Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bralen Trice, 3* 2019 BUCK, Glendale (O'Connor) AZ, (SUCK IT DOMERS!! BOW TO KWAT!!)

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

AZDuck said:

Wait, you guys don’t want Taunu’u now?

WTFLOLercopter

UW stopped recruiting him a long time ago.
    Hahahahahahaha

You deserve a sympathy chin
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

WTFLOLercopter

No doubt this is a significant win on the recruiting trail against USC and other big time programs. But like we like to say here at HH, it ain't over 'til they become grad transfers
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

AZDuck said:

WTFLOLercopter

You just gotta let Ballz be Ballz man.

Criddell, Delgado, Pittman, and Dollars I agree UW DWTA but Jonah T. absolutely had a committable offer. That kid is a beast and is easily one of the best OL recruits on the west coast. Initially UW was recruiting pretty him hard and he would have been a great addition to the OL class but just not sure he ever really had that much interest or connection with UW other than being cousins with Kaelpo.

No doubt this is a significant win on the recruiting trail against USC and other big time programs. But like we like to say here at HH, it ain't over 'til they commit, sign the LOI, move to Seattle, enroll in classes.
    Agree except Cridell
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2018

AZDuck said:

WTFLOLercopter

Hahahahahahaha

We heaven't heard shit about that kid since he was offered. Nothing. Even though UW doesn't offer a lot of guys they still offer way more than they can take and stop recruiting certain guys after figuring out who's the best fit for them. Jonah is Kalepo's cousin and Kalepo is the biggest peer recruiter we've ever had. If UW was after him we would have heard about it and they would have tried to use that family connection to their advantage but they didn't. Not saying the kid sucks. He looks talented no doubt but was not a top target for UW. That's not a win over UW that Oregon can claim. That is a USC, Oregon, Oklahoma battle. Beat UW for Enokk Vimahi or one of their other top targets and then you can talk shit. Still hasn't happened yet and UW easily flipped one of Oregon's former commits.
  • Options
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

WTFLOLercopter

You just gotta let Ballz be Ballz man.

Criddell, Delgado, Pittman, and Dollars I agree UW DWTA but Jonah T. absolutely had a committable offer. That kid is a beast and is easily one of the best OL recruits on the west coast. Initially UW was recruiting pretty him hard and he would have been a great addition to the OL class but just not sure he ever really had that much interest or connection with UW other than being cousins with Kaelpo.

No doubt this is a significant win on the recruiting trail against USC and other big time programs. But like we like to say here at HH, it ain't over 'til they commit, sign the LOI, move to Seattle, enroll in classes.
    Agree except Cridell
    He's too slow and doesn't have good enough ball skills. WDWHA.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Yeah this is what happens when there is no UW insider making crystal ball picks. Wiltfong isn't fucking god. He's accurate because he stays on top of his picks and changes them at the last minute when he's wrong whereas others are more lazy and don't. UW doesn't get crystal picks unless it's blatantly obvious they're the leader or a commitment to UW is imminent. This kid is UW's if they want him. Trust me. The question is would they take both him and Latu? ;)

You realize that 7 of Oregon's commits so far had UW offers, right? That's almost 10% of Washington's total offers. Washington doesn't have 7 players with Oregon offers, and Cristobal has sent about 300 of them. Are you saying none of them so far were commitable?

I hate to break it to you, but there are actually players out there that will choose Oregon even if Washington wants them. Simple fact.

You stole a few of our commits in the years since Kelly left, now Cristobal is doing the same. Cristobal might not be a good coach or at best he's LIPO. But to understate the recruiting job he has done so far is retarded. You have to be the doogliest of doogs to not see that Cristobal is doing work on the recruiting trail. That's only 1/3 of the job along with player development and in game coaching, but it's an A at worst for the first third. Nobody other than you will disagree with me on this. You can say it's overrated, but to be 2nd in the country behind only Alabama (according to Rivals), even being overrated, this class is fucking good if not great so far.
    Cristoballz is killing it. It's obvious. I have no idea how many of these are Sark 4 star types with hardly any high end offers, but it is still good by any measure.

Now, I have my doubts about how this cat can manage a program, but LIPO I guess. I smell Sark on this one, but I am wrong all the time. I thought Lockner was going to win the Heisman.
    Good enough recruiting for now but it's August. We literally went through this last year and the quooks cant remember. Let's see how the recruiting class looks when they have only seven wins and the blue bloods come calling in December.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

WTFLOLercopter

Hahahahahahaha

We heaven't heard shit about that kid since he was offered. Nothing. Even though UW doesn't offer a lot of guys they still offer way more than they can take and stop recruiting certain guys after figuring out who's the best fit for them. Jonah is Kalepo's cousin and Kalepo is the biggest peer recruiter we've ever had. If UW was after him we would have heard about it and they would have tried to use that family connection to their advantage but they didn't. Not saying the kid sucks. He looks talented no doubt but was not a top target for UW. That's not a win over UW that Oregon can claim. That is a USC, Oregon, Oklahoma battle. Beat UW for Enokk Vimahi or one of their other top targets and then you can talk shit. Still hasn't happened yet and UW easily flipped one of Oregon's former commits.
    So if UW is interested in a kid, that kid shows no return interest, UW stops recruiting him, and he commits to Oregon.

