Unfortunately for you, this has created years of inside jokes, copy paste of dumb shit people say, and fucking with each other. This site is not wholesome, and it's not for everyone. If you come in being serious, taking jokes personally, or trying to get moral or high and mighty, all you've done is cover yourself in chum and throw yourself into the ocean.

During the week, there is mainly talk of recruiting, making fun of whoever UW is playing, and fucking with people who take themselves too seriously. It's essentially 5-6 days of complete grab-ass with people you like and throwing shit at people you dislike. If you're looking for a breakdown of x's and o's or insightful looks at the opponent, you're 4 days too early. There are plenty of sites out there that have a bunch of team can do no wrong fans who give mind blowingly generic opinions on keys to the game: control the line, get yards on offense, stop the other team from getting yards, blah blah blah.

Come game day, shit changes. The game thread is when people start breaking down what they're seeing in the team, which players are blowing assignments and need to get benched, what the opponent is doing well, etc., etc.

The day after the game, everyone gives their overall opinions of the game, what they saw that sucked from the team, what they saw that they liked, and what their opinion of the other team is.

Then it's back to 5 days of grab-ass and debauchery.

So for you, the goal is:

1) Chill the fuck out and stop taking yourself and others so seriously. It isn't life and death, it's an online forum for football.

2) Give your opinion on the game, what your team does well, what your team doesn't do well, and then let the assholes who inhabit this place tell you to die and leave and light yourself on fire and make sick comments. It's a schtick here that happens to everyone new to see if you're a pussy.

3) Stop being a vag and thinking every UW fan is racist or bigoted. BYU is a school that has a religion affiliated with it that has a history of polygamy and not awesome stuff. People like to make fun of that kind of shit, even though it's known not all BYU students and alum, or even all mormons for that matter, believe in that shit. It's a small sect of the religion. We get it. But you should expect to get made fun of.

4) If you get butthurt about it and start freaking out (which you've done), then people feel like you don't fit in and go ape shit on you, which you deserve for being the afore mentioned vag.

5) If you were chill, made a snarky comment back, or generally let everyone get it out of their system, you'll start getting legit football responses about where the strengths and weaknesses for the team are.

6) Keep calm until gameday, then follow the gameday thread where football chatter actually takes place. That's the time and place to talk actual football, not the entire week before where we are just prognosticating and giving fluff answers about pros and cons. During the game, as it's happening, when the emotions are real and you're actually watching the game and seeing how it's playing out.... That's the time for football talk.

7) Come back the next day, when people give introspective looks about the game, the team, and what needs to happen the rest of the year. You know, what you're currently looking for.

TL:DR - Don't be a vag. This place is definitely full of vile and disgusting people. But it's a place where Husky fans who demand their team stays a national power and demand excellence because that's what they grew up with. It's also a place where they can let loose, make dumb jokes, talk shit with others, and make fun of people.

Anyone who doesn't take it seriously is generally welcomed by all.

But if this place isn't for your personality or humor, then go see Dawgman or RealDawg. There are plenty of people there who will give you the rah rah shit you're looking for and jerk you off and give you a kiss on the forehead before bed.

Stay or go, it's up to you. Get used to what it's like here and learn to hang and just fucking relax. Get used to being hazed when you're new.

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Christ, @Tequilla is embarrassed for you.
    False.

He’s actually putting in a recommendation for an honorary TCU MBA.

I should expect it in the mail in 2-3 weeks.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    This post is for our Bama visitor regarding UW and how they match/fit with what Bama does. Most of this stuff will be something that will probably be discussed at length when we record the next edition of the TSIO Podcast next week ... so if you don't like the length of this post, then FUCK OFF!!! and don't read anymore.

It will be important for UW to put themselves in positions where they always have a check down option(s) for Jake to get rid of the ball in a hurry. 4-5 yard gains against Alabama keep you ahead of the sticks ... that's important. LSU is actually a very important game to watch because it shows what happens when you have a good defense coupled with an offense that does not give Alabama EASY scoring opportunities. That's a good blue print for figuring out how you can stay competitive against Alabama. LSU's biggest problem in that game was that their offense and in particular the QB position was so inept that Alabama didn't respect the passing game much at all and was able to focus on the run game. UW is by far more balanced ... I don't think it's close to a stretch to say that they are the most balanced team Alabama has played all year by a long shot. That will cause some issues for Alabama.

