Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Meek's 3 & Out Comments

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
as a couple of you are well aware, I am a pussy-whipped husband who does what he is told, hence I had to spend this weekend at a 5* hotel in San Diego so my family could enjoy the sites while I played cat & mouse with social media and any publicly visible TV set until I got back to the hotel and watched the game on my iPhone via my Directv DVR's cloud setup...anyway, I digress...here is my completely ignorant perspective (much of which has been covered in a thousand threads on this bored already):

1) Jake Browning is exactly what he has been and always will be. No situational awareness whatsoever...just a failure as a QB who, honestly, seems to not be aware of his own capabilities. Why he doesn't throw the ball out of bounds to avoid time sucking, yardage losing sacks is baffling...the turnovers holy fuck...why he continues to float backwards when he doesn't have the arm strength to fire something up for grabs...He was good for an early LOL, though. ESPN quoted him as saying he's the guy players would pick to go to battle with -R U 4 Real?! I highly doubt that. Sadly, he will be the stain on Gaskin's legacy to everyone who is not an actual Husky fan. I hate Browning and I don't care if Joe Ngata knows that.

2) Special Teams felt like we were playing on a tilted field most of the game. They kicked everything beyond the end zone and we didn't do it once. I felt our kick coverage gave up more yards than I planned on us giving up. This needs to get fixed and I expected it to be a difference maker, but it went the wrong way.

3) WR's...I was really happy with what I saw out of them. Outside of the PI on Fuller's TD they were great. That PI should have counted if the pick play had been slightly more disguised like every other team does them without a penalty. Too bad.

Overall, I thought we'd get blown out and after the first 8 minutes I just about bailed on the game, but I do think there is something about this team that impressed me where everyone got stronger throughout the game (notwithstanding Brownshorts)...this game was a big, fat, juicy WIN with Haener at QB if you ask me.

I'm flying back today...wife and kid in first class while I'm in coach. Story of my life.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    You say that about Haener now. When he is starting over Eason next year...
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    Auburn's starting field position on kickoffs:

25(faircatch)

This is Pete's plan. He doesnt want to kick it through the endzone. He wants it high to the 5ish yard line. If they take a fair catch their own fans will boo them. If they take it out they risk being inside the 20. Pete trusts his special teams from stopping big plays.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Wine of the week?

Merlot that drinks like a cab #oblig
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    Bread said:

25(faircatch)

This is Pete's plan. He doesnt want to kick it through the endzone. He wants it high to the 5ish yard line. If they take a fair catch their own fans will boo them. If they take it out they risk being inside the 20. Pete trusts his special teams from stopping big plays.

For fucking real? Hmmmnn ... Okay. I guess that makes sense
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    TommySQC said:

Wine of the week?

Merlot that drinks like a cab #oblig
    *wonee
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    edited September 2018
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Houhusky said:

I don't understand why you can't tell your wife that you need 3-4 hours at the hotel to watch the game? I get it, but it's not an unreasonable request.

Isn’t meek married to a tiger mom Asian?

The real ethinic third world kind of Asian that will suck you dry, cook you dinner, clean up and do the dishes, maybe let you mess around with her best friend on occasion, but will then slit your throat with one of the overpriced high heeled shoes you bought her while you sleep if you cross her in the wrong way.

You of all people should understand his plight
    She buys you the expensive shoes, not vice versa. HTH.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Wine of the week?

good point my man...you remembered my schtick...problem is I didn't get a chance to get drunk for under $9 this weekend. I promise to have something for the big North Dakota tilt!
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    Meek said:

I don't understand why you can't tell your wife that you need 3-4 hours at the hotel to watch the game? I get it, but it's not an unreasonable request.

dude, I make barely $100k/year and live in a $3M/house and traveling business class to Europe and/or Asia twice/year and also have a $1M rental property in the city...you think I paid for my own 75" 4K tv with Klipsch Reference home theater surround sound (including Dolby Atmos)? Damn, I am very aware of what I have and how I got it.

I applaud your setup.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    Bread said:

25(faircatch)

this is what you tell everyone when you can't kick it into the end zone
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    LebamDawg said:

Bread said:

25(faircatch)

this is what you tell everyone when you can't kick it into the end zone
    Bingo.

One or two yards on average saved with the possibiliyy of returns?

Gtfo