Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Troy Fautanu, 2019 4* OL, Henderson (Liberty), NV (COMMITTED: HOLY SHIT)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Our OL recruiting sucks ass. always has been. last years class was the best OL class we've had in years and it wasn't even THAT great.

That class will be surpassed by this one, which will be surpassed by 2020. Huff looks like he might fuck.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Offensive line is still a major issue on this team, much worse than WR. Who the fuck is playing tackle when Trey and Kaleb graduate? Jared Hilbers? redshirt freshman Matteo Mele (I think he'll be awesome, just don't want him starting in year 2), Bainivalu coming off a broken back, who probably fits better at G anyway? I'm very nervous. We have very little talent in the OL room.
    Henry Robert made some progress. Hopefully he has a Turpin like senior season. He is talented
    He is very talented. Maybe this is his year. IDK. I just do not at all feel good about the OL this season, especially the interior. Moving forward I'm nervous too. Huff appears to be able to recruit - if he reels in Beulow + another good one, I'll be happy with that and Kalepo.
    This year will be fine in my opinion, barring injury of course because of the depth issues. Harris moving from OG to C will help him. Wattenberg looked really solid last year and should step up. The RG spot is the biggest question mark but if Roberts can stick there we might be alright.
    Agree, this year we will be in good shape as long as we don't get destroyed by injuries.

Next year is the year to worry about.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Our OL recruiting sucks ass. always has been. last years class was the best OL class we've had in years and it wasn't even THAT great.

That class will be surpassed by this one, which will be surpassed by 2020. Huff looks like he might fuck.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Offensive line is still a major issue on this team, much worse than WR. Who the fuck is playing tackle when Trey and Kaleb graduate? Jared Hilbers? redshirt freshman Matteo Mele (I think he'll be awesome, just don't want him starting in year 2), Bainivalu coming off a broken back, who probably fits better at G anyway? I'm very nervous. We have very little talent in the OL room.
    Henry Robert made some progress. Hopefully he has a Turpin like senior season. He is talented
    He is very talented. Maybe this is his year. IDK. I just do not at all feel good about the OL this season, especially the interior. Moving forward I'm nervous too. Huff appears to be able to recruit - if he reels in Beulow + another good one, I'll be happy with that and Kalepo.
    This year will be fine in my opinion, barring injury of course because of the depth issues. Harris moving from OG to C will help him. Wattenberg looked really solid last year and should step up. The RG spot is the biggest question mark but if Roberts can stick there we might be alright.
    Agree, this year we will be in good shape as long as we don't get destroyed by injuries.

Yeah, it'll be interesting how it plays out in 2019. Either some young guys will step up on the outside, or we'll have to sacrifice some experience/continuity on the inside by moving someone like Wattenberg outside. They've shown they're willing to throw some guys into the fire outside. Mele isn't Adams, but we could have a similar career arc to someone like Kaleb McGary and get some playing time as a redshirt freshman.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Yeah, it'll be interesting how it plays out in 2019. Either some young guys will step up on the outside, or we'll have to sacrifice some experience/continuity on the inside by moving someone like Wattenberg outside. They've shown they're willing to throw some guys into the fire outside. Mele isn't Adams, but we could have a similar career arc to someone like Kaleb McGary and get some playing time as a redshirt freshman.
    Curios what you guys think of where Luciano fits into mitigating our depth issues. Is he just center/backup material with the lighter frame or do you think he will have a shot at more than that?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

No shit! Where were you three years ago when we were all complaining about Strausser's recruiting?

Something could have been done earlier to prevent this. But it wasn't. Nothing we can do at this point and it isn't relevant to our current OL recruiting since Huff is killing it. 2022 is gonna be a special time in the OL
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

Curios what you guys think of where Luciano fits into mitigating our depth issues. Is he just center/backup material with the lighter frame or do you think he will have a shot at more than that?
    Yeah, I assume him and Norgaard and whoever else will be battling it out for that Center spot in 2020.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    TheDozer said:

You do not know the panic that is getting out of a movie to see the Troy Fautanu thread you started has 40 FUCKING NOTIFICATIONS. Palms begin sweating, hairs stand up on your arms, heart starts beating. It was @dnc sayin Ngata committed to Clemson all over again.

Either he just committed, everyone is partying on the boreds, and I'm going to get crazy fucked up drinking tonight.... OR.... He just committed to someone else, the boreds are in a Chernobyl level meltdown, and I'm going to get crazy fucked up drinking tonight.

So I drop my pants, grab my ankles, and start reading.

Oh amazing! The family connection I poasted at the beginning of the month is paying off and Ta'amu is shouting out our boy Troy! And the next 39 poasts are from everyone pontificating the future of the OL position and the complete lack upper class depth.

It was neigher, but I'm still going to get crazy fucked up drinking tonight.

Oh, and....

Fuck all of you.

I’ll put money down that you were watching the Incredibles 2
    Solid bet, but unfortunately a bad beat.

I was watching Tag, which was a solid movie. Went in worrying that all the funny parts were in the trailers, but it held strong through the entirety of the movie.

I take Venmo and PayPal. We didn’t discuss prior, but I’m assuming we can agree on $10.95?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Getting 4 games free and still red shirt could really help answer some 2019 questions and mitigate potential disasters.

3 of the last 4 games are @Cal, Oregon St, and @Cuog. Ideally we blow the shit out of those teams early and get some free pt for some of these guys who need more time.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

In 2019 we? are going to have the following by class:

RS-SR
    Jared Hilbers (probably sucks)
    Henry Roberts (probably sucks)
    Dev Burleson (almost certainly sucks)

SR
    Harris (great against shits, shit against greats)

RS-JR
    Watty (looks like an All American)

Seriously what the fuck? Who ends up with this kind of crap? There are fucking 2 guys there in your upper classes that are solid starters. One may be a star in Watty. Roberts, who the fuck knows? So we have to hope and pray that some sophomore kids will be ready to be BIG TIME players. Which is FS.

Then we have a bunch of guys who have never played a down.

JR
    Corey Luciano

RS-SO
    Bainivalu
    Kirkland
    Norgy

RS-FR
    Ale
    Curne
    Mele

The whole fucking point should be to have 4 out of the 5 guys starting be RS-JRs or above and a fucking superstar coming from ranks below that.

I repeat: SO FAR UNDER PETE WE HAVE SIGNED MORE WRs THAN OLs!!!

What the fuck is this strategy?

Looks like everybody can tell the difference between Huff's recruiting vs Strausser's recruiting
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I love Buelow and I'm excited he's a big lean.

But I really don't want to forget about this kid. He's incredible, and I worry about USC for him. But Kalepo, Buelow, and Fautanu would make my heart explode.

I tried to make it through his film but couldn't last the whole time. This potential class protecting Yankoff in 3 years gives me major wood
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Before anyone gets too excited, his Twitter is all USC

Nansen never sleeps
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Fuck, I hate Nevada those bitches never come up to the PNW