Another thing I've noticed when watching some of the Ole Miss game is that Alabama almost always brings a slot corner or a MLB (or both) in a blitz situation against teams that spread them out. It not only helps to slow down any run situations that may come, but allows the secondary to squat on routes and not be concerned about plays down the field. Picking up those blitzes and giving a pocket will be critical because IF you can get situations where the WRs are 1 on 1 versus the Alabama secondary, you do have opportunities to create some chunk plays. And, the blitzes that Alabama runs really aren't that hard to figure out where they are coming from. They tend to tip the blitz location.

For UW, the LT, LG, and RT are good enough to compete at this level. In the USC game, the LG was coming back from an injury and I do question how healthy he was. We "hopefully" learned a few things from that game that can help us going forward. UW's 2 most basic formations that they run are 2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB and 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB. Alabama is very strong when you get them in a position where they line up and are able to easily identify their responsibilities. A staple of Chris Petersen's offenses though are shifts and motions and I suspect that we'll try to use those situations to either out-flank or confuse the Alabama defense and get a bust in their assignments. UW has at least 3 TEs that they rotate into the game that all are very good run blockers with Darrell Daniels a potential option if they decide to use him in the passing game (which I think could work very well for UW in this game). I expect our line to be in positions where we will be chipping at least one of the edge rushers each time with the TE before releasing ... the TE releasing should quiet some of the middle blitzes from Alabama. I'd expect the C + RG to combo block a fair amount and our RBs often stay in to block so I'd expect that whichever guard isn't being helped with combo blocking will get focus from the RB.

Alabama is very well coached and very fundamentally sound (that shows up big time compared to other SEC teams and the mistakes that they tend to make play after play). It will be important to use some of that against them by going against tendencies from time to time. To slow Alabama down defensively, you have to get them in a position where they are thinking versus reacting and getting them to question what it is that they are seeing. IF Washington can be successful in this, then you have yourself a ball game.

Defensively, the 3 DTs for Washington (Gaines, Qualls, and Vea) are stout and will be a handful for the Alabama middle run game. As others have noted here, the secondary will be as good as any that Alabama has seen this year. Budda Baker is as good of a safety as there is in the country. The weakness to the defense is at the OLB positions. To slow Alabama's offense down, you have to make Hurts a passer. Kiffin tries to limit the exposure of Hurts by giving him a lot of quick throws and screens to get the ball out and into the hands of playmakers. We're very familiar with that with Kiffin and Sark being from the same tree. The quick WR screens will be hard pressed to work against Jones/King on the outside ... as good of a CB tandem as Alabama has seen all year and one of the best in the nation. Not only are they good in coverage, but they are excellent tacklers particularly in the quick WR screen game. The defense has gotten better since they moved Taylor Rapp in to play S and moved Budda more into a slot corner/rover type of role. IF and this is a big IF Washington can keep Hurts from beating them with his legs, then Washington should be able to limit Alabama's offense.

You've noted in a few different areas looking at yardage totals as a measure of the UW defense and specifically cited certain games and yardage totals. One thing you have to understand about the PAC is that teams here like to push play totals upwards of 80-100 on a game by game basis. It's important to look at things from a yard per play basis when looking at the running and passing games. And I also think it's important to look at things from a conference only or P5 only standpoint versus your entire schedule because the entire schedule can be skewed by a few overmatched opponents.

Washington in conference has given up 4 yards per carry in the run game. The games where UW has given up over 4 yards per carry are as follows:

Arizona: 43 for 308 (7.2 yards per carry)
    Oregon: 43 for 230 (5.3 yards per carry)
    Oregon St: 30 for 177 (5.9 yards per carry)
    Utah: 47 for 213 (4.5 yards per carry)

The Arizona game is unique and probably what they do is most similar to what Auburn runs in that the QB is a massive running threat. 176 of those yards came from Arizona's QB ... which is why I said that the biggest obstacle in this game for the UW defense is stopping Hurts in the run game. There's a lot of read option that Arizona runs and if there's a big weakness to the UW defense at times it is that it doesn't like to change what it does to start games. They will adjust at halftime if needed and against both Arizona and Utah the adjustments made really slowed down the opposition offense ... the only plays given up in the 2nd half to Arizona were really a couple of broken plays that hit big. Utah's run game dramatically slowed down in the 2nd half as we brought an extra body into the box and forced Utah to beat us with their passing game. The Oregon game was 70-21 ... I don't read a lot into that. And as for Oregon St, 75 of the 177 yards came on a jet sweep in the 2nd half of a blowout game ... although it was against the #1 defense ... a defense that came out very flat in the 2nd half.

