Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Levi Rogers, 4* 2020 LT, Woodinville, WA

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

What the fuck are you guys watching? Look how quick and fast his feet are and how smooth he moves. Compare that to Persi or Nelson's film and they look slower, stiffer, less athletic, and less nasty. He can play fucking Tackle in college all day long. He's got that Victor Curne ability to stay on a block when the defender is trying to move laterally to get off the block and then the quick burst to pancake the defender. He's got the quickness and athleticism to flip his hips and run off a speed rusher in pass pro. He looks like Matteo Mele. Sure he can play Guard too but he's not incapable of playing Tackle in college. I've gone through all the film and this is what UW's O-line class should realistically be:

OG: Gaard Memmelaar 3*
    OC/OG: Myles Murao 4*
    OG/OT: Geirean Hatchett 4*
    OG/OT: Levi Rogers 4*
    OT: Roger Rosengarten 4*

Derek has watched him play for years. You have watched some hand selected highlights.

Derek's opinion here >>>>>>>> the rest of ours.
    Derek doesn't know shit if he doesn't think Rogers is good.
    Derek loved him before any of us had heard of him.

Try and keep up.
    Then what's your fucking point? What does that have to do with whether or not this kid warrants an offer? Try to make sense and stay on topic. Try to think for yourself and formulate actual arguments when you disagree.
    Learn to follow a fucking thread
    Learn to make fucking sense, think for yourself, and formulate arguments. You're talking out your ass and arguing just to argue. Stay on topic. You don't think Rogers is deserving of an offer? Explain why in detail. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.
    I’ve decided to help you Ballz because I don’t want you to struggle.

HillsboroDuckDawg’s point is that Derek never said he wasn’t worth an offer or that he thought he sucked.

In fact he’s been touting him since last year when he declared him a 4 star even when all the networks had him as a 3 star.

Derek’s point was after watching him for longer than any of us have known about him, he is projecting him out as a guard and not a tackle.

Literally none of that says Derek thinks he shouldn’t get an offer. In fact, quite the opppsite.

HTH.
    And as I already fucking explained, Rogers has the athleticism and foot speed to play Tackle and he's a better Tackle than most of the Tackles UW has already offered. IDGAF what Derek says. He can have his opinion and that's fine but I'll go with what my eyes tell me over any other fan's opinion that's not backed up by any details or facts. You can agree or disagree. But don't act like a little bitch and be like "well Derek has seen him in person and he says he's a Guard." @HillsboroDuck Okay and...? When did Derek become a football coach? The Doogman guys and 247 guys see kids in person all the time. Doesn't mean their talent evaluations are more valid than anybody else's because they clearly fuck those up all the time.

Rogers can play Guard OR Tackle. Hatchett can play Guard OR Tackle. Curne can play Guard OR TACKLE. Fautanu can play Guard OR Tackle. Just because guys aren't 6'6 or taller doesn't mean they can't play Tackle. It's about fucking foot speed and athleticism which can be seen in one fucking play on a highlight reel. You either have it or you don't and it's obvious which ones have it and which ones don't. Rogers has it.

The point is, there's no fucking reason as to why Rogers shouldn't have an offer. He's an in-state, versatile swing lineman with legit NFL talent. We can disagree on his position fit all day long but that's the overarching point that needs to be addressed. Why is he being slow played? He's an automatic take regardless of position fit.

The sad part is I don’t disagree with paragraphs 2 and 3. Derek thought he was a guard, and you disagreed. Everyone is fine with that.

Where you lost us all and went off the rails was when HillsboroDuckDawg said Derek has seen him for years and he trusts his evaluation over yours, and your response was:

What the fuck are you guys watching? Look how quick and fast his feet are and how smooth he moves. Compare that to Persi or Nelson's film and they look slower, stiffer, less athletic, and less nasty. He can play fucking Tackle in college all day long. He's got that Victor Curne ability to stay on a block when the defender is trying to move laterally to get off the block and then the quick burst to pancake the defender. He's got the quickness and athleticism to flip his hips and run off a speed rusher in pass pro. He looks like Matteo Mele. Sure he can play Guard too but he's not incapable of playing Tackle in college. I've gone through all the film and this is what UW's O-line class should realistically be:

Derek has watched him play for years. You have watched some hand selected highlights.

You decided Derek didn’t think Rogers was good, just because he was projecting him as a guard. When HDD said follow the thread, he was referring to the fact that Stalin fucking loves Rogers and was the first one to do so.

Then you doubled down with the stance that no one thinks he’s good enough to get an offer and told HDD to stay on topic, which is exactly what he was doing while you lost the topic entirely.

When you are StrongArmCobra, you have a unique stance, personal opinion, and passion for what you believe, it’s fucking awesome. That’s the best part about you. You don’t just regurgitate memes or inside jokes. You have opinions assessments and you stand by them.

When you lose your train of thought and revert to Ballz, suddenly you’re down a rabbit hole of hurling insults and calling everyone a retard who disagrees with you, simply because you want to be right instead of have a difference of opinion, that’s where you lose me man.
    Case closed. End of discussion.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Does vanilla have a feature that allows me to block all posts made by a certain poster?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Does vanilla have a feature that allows me to block all posts made by a certain poster?

