Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Name this QB

A career 64% completion percentage and more than 9100 yards is impressive. He has also thrown for 78 touchdown passes. He is efficient and unselfish. If the game script needs him to throw for 400 yards, he can. If he needs to turn around and hand the ball off 35 times in a game, that’s not an issue for him either. There aren’t many quarterbacks in the country who I’d want on my team more than...........

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Over/under on months before he’s a GA is 5
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

at Oregon State, hopefully

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Some fucktarted team will draft him
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    Founders Club

Some fucktarted team will draft him
    Only if we’re a playoff team, so I hope you’re right
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The thing that is so frustrating about Jake is that he could be the perfect quarterback for us. Imagine a quarterback who has a number 1 receiver, two strong tight ends, and then two rbs who could start for pretty much anybody (our 5 best skill players as identified by the pod). Now what would you ask of a quarterback? Take shots on first down and go deep on 3rd and 4+? Fuck no. You want a quarterback who will make the short to intermediate throws, audible out of bad situations, and go through his progressions to make smart plays. That would give you a consistent offense that wears down opponents and let's the defense rest. You can still keep the defense off balance with a mix of rushing and different yardage passes but everything will be a higher probability play. This would really open up the deep shots but that is beside the point.

It turns out we have a quarterback who can make those throws and can identify bad situations but can no longer read through his progressions and just locks on to one target due to some sort of mental scarring and still has an inconsistent deep ball. We don't have a heroics-based quarterback and we don't need one. It's not all on Jake that we ask him to emphasize his weaknesses but until he can go back to being a consistent game manager in non -stressful situations I can call him good. Our defense can keep us from falling too far in the hole against anyone in the country so he doesn't have to be a hero. If he can just lead to sustained drives by making the right choices on the field he will be good. I know the play calling doesn't help him a lot of the time but that doesn't change how he handles what he is given.

Maybe right now he is a top 15 quarterback in the country but I define good based on what he does and not how tall his competition stands.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited August 2018
    Gladstone said:

The thing that is so frustrating about Jake is that he could be the perfect quarterback for us. Imagine a quarterback who has a number 1 receiver, two strong tight ends, and then two rbs who could start for pretty much anybody (our 5 best skill players as identified by the pod). Now what would you ask of a quarterback? Take shots on first down and go deep on 3rd and 4+? Fuck no. You want a quarterback who will make the short to intermediate throws, audible out of bad situations, and go through his progressions to make smart plays. That would give you a consistent offense that wears down opponents and let's the defense rest. You can still keep the defense off balance with a mix of rushing and different yardage passes but everything will be a higher probability play. This would really open up the deep shots but that is beside the point.

It turns out we have a quarterback who can make those throws and can identify bad situations but can no longer read through his progressions and just locks on to one target due to some sort of mental scarring and still has an inconsistent deep ball. We don't have a heroics-based quarterback and we don't need one. It's not all on Jake that we ask him to emphasize his weaknesses but until he can go back to being a consistent game manager in non -stressful situations I can call him good. Our defense can keep us from falling too far in the hole against anyone in the country so he doesn't have to be a hero. If he can just lead to sustained drives by making the right choices on the field he will be good. I know the play calling doesn't help him a lot of the time but that doesn't change how he handles what he is given.

Maybe right now he is a top 15 quarterback in the country but I define good based on what he does and not how tall his competition stands.

Jood was talking with Yogi Roth, and Yogi asked how things have looked with Hamdan being back.

Jood mentioned that the big thing he’s noticed is Browning is being held accountable and challenged like Jood hasn’t seen the last 3 years.

His example:

Browning threw an incompletion that ended a drive, and he clearly thought it was the WR fault. Browning threw to a spot and the WR ran a different direction. Jood said Browning had bad body language and said something to the WR.

Hamdan then called Browning over and told him that the WR wasn’t to blame. That the miscommunication and incompletion was on Browning. Hamdan then told Browning if he thinks the WR is lined up wrong or is running a different route, it’s up to Browning to correct it before the snap rather than call out the WR after the incompletion.

If this shit is true, then maybe TSINO.

I remember in 2016 when Hamdan was the WR coach, whenever a drive ended and Browning would pout, Hamdan was the one on the sideline going over what fucked up.

TL;DR

Babushka was weak and didn’t call Browning on his shit. Supposedly Bush is doing just that in camp, and maybe this season can be salvaged. Either way it will be chinteresting, and I love big Bush!!!!!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    I just listened to TyJah with Softy (fuck your flags). Contrary to what most have said, TyJah claims the offense has changed a lot. FWIW
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

I just listened to TyJah with Softy (fuck your flags). Contrary to what most have said, TyJah claims the offense has changed a lot. FWIW

I too listened to that interview. Totally caught my attention as well when he said the offense is really different.

Dreams of a legitimate offense without Babushka fucking everything up.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread is TL;DR
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Just get sark back callin those plays and letting it rip

Without the power of sark you guys are no good
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Where is Bush Hamdan going to play offensive coordinator at?