Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Apu Ika, 2019 5* DT, Salt Lake Shitty (East), UT (Offered)

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Taki, Tuli, Ika, Tui, and Paama before every game would have to run on the field shirtless like they did against Colorado.

Can we get a system where we just call them Poly 1, Poly 2, Poly 3, etc.? No fucking way I keep this shit straight otherwise.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The only people who think Taki is playing offense are the unimaginative fucks on dawgman who lack the cognitive force necessary to see a guy with film on OL and think about him playing DL.

Wasn't Taki the one that said he preferred playing offense?

Or was it someone else?

In any case, people are just trying to find a way to have all these guys on the field... Just some. Natural doogin around these parts...
  • animate said:

The only people who think Taki is playing offense are the unimaginative fucks on dawgman who lack the cognitive force necessary to see a guy with film on OL and think about him playing DL.

Or was it someone else?

In any case, people are just trying to find a way to have all these guys on the field... Just some. Natural doogin around these parts...
    Paama preferred playing OG.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    elord821 said:

animate said:

Or was it someone else?

Paama preferred playing OG.
    Yeah, sure. Telll him he can be nfl player on DL or just a college player on the OL. That tune will fucking change
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    how about we just hand the ball to him on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th downs against Notre Dame in 2009.
    I am still holding out hope Gaye man will come back to us.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I am still holding out hope Gaye man will come back to us.

Not a chance. Pleased to bees provings I wrong.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Taki, Tuli, Ika, Tui, and Paama before every game would have to run on the field shirtless like they did against Colorado.

Can we get a system where we just call them Poly 1, Poly 2, Poly 3, etc.? No fucking way I keep this shit straight otherwise.
    1 little, 2 little, 3 little...
  • I don’t get why anyone would think it’s hard for these guys to all see the field. The hallmark of our defense is unprecedented rotation.

We rotate at least 6 guys heavily and I believe if we had 8 good ones we’d rotate them.

That’s the reason we have 3 stud DTs this year and we are all uneasy. Because we know we need 5-6.

Our 2016 rotated Qualls, Gaines, Vea and Jaylen regularly. And Turpin and other saw the field regularly against high quality opponents.

Let’s go Doog crazy and assume we get 2 big time DTs this year and Ngalu (who I think is good, but not “huge time” and let’s just say it’s Ika, Wright and Ngalu)...

Because Tuli is almost certainly going to play this year, in a few years we will have a spread of:

RS-SR Levi
    JR Tuli
    RS-SO Taki, Draco, Mosiah
    SO Ika
    RS-FR Wright, Ngalu

This isn’t a log jam at all. All of them would play. And the RS-Frosh would play the right amount for them.

People forget the prior to last year we’d signed 1 DT (Levi) in 2 years. So our numbers were awful. If we’d had 2 kids in both those classes there’d be a log jam, but we didn’t and there’s not.

Do you think it's a toss between Ika and Tuitele, regarding who commits?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    elord821 said:

I don’t get why anyone would think it’s hard for these guys to all see the field. The hallmark of our defense is unprecedented rotation.

We rotate at least 6 guys heavily and I believe if we had 8 good ones we’d rotate them.

That’s the reason we have 3 stud DTs this year and we are all uneasy. Because we know we need 5-6.

Our 2016 rotated Qualls, Gaines, Vea and Jaylen regularly. And Turpin and other saw the field regularly against high quality opponents.

Let’s go Doog crazy and assume we get 2 big time DTs this year and Ngalu (who I think is good, but not “huge time” and let’s just say it’s Ika, Wright and Ngalu)...

Because Tuli is almost certainly going to play this year, in a few years we will have a spread of:

RS-SR Levi
    JR Tuli
    SO Ika
    RS-FR Wright, Ngalu

This isn’t a log jam at all. All of them would play. And the RS-Frosh would play the right amount for them.

People forget the prior to last year we’d signed 1 DT (Levi) in 2 years. So our numbers were awful. If we’d had 2 kids in both those classes there’d be a log jam, but we didn’t and there’s not.

Ika is a Nose, Tuitele is a DT.

Right now I think our options at nose are Ika and Pa'ama (my guess is we'd wait on Ika to decide to determine where Pa'ama plays).

At DT we have Tuitele, Wright, Ngalu...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2018

elord821 said:

I don’t get why anyone would think it’s hard for these guys to all see the field. The hallmark of our defense is unprecedented rotation.

RS-SR Levi
    JR Tuli
    SO Ika
    RS-FR Wright, Ngalu

Right now I think our options at nose are Ika and Pa'ama (my guess is we'd wait on Ika to decide to determine where Pa'ama plays).

I hope you're right. That would make the best D-line in the nation in the near future.
    elord821 said:

elord821 said:

RS-SR Levi
    JR Tuli
    SO Ika
    RS-FR Wright, Ngalu

I hope you're right. That would make the best D-line in the nation in the near future.
    You clearly forgetting what is happening in Tuscaloosa or Georgia
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If we get Wright, Ika, Tuliete and manage to keep Paama I will streak across U blv.

Pics?
  • elord821 said:

elord821 said:

RS-SR Levi
    JR Tuli
    SO Ika
    RS-FR Wright, Ngalu

Concerning NG/DT prospects in 2018 and 2019, make the comparison between UW, Bama, and Georgia if we were to score Tuitele and Ika (not to mention adding Wright). Additionally, we're better than anyone when it comes to getting the most out of the talent we bring in on the defensive side. Look at the evidence. We were first in the nation last year against the run. I remember Bama and Georgia. Their games were the only ones to watch the last two weeks of the season.
    elord821 said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

RS-SR Levi
    JR Tuli
    SO Ika
    RS-FR Wright, Ngalu

Concerning NG/DT prospects in 2018 and 2019, make the comparison between UW, Bama, and Georgia if we were to score Tuitele and Ika (not to mention adding Wright). Additionally, we're better than anyone when it comes to getting the most out of the talent we bring in on the defensive side. Look at the evidence. We were first in the nation last year against the run. I remember Bama and Georgia. Their games were the only ones to watch the last two weeks of the season.
    You forget those 2 teams play in a real conference. Last I remember tree ran pretty well against us
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

RS-SR Levi
    JR Tuli
    SO Ika
    RS-FR Wright, Ngalu

You forget those 2 teams play in a real conference. Last I remember tree ran pretty well against us
    Thanks BBK!

Vea and Gaines destroyed their interior OL. Vita's tape from the Furd game is insane. But our LBer play in that game was atrocious.