Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,790
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

RDR said:
    So these kids we have never seen or heard of (if not a recruiting junkie) will spend one year at college where nobody watches anymore then be an anonymous top draft pick no one has seen and will sit on the bench to become a man so they can actually play in the NBA by the time they are even more long forgotten

Wonder what happened to college basketball?

Spare me the kids need to be paid - they are. But is it really in the best long term interest of either business? You either need to go to 2 or 3 years or 3 years with a straight out of high school option for the rare LeBron James or the Duke kid.

Kids get paid in college too and I am hearing that college is so valuable it needs to be free.
    Adam Silver has openly mentioned the idea of “commit to 2 years of college, 2 years of D League, or enter the draft right away” idea. Which I think will give kids all the best conceivable options.

Then it becomes up to the college coaches to convince the kids that the development/education they’ll get in college is worth more than D League minimum salary.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,790
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

They will be even less known in the D league

College builds a brand. I'll pay attention to Zion because he is dominating the college level this year.

Yup, you probably would get a better shoe deal with a company if you played college ball instead.

Fuck the D-League forever. NOGAF about that shit league.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

They will be even less known in the D league

College builds a brand. I'll pay attention to Zion because he is dominating the college level this year.

Yup, you probably would get a better shoe deal with a company if you played college ball instead.

Fuck the D-League forever. NOGAF about that shit league.
    If some people had their way college football would give way to a minor league that NOGAF about. Bus rides and high school fields with no Coach Feld to pump you up

If you go to a blue blood basketball school you can get an education if you want and you will get great facilities and coaching and have time to become a man.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,756

U

dhdawg said:

I know we make joke player comps on this board but in all seriousness he looks like a KD clone.

We already had that - Jernard Jerreau
    Lol Slim Boogie. I bought into that hype unfortunately. If he hadn’t gotten injured!!!!
    Joel Wolfinger will be the second best center in the Pac10 (after Spencer Hawes).

Scott Suggs is going to have an all conference senior year.

Jernard Jerreau is the next Kevin Durant.

Doogman hoops takes are somehow even worse than their football takes.
    With Paris Blackwell coming in next year, we are sure to make the tournament
    Nigel Williams Goss is a five star
    Yeah - except he ended up getting coached up and did ok at GU. He should have stayed another year but whatever....

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The only problem I have with the 2-3 year model is dudes blow up after 1 year (Chriss) and should have the right to make a million dollar paycheck.

Letting them jump straight out eliminates that number greatly because guys like Zion never show up. This will give more continuity to teams by default.

College basketball does suck now, NCAA to incompetent to fix it
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker