Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It cant be understated how big the Auburn game is

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
Win this game and nationally the program gets some respect. Travelling 3,000 miles to beat an SEC team that is usually decent is not easy, just like it wouldnt be easy for most teams for travel to the West Coast vs a Pac team. And the SEC has been so much better than the Pac lately its fucking disgusting.

UW needs this win. West Coast football needs this win. Yeah Oregon couldn't seal the deal in the natty, but they at least got some hardware and beat some decent OOC teams.

Honestly UW hasnt done shit but beat two not that great Pac teams. I guess they only sorta played Bama close and sorta played PSU close. Lucky to not lose both games by more. Furd last year was meh and Colorado sucked dick. UW lost to fucking USC coached by Helton...at home. UW scored 7 fucking points at ASU. How that is possible with this roster I don't know.

Oh wait, I do. Smith played hero ball with Browning while Pete enabled it. And Browning waited until 4 min left in the 4th to do anything.

I swear to fucking god PGOS at OC scores at least 3 tds by handing the ball off to our 3 great RBs. Gaskin shouldve carried the ball 50% of plays, Coleman 20%, Ahmed 10%, and I guess 20% of the time Browning can do a play action or screen. What the fuck even happened to Coleman last year? The dude was legit in 2016.

Anyways this is entering TL,DR TequilaFS territory, but UW needs to win or no one will take this team seriously until bowl season, if then. And frankly no one should.

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I just made this thread but I agree whole-heartedly. Even if Auburn goes like 9-4 perception is everything.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    this game is only big because the last 3 big games there thuds, USC, Bama, and PSU

lose this game and UW wont be taken seriously for a while, not matter what we do to the pac-12
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Gladstone said:

I just made this thread but I agree whole-heartedly. Even if Auburn goes like 9-4 perception is everything.

things are getting catty over at Hardcore Husky
    Look at what you have created Derek.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    The OL should be fucking better next year with Harris moving to center. That is our only hope, if downsox has to save us we are fucked.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Nick Harris is only a decent OL if we are running.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423

Nick Harris is only a decent OL if we are running.

Well I guess the hope is he'll be better at center where he'll rarely have to pass block one on one. And hopefully he'll add even more weight this season and play center at 300 lbs rather than guard at 285.

The problem is then we'll also have to hope that Twattenberg is a better pass blocker at guard than he was at tackle. Of course he also came in undersized so another year should help him.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam

We are going to get destroyed.

It will probably be like the Bama, USC and Penn State games: it will sort of look close at the end, but no one who will watch the game will leave thinking we ever really had a shot.

We got completely destroyed by Penn State. The score was a LOT closer than that game was. If they’d have been playing hard all game we lose by 30.

TSIO

Auburn barely returns any starters and UW returns almost everyone so getting beat badly is inexcusable
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam

We are going to get destroyed.

It will probably be like the Bama, USC and Penn State games: it will sort of look close at the end, but no one who will watch the game will leave thinking we ever really had a shot.

We got completely destroyed by Penn State. The score was a LOT closer than that game was. If they’d have been playing hard all game we lose by 30.

TSIO

Auburn barely returns any starters and UW returns almost everyone so getting beat badly is inexcusable
    Auburn's QB:

Our QB:

Browning can make those throws in Spring Games and against FCS teams too
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    The crappy thing about this game is that I prefer the board when you guys lose but since you are not in the south I might root for you.

• phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    The most embarrassing thing about this is that UW is going to be treated like a scrappy bunch of hard working okgs traveling to play big boy football

And they are going to get beat down like the scrappy bunch of fair skinned gym rats they are
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    What if we lose by 3-7 to Auburn and then win the conference with 1 conference loss?

Then we’re bubbling between #4-5 for the playoffs because only 1-2 teams in the country have 1 loss, everyone else 2+?

Then browning and Eason get caught with a bunch of blow and a dead hooker in browning’s dorm the night before Selection Sunday?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,799 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think you meant overstated. Even though I disagree.
    TheHB said:

I think you meant overstated. Even though I disagree.

lmfao. this.