Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sawyer Racanelli 3* WR/LB 2020, Brush Prairie (Hockinson), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If Lake likes Racanelli as a Safety, that would really help make sense of this DB class. Gotta think we lose Bryant to graduation, maybe Gilchrist to grad transfer, and one of Molden/Taylor to the draft (Taylor more likely).
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

I think his size is legit. From the video I posted a couple weeks ago, him running through the hole he was clearly one of the bigger guys on the field. Super stoked. I think this kid has intangibles that maybe dont translate to film or numbers. Hope he commits soon, mostly because commitments are like a drug and I need a fix! Also because I think we can only take so many more white guys.

Gaaaaaard
    Garbers
    Redman
    Hatchet
    Raconelli

That's about the quota. Of course unless there are meaty badass linemen to be had.

Might need to make room for one more in Carson Bruener... knowing Gregory he'll need to take a white lb

I think his size is legit. From the video I posted a couple weeks ago, him running through the hole he was clearly one of the bigger guys on the field. Super stoked. I think this kid has intangibles that maybe dont translate to film or numbers. Hope he commits soon, mostly because commitments are like a drug and I need a fix! Also because I think we can only take so many more white guys.

Gaaaaaard
    Garbers
    Redman
    Hatchet
    Raconelli

That's about the quota. Of course unless there are meaty badass linemen to be had.

Might need to make room for one more in Carson Bruener... knowing Gregory he'll need to take a white lb
    I don't think Bruener will get an offer at this point. I feel like Gregory's white LB will end up being Nick Herbig.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

If Lake likes Racanelli as a Safety, that would really help make sense of this DB class. Gotta think we lose Bryant to graduation, maybe Gilchrist to grad transfer, and one of Molden/Taylor to the draft (Taylor more likely).

More likely a SAM. Says Gregory and Lake want him on defense.
    Domicillo said:

I wonder how many LBs we're going to end up taking, because it seems like we're at or near the top for a bunch of them.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Domicillo said:

I wonder how many LBs we're going to end up taking, because it seems like we're at or near the top for a bunch of them.
    Herbig, Bruener, Racanelli. The Gregory special.
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

You don't think we get Botelho? Even if we only get 2 of Botelho/Herbig/Racanelli, we still likely won't offer Bruener. Especially with Fowler/Olofoshio in the mix.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

No matter how much any of you might hate white receivers this kid just said he prefers playing receiver so if he comes here he's most likely playing receiver. Lake can fight for him all he wants but Petersen lets the kids pick what position they play because if a kid is unhappy about his position, chances are he's not going to be successful here. He might switch sides later in his career if WR doesn't work out, but he's most likely a WR for us in this class and to start his career at UW. I like him. He's good. Jordy Nelson kinda guy. Anybody who doesn't like him as a WR is being prejudiced against him because he's white and comes from a small school and that's just keeping it real. He's a big bodied receiver with adequate speed to run the full route tree and he's obviously physical and tough given his LB background. Adams did pretty good with Cooper Kupp and this kid is a much higher level recruit than Kupp was coming out of high school.

I don't really think it's that cut and dry with him. UCLA wants him on defense, Cal wants him on defense,Michigan wants him on defense etc. I'm sure WSU wants him at WR, but would he pick WSU solely for that reason?

Taimani's preference was actually offensive line at first, I'm sure if we recruited him as such he would've ended up there. There's a good chance he'll end up on Defense here. However I do think he'd also be a really good WR, so I wouldn't be upset by that, but it's not set in stone by any means.

Taimiani's recruitment was different though. The Poly connection is what got him to commit to UW and that Poly connection was on defense. UW was also upfront with him from the very beginning and told him they wanted him as a D-lineman. In this case, UW is unsure and both Adams and Lake/Gregory want him on their side. This is more like the Alex Cook recruitment. Jimmy wanted Cook on defense but Cook wanted to play receiver so he played receiver. Sawyer said "if given the choice I would play receiver." Petersen typically gives guys a shot to play where they want to play. So it makes more sense to consider him a WR recruit until we're told otherwise instead of assuming he's a LB recruit just because he's white.

No matter how much any of you might hate white receivers this kid just said he prefers playing receiver so if he comes here he's most likely playing receiver. Lake can fight for him all he wants but Petersen lets the kids pick what position they play because if a kid is unhappy about his position, chances are he's not going to be successful here. He might switch sides later in his career if WR doesn't work out, but he's most likely a WR for us in this class and to start his career at UW. I like him. He's good. Jordy Nelson kinda guy. Anybody who doesn't like him as a WR is being prejudiced against him because he's white and comes from a small school and that's just keeping it real. He's a big bodied receiver with adequate speed to run the full route tree and he's obviously physical and tough given his LB background. Adams did pretty good with Cooper Kupp and this kid is a much higher level recruit than Kupp was coming out of high school.

You made good points, and I upvoted them. Make more posts like these.
    Uh, no. Don’t encourage the shitpoaster to shitpoast.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

You don't think we get Botelho? Even if we only get 2 of Botelho/Herbig/Racanelli, we still likely won't offer Bruener. Especially with Fowler/Olofoshio in the mix.
    Agreed, if we’re taking bruener (though I want him) I think it’s because we wiffed on more of our higher targets.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ballz, you accuse those of us who don't think he's as good at receiver as some other prospects of racial bias, yet you are the one fixated on his skin color. All you do is compare him to other white guys.

I think he's good. I don't think he's fast enough to be a high level receiver as we need to find more 4.4 receivers, but he's definitely big, talented, and uncommonly athletic for his size. He's a good offer. I just think he's more of a BTE or defensive candidate than WR.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Ballz, you accuse those of us who don't think he's as good at receiver as some other prospects of racial bias, yet you are the one fixated on his skin color. All you do is compare him to other white guys.

I think he's good. I don't think he's fast enough to be a high level receiver as we need to find more 4.4 receivers, but he's definitely big, talented, and uncommonly athletic for his size. He's a good offer. I just think he's more of a BTE or defensive candidate than WR.
    I wonder how many 6'3 white WR have been referred to as a "Jordy Nelson kinda guy".
    Hopefully they'll soon be called Austin Osborne kinda guys.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I prefer my white receivers to be Ed McCaffrey types.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Julian Edelman? Wes welker?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Uhhh highly doubt Taylor or Molden are declaring after this season.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019

Julian Edelman? Wes welker?

Those comps are reserved for the likes of Fuller and Baccellia.