In the last 5 games (Cal, USC, ASU, Wazzu, and Colorado), the yards per rush have been 3.7, 3.1, 0.6, 2.7, and 2.8.

I think even most SEC fans would admit that the QB play in the PAC is usually better than that in the SEC top to bottom in the conference. In conference games, Washington is allowing a completion percentage of 56.5%, 5.8 yards per attempt, and 10.3 yards per completion. In contrast, Alabama's numbers are 52.5% completion percentage against, 6.2 yards per attempt, and 11.9 yards per completion. If there's an area where you could look at the stats and question UW's secondary, it'd be in the completion percentage number as 6 times in 10 conference games have the opposition completed over 60% of their passes. But this also goes to show why completion percentage can be a very misleading stat because when you go back and watch the tape of UW, what you see from them is that they have no problem letting you check it down whether it be screens, rollouts, etc. What they do though extremely well is rally up and tackle those opportunities. Very rarely do you beat a team by making 15+ play drives going 80 yards ... somewhere along the line you're going to get a holding penalty or something to back you behind the sticks or you're going to try to push a pass, etc. that turns into a turnover ... which Washington has averaged over 2 turnovers per game the entire season (they've generated multiple turnovers in every game this season except for the 0 turnovers caused at Utah - hence why that game was relatively close).

The defenses that are probably most similar to UW in the SEC are LSU and maybe Florida ... and the funny thing when you look at those games is that Hurts wasn't really an effective passer:

LSU: 10 of 19 for 107 yards
    Florida: 11 of 20 for 138 yards

The keys for this game from a UW perspective:

1) Field Position: Limit turnovers and force Alabama to go a full field on a consistent basis
    2) Turnover Margin: +2 or better will give UW the chance to be in the game in the 4th quarter
    3) Bring the Alabama defense out of its comfort zone by emphasizing motion and shifts
    4) Contain Hurts in the running game and force him to win with his arm
    5) Special Teams: Must play at least even here

I definitely think that UW can stay within 2 TDs in this game. The computer models are saying that UW has about a 1 in 3 shot to win the game ... yet the money line in Vegas is UW +575 or thereabouts. That's a lot of value. The public perception is that Alabama is so elite that nobody is in their class ... my perception is that the SEC was a really bad league this year. Alabama is rightly the favorite ... they should be. But this will be a game
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam
    Chcesz zdjąć rękawice z Race? Chcesz wejść w pissing match? Zróbmy to. Zaczynajmy.

Zaczynam mieć dość twojej nienawiści, negatywności i rzucania ludzi pod autobus.

Szczerze mówiąc Race, jestem bardzo, bardzo szczęśliwy, że cię nie znam. Cieszę się, że nie przewodzę temu, co wydaje się tak żałosnym życiem, które zmaga się z szukaniem negatywności w każdej sytuacji. Musisz znaleźć coś, na czym możesz się uśmiechnąć. Ostatni sprawdziłem, to lato. Pogoda w Seattle wydaje się teraz całkiem cholernie dobra - dlaczego nie sprawdzasz tego.

Jesteś cholernie zły o rzeczach. Możesz myśleć, że ilość czasu, w którym wypowiadasz swoje poglądy, jest taka, że ​​słyszałeś to wystarczająco często, że masz rację. Nie ma racji.

Mówisz o 12-47, jak to się stało z nieba. Nigdy nie widziałem, żebyś kiedyś zasugerował, że proces upadku tego programu rozpoczął się na długo przed przybyciem Emmert.

Chcesz faktów? Chcesz prawdy? Oto twoja prawda.

Emmert przyszedł na UW przed sezonem GLORIOUS 1-10 pod Gilby. Rok wcześniej (2003) Gilby udało się zrobić wystarczająco dużo, aby doprowadzić nas do 6-6, ale to obejmowało klęskę w Cal, gdzie oddaliśmy 700 jardów (lub w pobliżu). To był obojętny zespół, który był w najlepszym razie mierny. Straciliśmy 5 z naszych ostatnich 8, w tym stratę na Cal, stratę na UCLA i stratę do domu dla NEVADY. Tak, program zmierzał we właściwym kierunku.

Sezon 2002 pod rządami Slicka był kolejnym przykładem, który jest najbardziej pamiętany z "Northwest Championship". To było świetne. Ale ukrył fakt, że wchodząc w "Northwest Championship" byliśmy 4-5 drużyną piłkarską, co było dość żartem na 1-4 w konferencji. W 2002 i 2003 roku zakończyliśmy sezon rekordem 4-4 konferencji.

