Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    You think she watched Pete’s pressers? This is obviously a cover story.

This is all about $$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dhdawg said:

Apparently his mom isn't coming on the UW trip. She thinks petersen's comments were "hypocritical"

She's cool with the sleezebag of all sleezebags that is clay helton though!

I think puka really likes us but it does seem like when a parent is selling his/her kid away from uw money is usually involved

What comments?
    About the recruiting vultures
    I love Pete, but at face value, she’s not wrong. We still recruit guys committed to other schools. It’s the way it works.
    He wasn't just talking about recruiting guys committed to other schools, he was talking about USC coaches harassing our commits. The problem is he can't actually say that, so it sounds like he's being a hypocrite. It must be frustrating, but those were incredibly dumb comments to make without context. Pete fucked up.
    Correct but not just other college coaches but 7on7 coaches, high school coaches, uncles, "mentors", step dads, real dads (Hopate), all possibly trying to convince a kid to flip from UW and go some where else so they can secure a bag. He did use the phrase "low down tactics" so it should have been obvious to anyone watching that he wasn't just talking about flipping recruits at the last minute when they've been committed elsewhere for a long time, he was talking about other schools and their bag men committing recruiting violations while trying to flip them.
    It should be obvious, but it just isn't for anyone who doesn't seriously follow recruiting
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

The worst thing I heard during the Poly Bowl broadcast was during Noah Pola-Gates’ commitment. He said that Puka had been pushing him hard about USC all week leading up to the announcement

So Puka to Nebraska?
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

Ruth is insitent that this is his final visit

She is wrong. Again.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You think she watched Pete’s pressers? This is obviously a cover story.

This is all about $$$$$$$$$

100000% agree here. Puka’s mom doesn’t give a shit about what Pete said about vultures or they would have never committed to USC and Johnny Nansen. I’ve got poly sources in Utah who say.......

Him not signing, is all about money and driving the price up. Why do you think 335 offers given out Oregon is getting the last visit even though they offered him two weeks ago? Not signing was to drive up the price and it worked because USC did the stupid KKKliff project and now Puka’s mom is sitting here with all the leverage saying you lied to my son about KKKliff, you took 2 more WR commits, you didn’t let Ford and Puka anywhere near each other on their visit, so pay me more or Oregon will. If you’re willing to fake hire an OC to recruit, you’re just as willing to pay moms whatever she asked for. Nansen knows how well we recruit parents, & he knows now that Miki Ah You’s family name is a big deal especially in Utah and I would bet money that Nansen is telling her not to go on the visit and to “let Puka just enjoy his visit even though you’ve been on every other visit”

Remember, UDUB recruited Puka over Ford during the period in which they thought Ngata was coming. That 4-5 month gap I bitch about so much where we didn’t talk to Ford until Bush was completely back in the picture, was so that we could get Puka at the rising stars camp and have him commit shortly after. This was our big eval find that would make Pete look like a genius when McCoy and Ford are most likely going to end up at USC, “I’ll find someone just as good who’s more like our culture and I’ll make him better than McCoy and ford” Puka balled out at the camp, and just like for Hammers visit in the summer, we felt amazing about where we were but with them both saying it’s too early to cut off other schools but the interest in UDUB is there. Two weeks after telling UDUB he loved them and would commit if his mom didn’t want him to check out other schools, Puka committed to USC & told schools not to talk to him.

The funny thing is is that Eklund thought he had a beat on all of this and told everyone Puka was going to commit at the rising stars and even put in one of his blogs the USC commitment “came out of nowehere” lol I love to laugh to him.
    So based off all of this, you hearing anything about genuine interest in UW or is it wait and see once he meets Adams this weekend?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ruth still says this is his last visit.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    dhdawg said:

If this is true it’s good for a reason more important than Oregon not getting their noses in on this. It would mean Puka is saying things in front of cameras vehemently that end up being the complete opposite what he ends up doing behind them as far as recruiting timelines. That’s the biggest question, are Puka’s actions actually a rift between USC’s relationship with him. Are biggest hope is that he’s saying he’s going to UCLA or Oregon but really just shutting it down after his UDUB visit.

I’m not sure but can someone remind me if we’ve been in home with him or are allowed to go in-home with him?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

He was quoted by Angulo that he plans to take visit UW, UCLA, and Oregon before signing day.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    At least his mom is visiting with him. But yeah, he says hes visiting Oregon and UCLA afterwards
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

At least his mom is visiting with him. But yeah, he says hes visiting Oregon and UCLA afterwards

Big if true
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2019
    Interesting. Hopefully that's true. Him touring the entire conference doesn't bode well but we have a good recent history with late visits...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Penn State kid looked good when we played them
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

If anyone is curious, and I doubt you're too strongly curious, but since there's some overlap I'll share what's being reported on Oregon's end.

They're thinking Ford will stay with USC, hence the pursuit of Puka.

They're also bringing in two transfers for visits: Juwan Johnson from Penn State and Lawrence Cager from Miami. Both have shitty hands, so they're excellent candidates to be Oregon WRs.

Scholarship crunch now, even with the expected attrition.

Didn’t Juwan Johnson crush us in the Fiesta Bowl?
    It’s ok if Juwan Johnson crushed us in the Fiesta Bowl, as long as he doesn’t crush us next year.