Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fire Marshall Pick 'Em '18 Thread

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Gladstone said:

why include hyper-dreck matchups? why no ND VT? utah furd? I say this every year but you really should be using something like Yahoo to just do this programmatically, instead of manually taking hours

If you think you can do a better job than FMB running the pick 'em, then maybe step up to the plate next year. We're lucky FMB runs the pick 'em at all.
    Don't care that much just trying to help the dude out
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,676 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

why include hyper-dreck matchups? why no ND VT? utah furd? I say this every year but you really should be using something like Yahoo to just do this programmatically, instead of manually taking hours

If you think you can do a better job than FMB running the pick 'em, then maybe step up to the plate next year. We're lucky FMB runs the pick 'em at all.
    Don't care that much just trying to help the dude out
    Really? It certainly sounds like you care.

;)
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    edited October 2018
    19) Texas vs. 7) Oklahoma
    Buffalo at Central Michigan
    Syracuse at Pitt
    5) LSU at 22)Florida
    FSU at 18) Miami
    ASU at Colorado
    13) Kentucky at Texas A&M
    10) Washington at UCLA
    Wyoming at Hawaii

Do not feel good about A&M, but I know I can't count on all the road favorites winning.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,503 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

I try not to repeat teams too much, except for Washington and maybe Oregon and WSU, since we have fans of those teams on here. The dreck is just me being weird, but I try not to do it too much. I did Utah and Furd last week. But...I will take all of the input into consideration. Bill is a man of the people, after all.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,503 Founders Club
    I have it done. It's a home. I'll either poast late tonight (like 11 MST) or tomorrow. My life sucks and I'm a workaholic.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    19) Texas vs. 7) Oklahoma (Dallas)
    Syracuse at Pitt
    5) LSU at 22) Florida
    FSU at 18) Miami
    ASU at Colorado
    10)Washington at UCLA
    Wyoming at Hawaii

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Gladstone said:

I try not to repeat teams too much, except for Washington and maybe Oregon and WSU, since we have fans of those teams on here. The dreck is just me being weird, but I try not to do it too much. I did Utah and Furd last week. But...I will take all of the input into consideration. Bill is a man of the people, after all.
    I support FMB and 'dreck' picks, makes it more challenging.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,003

Gladstone said:

I honestly dont care about any game that happens east of saskatchewan
  • BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    Syracuse at Pitt
    5) LSU at 22)Florida
    FSU at 18) Miami
    ASU at Colorado
    10)Washington at UCLA
    Wyoming at Hawaii
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Fire Marshall Pick'em >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yahoo
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Oklahoma
    Central Mich
    Syracuse
    LSU
    Miami
    ASU
    Kentucky
    UW
    Hawaii
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,705 Swaye's Wigwam
    Syracuse at Pitt
    5) LSU at 22)Florida
    FSU at 18) Miami
    ASU at Colorado
    10)Washington at UCLA
    Wyoming at Hawaii
    Umm, I need some t and a to quell the doubters, but I figured I'd at least give a fupdate first
    Weak 5 Only Update

7-0

NorseHusky
    Whatshouldicareabout

6-1

jhfstyle
    NESnake12
    McRib
    godawgst
    Gladstone
    Salemcoog
    Woof
    dflea
    OBK

5-2

Les G.
    PGOS
    JECAR
    J
    UWHuskytskeet
    Spuden
    greenblood
    ncdawg38
    89ute

4-3

Lebamdawg
    Hillsboromallard
    doog de jour
    Bread
    Swaye
    Thomas Fremont
    Tequila
    The Dozer
    fm Bill
    BennyBewaver

3-4

Race
    Gilbystaint
    Biak1
    CreepyCoug
    Doogcourics
    Roaddawg55san

2-5

AZDuck

News and notes:

Still need to look into PGOS and AZDuck scores, but I believe @PostGameOrangeSlices should be 23-12 overall. I miss shit so I might have missed @AZDuck a week, but I am 99% sure he missed at least a week. Plus he's in the gulag, so what's he going to do? Bwahahaha

I am still doing overalls. I sort of have some free time today, so hopefully they are done today, but I don't want to promise it and have people get mad.

For those who care....we have gradually sunk down to 37 participants (this week). It's good in a way for me (less work), but on the other hand, high numbers gives a little validation to my barren life and soul. Either way, it's interesting.

As for the lame games, i.e. Buffalo at Central Michigan or whatever Mac or MW trash I do occasionally, I did that last year. It's annoying to maybe 10-20%, but I'm a quirky, creative, stable, genius, and I do stuff like that. I also don't like to repeat the same teams too much, except for Northwest ones. At the same time, I'm not going to pass up many match ups with two top 25 teams.
    @AZDuck

Sorry bro. You did all the first four weeks. I'm assuming you did them in time? I went through it quickly, so it's going to need to be double checked later. I'll update it in the overalls. But with the banhammer, you will be missing a couple of weeks here no matter what. So you'll still be eligible, but it'll be hard to crack the top 10. I'm still working on the overalls. It's hard. FML
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,853 Founders Club
    Oklahoma
    Buffalo
    Syracuse
    LSU
    Miami
    ASU
    Texas A&M
    Washington
    Hawaii
  • NCDaWg38NCDaWg38 Member Posts: 115
    19) Texas vs. 7) Oklahoma