Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Admittedly, I don't know much

but I do know this from my limited access to people who really know their shit: the academic casualty excuse is just that - straight up bull shit.

NCAA minimums people. NCAA minimums. If they can get into Cal or UCLA or USC, they sure as fuck can get into UW. Please. As I've posted before, and I know these numbers so don't fuck with me on it, UW's are closer to Oregon's and WSU's than they are to those schools I just listed. And that's the fucking truth, and none of it has jack shit to do with any fucking body at UW being concerned about Miles Jack and academics. He either clears the minimum hurdle or he doesn't. Clearly, he did.

If the school isn't Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, Vanderbilt or one of the academies, I really don't want to hear the made up bull shit about UW's supposed higher standards. It's just that: made up.

The fact is, UW is recruiting a female athlete right now who I know a great deal about and, I'm trying to be nice here, she's a dumb shit. At one point she had a 1.7 GPA, though I'm sure it's getting inflated with bullshit classes, because girls who are 6'4" and 190 lbs. don't grow on trees. She's also a train wreck as far as being someone you'd be proud to call sweetie pie. But like I said, she's a fucking beast.

The JC PE thing is another thing altogether. It's a technicality that UW must fix, because all the other non-Stanford conference schools do it.

That's my sermon for the day.

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    I have mixed feelings about the PE thing... I wasted enough time and money in bullshit classes like Native American woodcarving, 17th century literature, and Technical communication (where I literally made an instructional brochure on how to tie your shoes for the final) all in the name of being well rounded.

The last thing I would want is to be required to take some bullshit archery class with a bunch of fatties and nonathletic Asian nerds being taught by a 40+ year old overweight lesbian with a mullet.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I have mixed feelings about the PE thing... I wasted enough time and money in bullshit classes like Native American woodcarving, 17th century literature, and Technical communication (where I literally made an instructional brochure on how to tie your shoes for the final) all in the name of being well rounded.

The last thing I would want is to be required to take some bullshit archery class with a bunch of fatties and nonathletic Asian nerds being taught by a 40+ year old overweight lesbian with a mullet.

If we're going to bash on Lewis County bartenders, I'm out!