Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jalen McMillan, 2020 4* WR, Fresno (San Joaquin), CA (COMMITTED!)

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

NEsnake12 said:

Sawyer has always been a fucking WR you autistic pieces of shit. He was recruited by the WR coach, says he wants to play WR, and his best film by FAR is at WR.

Jesus

The hope was that he plays LB because we didn’t want him taking a WR spot away from a guy like LVBS.

When one position is being recruited really well (WR), another not so well (LB), and you get a kid who can play both... you hope that he ends up playing at the position you’re struggling to fill with high end talent
    LB recruiting was fine last year and LBs are not really the problem in our system unless you consider buck/de LB

WR leaves a lot to be desired.
    It's almost like our past WR recruiting fucked us years down the line, because recruiting results don't bear fruit instantly.
    Evergreen reply to PGOS.
    Other position groups are perfoming better relative to rankings (like LBs)

Was referring to your analysis of Scott Huff and the OL as well as our WRs.
    Would you agree with this premise?

Obviously all else being equal you want more highly regarded recruits.

Some coaches are better coaches than they are recruiters, others the opposite.

Gregory is a hell of an LB coach any way you slice it
    . His recruiting isn't there yet, but he coaches cats up so well he still produces great talent.

Huff is a hell of a recruiter. It still TBD how he develops that talent.

Therefore, I am happier when we get a 3 star LB than a 3 star OL.

Does that make sense?

Kwat is weird because for all intents and purposes he remains our DC and is awesome at it. However BUCK aint up to par and neither is BUCK recruiting.
    Agree with everything except the Gregory stuff.
    How? Gregory coached up Azeem, Keishawn, BBK, Beavers always played solid, Wellington when not injured, etc...

Those are all 3 stars except for Wellington.

Now we have a bunch 4 stars and high 3 star guys like Tafisi and Sirmon and Tupatalu.

LBs are fine.

BUCK....
    He's gotta get credit for BBK...great work there. But Keishawn and Azeem both regressed their senior years. Azeem's regression probably had a lot to do with his own personal shit, butt still. Beavers was solid when he played but was hurt an awful lot (not gregory's fault). And Wellington will be a senior this year and really hasn't done anything yet. Based on this, he's certainly not a bad coach but I definitely wouldn't say he's been great either.
    Azeem was a fucking animal as a frosh and soph. Seems 100 percent personal demons got to him.

Keishawn did seem to regress a bit. He always seemed like Azeem's sidekick and I think didn't look as good because he was playing alongside a maturing BBK not a badass Azeem.

Beavers as a soph was not out of place in the CFP and was just as solid all around player when healthy.

Agree on Wellington.
    Agree with this. Sophomore Azeem was a fucking animal.
    He set the tone for the entire playoff run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJYM_M6xMK8
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It’s not clear if BBK is an exception or the rule. Very small sample size.

But if Gregory is such a great coach why do our special teams suck so hard?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sources said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

NEsnake12 said:

Sawyer has always been a fucking WR you autistic pieces of shit. He was recruited by the WR coach, says he wants to play WR, and his best film by FAR is at WR.

Jesus

The hope was that he plays LB because we didn’t want him taking a WR spot away from a guy like LVBS.

When one position is being recruited really well (WR), another not so well (LB), and you get a kid who can play both... you hope that he ends up playing at the position you’re struggling to fill with high end talent
    LB recruiting was fine last year and LBs are not really the problem in our system unless you consider buck/de LB

WR leaves a lot to be desired.
    It's almost like our past WR recruiting fucked us years down the line, because recruiting results don't bear fruit instantly.
    Evergreen reply to PGOS.
    Other position groups are perfoming better relative to rankings (like LBs)

Was referring to your analysis of Scott Huff and the OL as well as our WRs.
    Would you agree with this premise?

Obviously all else being equal you want more highly regarded recruits.

Some coaches are better coaches than they are recruiters, others the opposite.

Gregory is a hell of an LB coach any way you slice it
    . His recruiting isn't there yet, but he coaches cats up so well he still produces great talent.

Huff is a hell of a recruiter. It still TBD how he develops that talent.

Therefore, I am happier when we get a 3 star LB than a 3 star OL.

Does that make sense?

Kwat is weird because for all intents and purposes he remains our DC and is awesome at it. However BUCK aint up to par and neither is BUCK recruiting.
    Agree with everything except the Gregory stuff.
    How? Gregory coached up Azeem, Keishawn, BBK, Beavers always played solid, Wellington when not injured, etc...

Those are all 3 stars except for Wellington.

Now we have a bunch 4 stars and high 3 star guys like Tafisi and Sirmon and Tupatalu.