To nie były dobre drużyny piłkarskie. Trend zmierzał w dół.

Emmert wchodzi na pokład i natychmiast zostaje przygnieciony porażką Gilby'ego 1-10.

Zanim Emmert pojawi się na pokładzie, Babs skacze na statku po dekadzie niewłaściwego zarządzania, w tym umożliwiając stadionowi rozpoczęcie procesu erozji.

Przez cały 2003 r. Mamy do czynienia z odejściem Slicka i następującym po nim procesem sądowym, dr Feelgoodem i całym zamieszaniem związanym z programem softballu i Teresą Wilson.

Teraz pamiętaj o następujących kwestiach: WSZYSTKO, CO ZDARZYŁO SIĘ PRZED EMMERTEM, BYŁO GDZIEKOLWIEK W POBLIŻU PREZYDENTA UNIWERSYTETU WASZYNGTON.

Sprawy nie były w świetnej formie. Myślę, że prawie wszyscy o tym wiedzieli.

Utworzono komitet poszukiwawczy w celu zastąpienia Babs. BOR, górny kampus i wielcy darczyńcy popierający szkołę mają dość jaj, które pojawiają się na ich twarzach. Mają dość wiejskiego klubu, który Babs biegł i luźny sposób, w jaki kierowała działem - szczególnie w świetle tego, co działo się ze Slick. Chcieli, żeby ktoś prymitywny, właściwy i na kogo mogli liczyć, nie nadmieniłby nazwy uniwersytetu. ENTER TODD TURNER.

Teraz to prawie doprowadza cię do punktu, w którym Emmert został wynajęty. Czy musiał podpisać umowę o zatrudnieniu Turnera? Najprawdopodobniej. Ale cokolwiek.

W tym momencie Emmert nie jest odpowiedzialny za wydajność programu piłkarskiego na boisku. Na miejscu jest autokar. Zadaniem Emmerta nie jest nadzorowanie programu piłkarskiego ani żadnego innego programu na wydziale lekkoatletycznym. Ta praca należy do Todda Turnera. Zadaniem Emmerta jest monitorowanie wydajności pracy Todda Turnera.

Tak się dzieje 1-10. Gilby jest konserwowany przez Turnera (słusznie). Tak, program wyniósł 1-10. Ale działania osób odpowiedzialnych za nadzorowanie programu były prawidłowe. Turner zwolnił trenera za słabe wyniki. Jeśli jestem w butach Emmert, nie mogę narzekać.

Coaching search ma miejsce, a Turner ma serce na Tyrone Willingham. To dzierżawa Turnera. To nie jest dzierżawa Emmerta. Z pewnością Emmert musiał podpisać umowę na wynajem. W porządku. Chcesz zrzucić na niego winę za nieumiejętność zaprzeczania wynajęciu. W porządku. Ale wynajem to nie odpowiedzialność Emmert. To odpowiedzialność Turnera. To Emmert jest odpowiedzialny za utrzymanie Turnera odpowiedzialnego za wynajem (co zrobił 3 lata później, kiedy było oczywiste, że Tyrone nie jest odpowiedzią).

Więc Tyrone idzie 2-9 w pierwszym roku po 1-10 roku. Nie najlepiej. Znaki ostrzegawcze zaczynają znikać, szczególnie przy słabej wydajności do zamykania gier. Ale to pierwszy rok reżimu i naprawdę trudno jest być zbyt krytycznym.

W następnym roku program trwa 5-7 i ma 2 znaczące wydarzenia. Pierwszym znaczącym wydarzeniem jest utrata QB do szkody. Myślę, że wielu może twierdzić, że bez utraty Izajasza w tym roku, mamy 6-6. Drugim wydarzeniem, które było znaczące, był dzień "nagłego seniora" i niewytłumaczalna strata dla Stanforda z najbardziej emocjonalną drużyną futbolową, jaką ktokolwiek kiedykolwiek widział. Znowu nie ma tam wystarczającej ilości ognia, by wystrzelić Tyrone'a. Są znaki ostrzegawcze. Jest podstawa, by powiedzieć Tyrrone'owi, że następny rok jest rokiem akcji, w którym coś musi się wydarzyć. On jest na krótkiej smyczy w tym momencie moim zdaniem.

