Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Daniyel Ngata , 4* 2020 RB, Folsom, CA - arrived via portal

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

Nurple said:

Truly curious if the Nagtas split up or if parents want them together.

No way to know, but if Joe comes to UW, I would find it really hard to see Daniyel going elsewhere. Ariel, Kaho, Joe...that's a lot of pull. Plus the Dawgs should be ridiculously good (and will have a couple more 10+ win seasons in the books) by the time LOI day rolls around for 2020 guys.
    Luke Huard says hi.

Third kids can have a mind of their own.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Meek said:

Speaking of Joe.....what is the feeling on him?

Clemson has been trending and they feel really good about him. Coach flew out to visit a few days ago.

I think he's going to be really tempted by the big boys, especially Clemson, but as AIRWOLF said.... You have your older brother, close family friend, Lubick, Hamdan, Coach Pete personally keeping tabs on him. At the end of the day that is a lot of pull to stay on the West Coast with your family and friends.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

Nurple said:

No way to know, but if Joe comes to UW, I would find it really hard to see Daniyel going elsewhere. Ariel, Kaho, Joe...that's a lot of pull. Plus the Dawgs should be ridiculously good (and will have a couple more 10+ win seasons in the books) by the time LOI day rolls around for 2020 guys.
    Luke Huard says hi.

True. But how did Luke do?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    animate said:

dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

Nurple said:

Luke Huard says hi.

True. But how did Luke do?
    Still better than Damon.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Losing Joseph Ngata would be devastating. Clemson is going hard on him. I think he is leaning there for sure.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Losing Joseph Ngata would be devastating. Clemson is going hard on him. I think he is leaning there for sure.

Lubick needs to get that shit done. Bush laid the groundwork for him last year with Osborne and Spiker. They might need to double-team this one
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Who REALLY wants to live in Clemson, South Carolina???
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Tequilla said:

Who REALLY wants to live in Clemson, South Carolina???
    Dabo and his $6.75 million per year definitely loves living there.

But I sure as fuck wouldn't.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:
    I can't wait for this kid to be on campus as a freshman.
    I know this is the recruiting bored, but this kid isn’t seeing the field in a meaningful way for at least three years. I give a fuck about those three seasons a lot more than a teen boi. I didn’t even have to take a walk on the beach for perspective.

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:
    I know this is the recruiting bored, but this kid isn’t seeing the field in a meaningful way for at least three years. I give a fuck about those three seasons a lot more than a teen boi. I didn’t even have to take a walk on the beach for perspective.
    Here's the thing ... I don't necessarily disagree with your feeling about caring about what happens on the field more. As a fan, that's probably what you should CARE about.

But if you are in the business of THINKING about the future of the program, the foundation for what those seasons looks like starts with the TBS angle today.

This is the fundamental difference between college sports and professional sports.

Player "acquisition" in professional sports largely takes place once per year, is organized in how those players are distributed, and there's a relatively defined period and process for scouting and evaluation. On the other hand, in college sports it is far less organized, is constant, nad heavily relies upon scouting, evaluation, and relationship building.

If I'm the CEO of the program like Pete is, I'm probabaly spending about half of my time and resources tied into TBS'ing and securing the next generation of talent. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi can probably answer this better than I do, but I would have a significant number of dedicated staff scouring tape/film, organizing communication, etc. to put my coaches in a position to be successful. Having regular meetings and strategy sessions becomes paramount on a weekly basis.

It's one thing to be in-season focused largely DURING the season but there's about 8 months of the year where being TBS focused is incredibly important for the foundation and overall health of the program.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Can’t really blame Joe. We’ve put Johnnie Ross in the league who caught 2 passes last year w/ Nati and Pettis in the second this year. That’s it for WR (thanks Pease!)

In the last 5 years Clemson has put in Nuk Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant & Mike Williams. They put guys in the league.

It is pretty rare to see a west coast kid go to an ACC school though. Clemson is a joke academically where we have the edge along with family and friends. Dabo has clearly made an impression though and they’re the leader for sure.

Joe and Eason needs to happen though !!
    pat_hm said:

Can’t really blame Joe. We’ve put Johnnie Ross in the league who caught 2 passes last year w/ Nati and Pettis in the second this year. That’s it for WR (thanks Pease!)

In the last 5 years Clemson has put in Nuk Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant & Mike Williams. They put guys in the league.

It is pretty rare to see a west coast kid go to an ACC school though. Clemson is a joke academically where we have the edge along with family and friends. Dabo has clearly made an impression though and they’re the leader for sure.

The bolded really made me laugh ... inside joke kind of reasons
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    pat_hm said:

Ross caught all of zero passes last year.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Never underestimate our folsom pipeline. You can get this on the east coast.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

pat_hm said:

The bolded really made me laugh ... inside joke kind of reasons
    It’s no TCU...
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

Nurple said:

Luke Huard says hi.

Nobody really wanted another Huard around.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hes going to UW. CuntWaffle lock.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:
    Here's the thing ... I don't necessarily disagree with your feeling about caring about what happens on the field more. As a fan, that's probably what you should CARE about.

But if you are in the business of THINKING about the future of the program, the foundation for what those seasons looks like starts with the TBS angle today.

This is the fundamental difference between college sports and professional sports.

Player "acquisition" in professional sports largely takes place once per year, is organized in how those players are distributed, and there's a relatively defined period and process for scouting and evaluation. On the other hand, in college sports it is far less organized, is constant, nad heavily relies upon scouting, evaluation, and relationship building.

If I'm the CEO of the program like Pete is, I'm probabaly spending about half of my time and resources tied into TBS'ing and securing the next generation of talent. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi can probably answer this better than I do, but I would have a significant number of dedicated staff scouring tape/film, organizing communication, etc. to put my coaches in a position to be successful. Having regular meetings and strategy sessions becomes paramount on a weekly basis.

It's one thing to be in-season focused largely DURING the season but there's about 8 months of the year where being TBS focused is incredibly important for the foundation and overall health of the program.