Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What will Arroyo's imprint be on Duck offense?

Comments

• KevinPAC12KevinPAC12 Member Posts: 62
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Its coming.....
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I posted stats about Arroyo on twitter a few days ago.

If looking at past history....he may be worst OC in college football
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    R
    HuskyJW said:

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    His offense just needs more 4 and 5 star players! The Cristobal abides.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

R

HuskyJW said:

Not taking a stand on arroyo either way (been underwhelmed so far) but he only was OC (where he called plays) at 2 of the 4 places you listed...so only 3/8 years in your sample size is valid, which kinda throws the whole thing out
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    ntxduck said:

R

HuskyJW said:

Not taking a stand on arroyo either way (been underwhelmed so far) but he only was OC (where he called plays) at 2 of the 4 places you listed...so only 3/8 years in your sample size is valid, which kinda throws the whole thing out
    Not what his bio says....

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

R

HuskyJW said:

Where in his bio does it say he was oc at cal (where he was QB coach)? Or oc at SJSU for 3 years where he was GA, QB coach, and then co-oc?
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

R

HuskyJW said:

Where in his bio does it say he was oc at cal (where he was QB coach)? Or oc at SJSU for 3 years where he was GA, QB coach, and then co-oc?
    This. Quooks have been talking about him bringing his stuff from Okie Lite with him. You know, where he was the running back coach.

He really doesn't have enough of a track record as an OC to be judged yet. Also, Mario being an O-line guy will always realistically be in charge of the scheme. If any of you have ever been an OC at any level you basically do what your line coach tells you.

Anything more than LIPO with anything involving the staff is FS at this point.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

R

HuskyJW said:

This. Quooks have been talking about him bringing his stuff from Okie Lite with him. You know, where he was the running back coach.

He really doesn't have enough of a track record as an OC to be judged yet. Also, Mario being an O-line guy will always realistically be in charge of the scheme. If any of you have ever been an OC at any level you basically do what your line coach tells you.

So the O-line coach is the OC? Got it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Sources said:

Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

R

HuskyJW said:

So the O-line coach is the OC? Got it.
    I think he's the hc
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

Why?

LIPO

Your head coach is 27-48. I don't care where a guy coaches, that is bad.

You could have great coordinators and you would still be fucked.

LIPO I guess if your goal is peaking at 8 win seasons. There is nothing to play out if you're expecting a championship. It's not happening with this staff.
    So, let's say his first head job was at a place like Boise State that was already winning 80% of their games, had a great culture in place, and had no real competition regionally. Do you feel his record would reflect differently there than a place that had nothing, was coming off of an Owen, had 17 ineligible players to go with a 25 scholarship reduction, and was the eighth D1 program in its own state?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

LIPO

LIPO I guess if your goal is peaking at 8 win seasons. There is nothing to play out if you're expecting a championship. It's not happening with this staff.
    So, let's say his first head job was at a place like Boise State that was already winning 80% of their games, had a great culture in place, and had no real competition regionally. Do you feel his record would reflect differently there than a place that had nothing, was coming off of an Owen, had 17 ineligible players to go with a 25 scholarship reduction, and was the eighth D1 program in its own state?
    Doogs hate winners and make excuses for losers

Check

Mosster47 said:

LIPO

Doogs hate winners and make excuses for losers

Check
    Not an answer to the question.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WE don't deal in hypotheticals here