W następnym roku tracimy gry w sposób, który jest niewytłumaczalny. Zyskaj ogromną stratę dla Arizony - gra, której nie powinniśmy nigdy przegrać. Najbardziej absurdalne zakończenie Apple Cup, w jakim kiedykolwiek widziałem, gdzie facet był otwarty przez 20 jardów wychodzących z limitu czasu. Wysadzenie pary 21 punktów prowadzi do Hawai'i. W tym momencie było oczywiste, że rzeczy nie działają. Zmiana kolejności treningów była w porządku. Być może zmiana AD była również w porządku. Zmiana coachingu była zablokowana i skomplikowana. Głowa AD spadła - i słusznie, z powodu innych problemów, które miał i tak strasznego zatrudnienia głównego trenera.

Przed decyzją o zwolnieniu Tyrone'a po roku 2007, naprawdę trudno jest spierać się z KAŻDYM, co Emmert zrobił w związku z programem piłkarskim.

Powiem, że powrót Tyrone na 2008 rok był katastrofalnym błędem. To nigdy nie powinno się zdarzyć. Chcesz rzucić 0-12 na Emmerta - Jestem po to. Myślę, że jeśli złapiesz Emmert w refleksyjnej, prawdziwej chwili, powie ci po fakcie, że powinien był wykonać ruch i że nie był wart tej rzezi 0-12.

Rzuć Emmertem pod autobus na rok 2008. To jest jego odpowiedzialność. 2004-2007? Nie tak bardzo. Proszę, proszę, proszę mi powiedzieć, gdzie jest on odpowiedzialny za rok 2004 i 2007, poza tym, że jest prezydentem uniwersytetu. Proszę, powiedz mi, jakie konkretne działania zrobił, aby podważyć program. Nie znajdziesz ich - nie ma ich.

Twoja krytyka Emmert jest absurdalna. Twoja krytyka Woodwarda jest po prostu komiczna.

Gdzie Woodward wykręcił ten program? Był odpowiedzialny tylko za ten program latem 2008 roku w pełnoetatowej roli. Czy zamierzasz trzymać go w ogniu za bycie przejściowym AD w pierwszej połowie 2008 roku? Jak on jest odpowiedzialny za cokolwiek w latach 2004-2007, kiedy nie był nawet zaangażowany w Departament Sportowy? Opowiedz o teoriach spiskowych. To może być jedna z największych teorii konspiracyjnych, jakie kiedykolwiek widziałem.

Nie lubię przegrywać. Nie podoba mi się to, co widziałem przez ostatnie 5 lat. Wiele razy cierpiałem na mój żołądek. Ale w przeciwieństwie do ciebie, mogę przynajmniej cofnąć się o krok i zdać sobie sprawę, że geneza tego problemu rozpoczęła się na długo przed tym, zanim Mark Emmert został prezydentem Uniwersytetu Waszyngtońskiego.

Gdybym spędził czas jako "bezmyślny sługa z Race Bannon", byłbym przekonany, że jedynym logicznym wytłumaczeniem naszych porażek byli Mark Emmert i Scott Woodward.

Szczerze mówiąc, ta opinia jest jedną z najbardziej idiotycznych szalenie głupich opinii, jakie kiedykolwiek widziałem w moim życiu.

Nie bronię "złych celów". Winę Emmert należy obwiniać. Z łatwością to potwierdzam. Ale to nie jest jego pełna wina. Babs zasługuje na winę. Gerberding zasługuje na winę. McCormick zasługuje na trochę winy. Slick zasługuje na jakąś winę. Gilby zasługuje na trochę winy. Turner zasługuje na jakąś winę. Tyrone zasługuje na trochę winy. Spośród nazw, które wymieniłem, tylko 3 z tych nazw mają jakąkolwiek oś czasu, która rozciąga się na dowolną część kadencji Emmerta. To mniej niż połowa tych nazw.

Szczerze mówiąc, jesteś rasowym osłem. Kiedy słyszę ludzi dziwiących się i jęczących o ludziach w stanie Waszyngton - jesteś krystalicznym przykładem tego, dlaczego ludzie dziwią się stanem Waszyngton. Kiedy słyszę ludzi, którzy dziwią się fanom Uniwersytetu Waszyngtońskiego i jakie są ich skargi, reprezentujesz, jakie są te skargi.

Moim zdaniem nie jesteś dobry dla University of Washington. Nie pomagasz programowi. Nie pomagasz uniwersytetowi. Jesteś całkowicie samolubny i pompatyczny, egoistyczny świr.