LBs are fine.

BUCK....
    He's gotta get credit for BBK...great work there. But Keishawn and Azeem both regressed their senior years. Azeem's regression probably had a lot to do with his own personal shit, butt still. Beavers was solid when he played but was hurt an awful lot (not gregory's fault). And Wellington will be a senior this year and really hasn't done anything yet. Based on this, he's certainly not a bad coach but I definitely wouldn't say he's been great either.
    Azeem was a fucking animal as a frosh and soph. Seems 100 percent personal demons got to him.

Keishawn did seem to regress a bit. He always seemed like Azeem's sidekick and I think didn't look as good because he was playing alongside a maturing BBK not a badass Azeem.

Beavers as a soph was not out of place in the CFP and was just as solid all around player when healthy.

Agree on Wellington.
    Agree with this. Sophomore Azeem was a fucking animal.
    He set the tone for the entire playoff run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJYM_M6xMK8

And then got injured and couldn't play in the playoff. Fuck.

That defense with Mathis and Azeem healthy was the best defense in CFB since 2015
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    GOAT said:

Jesus

You have a weird obsession with Sawyer. His best film is at linebacker.
    As a former 2A player myself I like seeing WA state 2A kids succeed at the D1 level.

I guess that is a "weird obsession"

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    From 247's "High School Studs Most Likely To Light It Up" article:

WR Jalen McMillan, Fresno (Calif.) San Joaquin Memorial

McMillan might be the only player on this list who was actually more productive as a sophomore than a junior. But that’s not a slight on his junior season, which more than stands alone. In 2018 the Washington commit tallied 1,401 receiving yards and 19 touchdowns on 74 catches in 15 games. As a sophomore he posted 1,810 yards and 21 touchdowns. Those two seasons make McMillan one of the more productive receivers in the 2020 cycle and a prime candidate for a huge senior campaign.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

FirePete said:

Jalen, has been pulling hard. But what kalepo did was just amazing. He tweeted every fucking prospect. Even DJ Johnson. I will forever <3 that kid for it</p>
    I respect what you're saying.

But Jalen is publicly reaching out to Sav'ell Smalls and trying to do work on the most important recruit and hometown hero (in addition to all the other doods he's been recruiting).

It just takes him up a notch in my humble opinion.
    Even more I would say.

Jalen reached out to Sa'vell, Sa'vell was at that kind of weird space where he was fresh from all that Oregon hype.

Sa'vell was like "dude, why are you recruiting me when you're not even on my friend's list?"

Even kayvon got into the act even though he's already at Oregon and not a recruitable athlete (stuck his nose where it shouldn't be) and made fun of Jalen about it ... Because he knows how important Sa'vell is to a program and more importantly, to keep Sa'vell away from Washington.

Jalen being an alpha like he is sucked it up and kept pushing forward and that had to make a good impression on Sa'vell.

It's one thing to get love from tbsers but to get love from a peer of Jalen's stature is quite another. That's what we owe to Jalen and guys like kalepo and garbers and Miki ah you etc .

They can influence and give love that we cannot no matter what because they are on that side of the fence while most of us drool from this side of the fence.
    Drool? Pretty sure it’s a different substance.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

FirePete said:

Jalen, has been pulling hard. But what kalepo did was just amazing. He tweeted every fucking prospect. Even DJ Johnson. I will forever <3 that kid for it</p>

But Jalen is publicly reaching out to Sav'ell Smalls and trying to do work on the most important recruit and hometown hero (in addition to all the other doods he's been recruiting).

Even more I would say.

Jalen reached out to Sa'vell, Sa'vell was at that kind of weird space where he was fresh from all that Oregon hype.

Sa'vell was like "dude, why are you recruiting me when you're not even on my friend's list?"

Even kayvon got into the act even though he's already at Oregon and not a recruitable athlete (stuck his nose where it shouldn't be) and made fun of Jalen about it ... Because he knows how important Sa'vell is to a program and more importantly, to keep Sa'vell away from Washington.

Jalen being an alpha like he is sucked it up and kept pushing forward and that had to make a good impression on Sa'vell.

It's one thing to get love from tbsers but to get love from a peer of Jalen's stature is quite another. That's what we owe to Jalen and guys like kalepo and garbers and Miki ah you etc .

They can influence and give love that we cannot no matter what because they are on that side of the fence while most of us drool from this side of the fence.
    This is a family forum. I gots to be careful
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

animate said:

FirePete said:

Even more I would say.

This is a family forum. I gots to be careful
    That’s true... my kids are lurking already.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    wtf?? and he committed to us? we gona go to jail with wat we do to the pac12