Is that not a win over UW in your mind?
    Nope. I don't know how interested he was in UW. It's possible UW was honest with him from the beginning and told him he's not a LT prospect and he didn't like that whereas Oregon lied to him and said they like him at LT. It's possible he just wasn't the right fit and they like other guys more. Only he and the coaches know how interested he was in UW but what I do know is UW hasn't been recruiting him for months. So no, it's not a direct win over UW for Oregon. When Kayvon Thibodeaux commits to wherever the fuck he commits, the school that he commits to won't be beating UW for his commitment. Yes, UW offered but they stopped recruiting him a long time ago. When Austin Jones committed to Stanford was that a loss for UW? No. UW has offered 80 recruits. When about 60 of them commit elsewhere are those all losses? No. UW has their top targets within those 80 guys. Jonah T was not one of them.

• Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

WTFLOLercopter

Who da fuq is Jonah Taunu’u.....can he kick?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

WTFLOLercopter

Who da fuq is Jonah Taunu’u.....can he kick?
    They haven't decided if he'll play CB or slot receiver yet, but either way he should be in the mix immediately for kick return duties.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

AZDuck said:

WTFLOLercopter

Hahahahahahaha

So if UW is interested in a kid, that kid shows no return interest, UW stops recruiting him, and he commits to Oregon.

Is that not a win over UW in your mind?
    Nope. I don't know how interested he was in UW. It's possible UW was honest with him from the beginning and told him he's not a LT prospect and he didn't like that whereas Oregon lied to him and said they like him at LT. It's possible he just wasn't the right fit and they like other guys more. Only he and the coaches know how interested he was in UW but what I do know is UW hasn't been recruiting him for months. So no, it's not a direct win over UW for Oregon. When Kayvon Thibodeaux commits to wherever the fuck he commits, the school that he commits to won't be beating UW for his commitment. Yes, UW offered but they stopped recruiting him a long time ago. When Austin Jones committed to Stanford was that a loss for UW? No. UW has offered 80 recruits. When about 60 of them commit elsewhere are those all losses? No. UW has their top targets within those 80 guys. Jonah T was not one of them.

You're missing the main point- WHY did UW stop recruiting a kid?

1. Because after further evaluation and diligence they decided he wasn't a good fit or had other guys higher on their board?
    or
    2. UW swung and missed and then gave up after obviously not being on kid's short list.

You seem to think scenario two NEVER happens.
    Scenario #1 is a lot more likely at this point. Five years ago. Sure, scenario #2 would be possible if not likely. But a kid not being interested in UW at all and loving Oregon. Nobody is that stupid.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Swaye said:

Yeah this is what happens when there is no UW insider making crystal ball picks. Wiltfong isn't fucking god. He's accurate because he stays on top of his picks and changes them at the last minute when he's wrong whereas others are more lazy and don't. UW doesn't get crystal picks unless it's blatantly obvious they're the leader or a commitment to UW is imminent. This kid is UW's if they want him. Trust me. The question is would they take both him and Latu? ;)

You realize that 7 of Oregon's commits so far had UW offers, right? That's almost 10% of Washington's total offers. Washington doesn't have 7 players with Oregon offers, and Cristobal has sent about 300 of them. Are you saying none of them so far were commitable?

I hate to break it to you, but there are actually players out there that will choose Oregon even if Washington wants them. Simple fact.

You stole a few of our commits in the years since Kelly left, now Cristobal is doing the same. Cristobal might not be a good coach or at best he's LIPO. But to understate the recruiting job he has done so far is retarded. You have to be the doogliest of doogs to not see that Cristobal is doing work on the recruiting trail. That's only 1/3 of the job along with player development and in game coaching, but it's an A at worst for the first third. Nobody other than you will disagree with me on this. You can say it's overrated, but to be 2nd in the country behind only Alabama (according to Rivals), even being overrated, this class is fucking good if not great so far.
    Cristoballz is killing it. It's obvious. I have no idea how many of these are Sark 4 star types with hardly any high end offers, but it is still good by any measure.

Now, I have my doubts about how this cat can manage a program, but LIPO I guess. I smell Sark on this one, but I am wrong all the time. I thought Lockner was going to win the Heisman.
    Sark's recruiting classes at UW would've looked a lot better if he wasn't allergic to recruiting offensive linemen.
    That’s the difference. Cristobal is actually recruiting beef that can play.
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Swaye said:

Sark's recruiting classes at UW would've looked a lot better if he wasn't allergic to recruiting offensive linemen.
    That’s the difference. Cristobal is actually recruiting beef that can play #FillTheSleeves and weigh an avg. of 332lbs across the board.