Szczekasz złe drzewo, jeśli idziesz za mną. Nie jestem na tyle naiwny, by wsadzić głowę tak głęboko w tyłek, żeby zignorować to, co widzę. Nie sądzę, żeby ktokolwiek, kto mnie zna, powiedziałby, że nie nazwałbym tego pikami.

Wszystko, co płaciłeś za grę i uczestniczyłeś w niej dłużej, niż ja żyłem, zrobiło to dla ciebie, dostałeś zdolność dostania się jako gorzki starzec. Gratulacje na ten temat.

Dzięki za pokazanie nam w młodszym pokoleniu, jak nie działać za 20-30 lat, kiedy jesteśmy w Twoich butach.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Je, unataka kuondokana na kinga zako za Mbio? Unataka kuingia mechi ya pissing? Hebu tufanye hivyo. Hebu kupata kuanza.

Ninaanza kuwa na chuki cha kutosha, upungufu na kutupa watu chini ya basi.

Kuwa waaminifu, Mbio, mimi nina sana, nafurahi sana kwamba sijui wewe. Ninafurahi kwamba siongoi kwa kile kinachoonekana kama maisha ya kupendeza, ambayo yanakabiliwa na kutafuta upendeleo katika kila hali. Lazima upate kitu cha kusisimua. Ilibadilishwa mwisho, ni majira ya joto. Hali ya hewa katika Seattle sasa inaonekana nzuri sana - kwa nini usiangalie.

Wewe ni damaged hasira juu ya mambo. Unaweza kufikiri kwamba kiasi cha wakati unayosema maoni yako ni kwamba umesikia mara nyingi kuwa wewe ni sahihi. Yeye ni makosa.

Unasema kuhusu 12-47, jinsi kilichotokea mbinguni. Sikujawahi kuona mara moja kwamba mchakato wa kuanguka kwa programu hii ilianza vizuri kabla Emmert hajafika.

Je! Unataka ukweli? Je! Unataka ukweli? Hapa ni kweli yako.

Emmert alikuja UW kabla ya msimu wa Sura ya 1-10 huko Gilby. Mwaka uliopita (2003) Gilby aliweza kufanya kutosha kutuongoza hadi 6-6, lakini hii ilijumuisha msiba huko Cal, ambapo tulipa mita za mraba 700 au karibu. Ilikuwa ni timu isiyokuwa na wasiwasi ambayo ilikuwa nzuri zaidi. Tulipoteza 5 kati ya 8 yetu ya mwisho, ikiwa ni pamoja na hasara kwenye Cal, kupoteza kwa UCLA na kupoteza nyumba kwa NEVADA. Ndiyo, mpango huo ulikuwa unaongoza katika mwelekeo sahihi.

Msimu wa 2002 chini ya Slick ulikuwa mfano mwingine ambao unakumbuka zaidi kutoka michuano ya kaskazini magharibi. Ilikuwa nzuri. Lakini alificha ukweli kwamba kwa kuingia "michuano ya kaskazini magharibi" tulikuwa timu ya mpira wa miguu 4-5, ambayo ilikuwa mshtuko mno kwa 1-4 katika mkutano huo. Mwaka wa 2002 na 2003, tulimaliza msimu na rekodi ya mikutano 4-4.

Hizi sio timu nzuri za soka. Hali ilikuwa imeshuka.

Emmert anakuja kwenye ubao na mara moja amewaangamiza na kushindwa kwa Gilby 1-10.

Kabla ya Emmert inaonekana kwenye ubao, Babs anaruka juu ya meli baada ya miaka kumi ya matumizi mabaya, ikiwa ni pamoja na kuruhusu uwanja huo kuanza mchakato wa mmomonyoko.

Katika 2003, Slick ya kuondoka na kufuatilia kesi ya mahakamani, Dr Feelgood na machafuko yote yanayohusiana na mpango wa softball na Teresa Wilson.

Sasa kumbukeni juu ya mambo yafuatayo: YOTE YALIYOFANYA KAMBI YA EMMERT, KWENYE KATIKA KATIKA MHUMU WA UNIVERSITY WA WASHINGTON.

Mambo yalikuwa si sura nzuri. Nadhani karibu kila mtu anajua kuhusu hilo.

