Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rap Battle 90's Bracket Round 1: Tupac Shakur (1) vs Warren G (16)

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Brutal matchup here for me. My favorite rapper of all time heads up against the man with my favorite song in the rap game which is the reason I got into rap.

Fuck.

Pac is basically the Kurt Cobain of rap music. Not the progenitor but the man who took it to mainstream heights never previously thought possible, who then died while at the absolute top of not just the genre but the music world in general. Throw in a life lived full of contradictions and a hugely popular conspiracy theory or two about his death and you have the black Cobain.

The biggest difference between the two though is Shakur was prolific as hell. While it can be argued that Cobain is only such a big name because he died before he made enough mediocre music that the world moved on, Pac wrote and recorded so many songs that he has could fill up Cobain's discography with posthumous hits rather easily. Part poet, part actor, part advocate, part gangsta, Tupac was unlike any rapper before or since. Responsible for both the greatest album and the greatest dis track of all time, a transcendent star the likes of which it's impossible the genre can ever produce for us again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3pZuKtF0kY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQZqPi1aHNo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL6dWDfs5x8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41qC3w3UUkU

Warren G hooked up with Nate Dogg to put together my favorite song of all tim (coincidentally for the soundtrack of my favorite Tupac movie, Above The Rim). And while Regulate stands far above any other song he ever made, he wasn't a one hit wonder. This DJ and Do You See were huge hits in their own right and he had a number of smaller hits on his two follow up albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoezCLhQFaE

Rap Battle 90's Bracket Round 1: Tupac Shakur (1) vs Warren G (16) 32 votes

1. 2Pac
75%
SwayewhlinderRoadDawg55Mad_SonDeepSeaZgreenbloodGladstonednc2001400exoregonblitzkriegbiak1Bad_MotherDuckerrodmansragehuskyhooliganIPukeOregonGrellowNEsnake12backthepackYellowSnowjhfstyle24BleachedAnusDawg 24 votes
16. Warren G
25%
ThomasFremontPurpleJYouKnowItGrundleStiltzkinseatownfunkPitchfork51Doog_de_JourEl_K 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1. 2Pac
    Free Yacht Rock Pub!!!

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    16. Warren G
    I read that nicely thought out review of Tupac

Nice work

I then voted for Warren g
  • Options
    1. 2Pac

I read that nicely thought out review of Tupac

Nice work

I then voted for Warren g

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    1. 2Pac
    Warren Gs best album > 2 Pacs best album. But collective body of work goes to Pac.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,090
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    1. 2Pac
    2001400ex said:

Warren Gs best album > 2 Pacs best album. But collective body of work goes to Pac.

WSU > USC potd
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1. 2Pac
    Warren G doesn't even belong in the poll. One hit wonder. 213 with Snoop and Nate Dogg is decent, but Warren G was easily the worst of the three.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,496
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    16. Warren G

TOo fucking white
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1. 2Pac
    PurpleJ said:

TOo fucking white
    What are you talking about? I'm counting 1 Messican and 1 Filipino in this group.
  • Options
    1. 2Pac

Warren G doesn't even belong in the poll. One hit wonder. 213 with Snoop and Nate Dogg is decent, but Warren G was easily the worst of the three.

Disagree he’s a one hit wonder but going in I would have agreed he probably doesn't belong - Warren and Lauryn were the two I chincluded that I figured I'd get the most pushback on. But Warren's having a respectable showing against Tupac, looks like maybe he belongs after all.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,496
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    16. Warren G
    dnc said:

Disagree he’s a one hit wonder but going in I would have agreed he probably doesn't belong - Warren and Lauryn were the two I chincluded that I figured I'd get the most pushback on. But Warren's having a respectable showing against Tupac, looks like maybe he belongs after all.
    I'd take Mac Dre over any of the aforementioned faggots.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1. 2Pac
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

I'd take Mac Dre over any of the aforementioned faggots.
    I used to love Mac Dre. Then I turned 17.
  • Options
    1. 2Pac
    Pac took his rings, he took his Rolex, Warren looked at his brothas said "Damn, what's next?"

A: 2Pac in the second round.