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Has he been offered yet?
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Has he been offered yet?

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Try and keep up.
    Then what's your fucking point? What does that have to do with whether or not this kid warrants an offer? Try to make sense and stay on topic. Try to think for yourself and formulate actual arguments when you disagree.
    Learn to make fucking sense, think for yourself, and formulate arguments. You're talking out your ass and arguing just to argue. Stay on topic. You don't think Rogers is deserving of an offer? Explain why in detail. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

HillsboroDuckDawg’s point is that Derek never said he wasn’t worth an offer or that he thought he sucked.

In fact he’s been touting him since last year when he declared him a 4 star even when all the networks had him as a 3 star.

Derek’s point was after watching him for longer than any of us have known about him, he is projecting him out as a guard and not a tackle.

Literally none of that says Derek thinks he shouldn’t get an offer. In fact, quite the opppsite.

HTH.
    Derek also touts midgets that will do well with Big Sky offers ... he’s not the most unbiased of people on this one
    And to be fair and balanced, I’ve actually watched some of his HUDL film and what I see is a mid-tier P12 prospect

For UW to level up to a national level, the question that needs to be asked for EVERY recruit is can you see this player playing for Top 5 or Top 10 programs. If you can then that’s a recruit that UW should be in on. If not, then that’s a recruit that needs to be a Plan B or C player.

In that perspective, I don’t see Levi as an elite level T prospect. At the elite level, I want my T prospects to display elite athletic abilities because those are the players they are matching up against. Take a player like Latu ... if I’m at a UW practice and Latu is running drills against Levi, I’d expect Latu to win 70-80% of those reps.

As others have mentioned, I could see Levi being more of an inside guy as it is obvious that if he gets his hands on you in the run game he has the power to create space. Perhaps moreso, could see where he could be a really good Center prospect.

Quite frankly, the feet and athletic ability don’t stand out. That’s worrying. He’s about the same size as Troy in the 2019 class. Go compare Troy’s film vs Levi’s ... night and day difference.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Levi continued the path of solid OL going to Wazzu ... could easily see him being successful there.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,702
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

It doesn’t. I’ve checked a few times.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Tequilla said:

Try and keep up.

HTH.
    Derek also touts midgets that will do well with Big Sky offers ... he’s not the most unbiased of people on this one
    And you also tout that worlds exist where UW may be better off without Jimmy Lake. 2 years later he is still turning down Bama, still improving the defense in regards to PPG, still shipping players to the NFL, and still landing top end talent in each class.

Tequilla said:

Try and keep up.

HTH.
    You just can't help yourself.

For a final time... Did I ever say that the Pac-12 should come calling on the so-called midget? No, I didn't. I touted a great kid who was first team All-Kingco as a CB, WR, PR and KR. Four different first team honors. He was also named team MVP. As a junior. He's exciting to watch.

There's nothing fair about your assessment. It's motivated by your dislike for Stalin, not based on being accurate or fair.

You have an unfounded belief that I don’t like you ...

Your only evidence is that I call you on items here and there

The recruiting board is about UW Football targets ... not Woodinville HS Football

If you think there is a beef, that’s what it is

Tequilla said:

Try and keep up.

HTH.
    And you also tout that worlds exist where UW may be better off without Jimmy Lake. 2 years later he is still turning down Bama, still improving the defense in regards to PPG, still shipping players to the NFL, and still landing top end talent in each class.

Completely out of context but whatever

My comments were made at a time that Lake was a DB Coach, was making a salary that had room to be propped up against both as a position coach and DC promotion, had a block to the DC job, and recruiting was appearing to be in a less than ideal spot.

My comments were incorporating all of that and a consideration going forward ...

The evidence suggests that similar discussions were taking place behind the scenes because they addressed the problems. What they did and what I didn’t consider was K taking a step back ... which why would I think that’s realistic when it literally NEVER happens in college football.

But sure, keep taking what I was saying out of context.
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Try and keep up.

HTH.

Completely out of context but whatever

My comments were made at a time that Lake was a DB Coach, was making a salary that had room to be propped up against both as a position coach and DC promotion, had a block to the DC job, and recruiting was appearing to be in a less than ideal spot.

My comments were incorporating all of that and a consideration going forward ...

The evidence suggests that similar discussions were taking place behind the scenes because they addressed the problems. What they did and what I didn’t consider was K taking a step back ... which why would I think that’s realistic when it literally NEVER happens in college football.

Just as your response to my comment was completely out of context.

My comments were not made towards the validity of Derek’s evaluation of Levi’s talent. Nor were my comments made towards supporting Derek’s abilities as a scout and being able to tell a prospects best position in the future. And my comments sure as fuck had nothing to do with Derek’s perceived biases towards his hometown players.

My comments were based strictly on the fact that SACtown went off the rails saying that Derek doesn’t think Levi is good or worth a scholarship strictly because he fancies him a guard at the college level.

I could give two shits about what you said about Lake, because I actually understood what your point was at the time you said it. If you were to dig a little deeper you would have seen my response to you was just to knock you off the fucking high horse you rode into this thread on.

edited April 2019
    And don’t take my comments *edit: to* be the catalyst to an unfounded belief that I don’t like you.

Because I do.