Kamati ya utafutaji imewekwa ili kuchukua nafasi ya Babs. BOR, kamati ya juu na wafadhili wakuu wanaounga mkono shule wana mayai ya kutosha ambayo yanaonekana kwenye nyuso zao. Walipata klabu ya kijiji ambayo Babs alikimbilia na njia ya uhuru yeye alikimbia idara - hasa kwa mwanga wa kile kinachotokea na Slick. Walitaka mtu mwenye umri mdogo, sahihi na ambaye angeweza kuzingatia bila kutaja jina la chuo kikuu. Ingiza TODER TURNER.

Sasa ni karibu inakuleta mpaka ambako Emmert imepangwa. Je, alikuwa na saini mkataba wa ajira kwa Turner? Uwezekano mkubwa. Lakini chochote.

Kwa hatua hii, Emmert hawana jukumu la utendaji wa programu ya soka kwenye lami. Kuna kocha kwenye tovuti. Kazi ya Emmert sio kusimamia mpango wa mpira wa miguu au programu nyingine yoyote katika idara ya riadha. Kazi hii ni Todd Turner. Kazi ya Emmert ni kufuatilia ufanisi wa kazi wa Todd Turner.

Hii inatokea 1-10. Gilby inalindwa na Turner (sawasawa hivyo). Ndio, programu ilikuwa 1-10. Lakini vitendo vya wale waliohusika na kusimamia mpango huo ni sahihi. Turner alimfukuza kocha kwa matokeo mabaya. Ikiwa mimi niko viatu vya Emmert, siwezi kulalamika.

Utafutaji wa mafunzo unafanyika, na Turner ana moyo kwa Tyrone Willingham. Ni kukodisha kwa Turner. Hii si kukodisha kwa Emmert. Hakika Emmert alikuwa na ishara ya mkataba wa kukodisha. Ni vizuri. Unataka kumlaumu kwa kuwa hawezi kukataa kodi. Ni vizuri. Lakini kukodisha si wajibu wa Emmert. Hii ni wajibu wa Turner. Emmert ni wajibu wa kuweka Turner kuwajibika kwa kukodisha (ambayo alifanya miaka mitatu baadaye wakati ilikuwa wazi kwamba Tyrone hakuwa jibu).

Kwa hiyo Tyrone huenda 2-9 mwaka wa kwanza baada ya 1-10. Sio nzuri. Ishara za onyo zinatoweka, hasa kwa utendaji mbaya kwa michezo ya kufunga. Lakini hii ni mwaka wa kwanza wa utawala na ni vigumu sana kuwa muhimu sana.

Mwaka uliofuata, mpango unaendelea 5-7 na ina matukio mawili muhimu. Tukio la kwanza muhimu ni kupoteza QB kuharibu. Nadhani wengi wanaweza kusema kwamba bila kupoteza Isaya mwaka huu, tuna 6-6. Tukio la pili, ambalo lilikuwa muhimu, lilikuwa siku ya "mwandamizi wa ghafla" na hasara isiyosababishwa kwa Stanford na timu ya soka ya kihisia yeyote aliyewahi kuona. Tena, hakuna moto wa kutosha wa risasi Tyrone. Kuna ishara za onyo. Ni muhimu kumwambia Tyrrone kwamba mwaka ujao ni mwaka wa hatua ambayo jambo lazima lifanyike. Yeye ni juu ya kukodisha kwa hatua hii kwa maoni yangu.

Katika ijayo

kutomba mbali
  • BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    It's not that we're racist, it's only that we think mormons shouldn't exist.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811

@HardCoreCougar

I'll help, and no this is not trolling you. You've stumbled into a website that has a lot of DAWG fans that spent years on other boards where all anyone ever does is fluff the team and no one can ever do any wrong. This site was created for the fans who demand more from the players, coaches, athletic department, and most importantly, fans of UW.

Unfortunately for you, this has created years of inside jokes, copy paste of dumb shit people say, and fucking with each other. This site is not wholesome, and it's not for everyone. If you come in being serious, taking jokes personally, or trying to get moral or high and mighty, all you've done is cover yourself in chum and throw yourself into the ocean.

During the week, there is mainly talk of recruiting, making fun of whoever UW is playing, and fucking with people who take themselves too seriously. It's essentially 5-6 days of complete grab-ass with people you like and throwing shit at people you dislike. If you're looking for a breakdown of x's and o's or insightful looks at the opponent, you're 4 days too early. There are plenty of sites out there that have a bunch of team can do no wrong fans who give mind blowingly generic opinions on keys to the game: control the line, get yards on offense, stop the other team from getting yards, blah blah blah.

Come game day, shit changes. The game thread is when people start breaking down what they're seeing in the team, which players are blowing assignments and need to get benched, what the opponent is doing well, etc., etc.

The day after the game, everyone gives their overall opinions of the game, what they saw that sucked from the team, what they saw that they liked, and what their opinion of the other team is.

So for you, the goal is:

1) Chill the fuck out and stop taking yourself and others so seriously. It isn't life and death, it's an online forum for football.

2) Give your opinion on the game, what your team does well, what your team doesn't do well, and then let the assholes who inhabit this place tell you to die and leave and light yourself on fire and make sick comments. It's a schtick here that happens to everyone new to see if you're a pussy.

3) Stop being a vag and thinking every UW fan is racist or bigoted. BYU is a school that has a religion affiliated with it that has a history of polygamy and not awesome stuff. People like to make fun of that kind of shit, even though it's known not all BYU students and alum, or even all mormons for that matter, believe in that shit. It's a small sect of the religion. We get it. But you should expect to get made fun of.

4) If you get butthurt about it and start freaking out (which you've done), then people feel like you don't fit in and go ape shit on you, which you deserve for being the afore mentioned vag.

5) If you were chill, made a snarky comment back, or generally let everyone get it out of their system, you'll start getting legit football responses about where the strengths and weaknesses for the team are.

6) Keep calm until gameday, then follow the gameday thread where football chatter actually takes place. That's the time and place to talk actual football, not the entire week before where we are just prognosticating and giving fluff answers about pros and cons. During the game, as it's happening, when the emotions are real and you're actually watching the game and seeing how it's playing out.... That's the time for football talk.

7) Come back the next day, when people give introspective looks about the game, the team, and what needs to happen the rest of the year. You know, what you're currently looking for.

TL:DR - Don't be a vag. This place is definitely full of vile and disgusting people. But it's a place where Husky fans who demand their team stays a national power and demand excellence because that's what they grew up with. It's also a place where they can let loose, make dumb jokes, talk shit with others, and make fun of people.

But if this place isn't for your personality or humor, then go see Dawgman or RealDawg. There are plenty of people there who will give you the rah rah shit you're looking for and jerk you off and give you a kiss on the forehead before bed.

Stay or go, it's up to you. Get used to what it's like here and learn to hang and just fucking relax. Get used to being hazed when you're new.

Another genius comment. Your insights are amazing. Thank you.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club

Great poast, @DoogCourics ...

Yeah it was.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

@HardCoreCougar

So for you, the goal is:

False.

The O/U, as always, is 5. I'll show myself out to LEAVE and *gurgle* while I DIAFF.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,730 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Wood
    In the discipline hole!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Emoterman said:

@HardCoreCougar

So for you, the goal is:

False.

The O/U, as always, is 5. I'll show myself out to LEAVE and *gurgle* while I DIAFF.
    Has avatar, Check.
    Lurked for awhile. Check.
    Gets jokes. Check.

You may STAY!
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Emoterman said:

@HardCoreCougar

So for you, the goal is:

False.

Has avatar, Check.
    Gets jokes. Check.

You may STAY!
    You two should get a fucking room.

And die in it. Then stay
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

@HardCoreCougar

So for you, the goal is:

Another genius comment. Your insights are amazing. Thank you.

Great poast, @DoogCourics ...

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    chuck said:

Swaye said:

Emoterman said:

@HardCoreCougar

So for you, the goal is:

False.

Has avatar, Check.
    Gets jokes. Check.

You may STAY!

And die in it. Then stay
    So... LEAVE??

@Swaye you in???
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

salemcoog said:

I like the guy going nuts until he realizes he's on the jumbo tron.

I've heard the Utah State creamery far outpaces the BYU creamery. Both sound kind of gross when you think about it, yet for some reason, appetizing at the same time. Maybe it's time for the AD to add a Coach Pete's Creamery in the concourse.

One of their BBall players is in that Gif. The ugly fucker with the high fade to The top left of the face painter.
    Was that the older Haws brother? The big poly guy on the right is getting down then looks at the screen like he's embarrassed. I do plan on making the trip to Provo next year, as I heard they have these like 2 foot long (overcompensate much cougars) maple bars. For the record, I was a fat kid and will always be a fat kid inside.
    Yep. That’s him.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Emoterman said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

Emoterman said:

@HardCoreCougar

So for you, the goal is:

False.

Has avatar, Check.
    Gets jokes. Check.

You may STAY!

And die in it. Then stay
    So... LEAVE??

@Swaye you in???
    Always.