Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Canzano: Oregon needs new focus to ever catch Washington

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

This article is a fucking joke. You need two things to catch anyone in football: Talent and coaching.

Peterman is in year four. Say what you want about Sark, but that drunkard could recruit. Pete came in with talent on the roster and is a good coach. Sark was a better recruiter, Pete is a better coach. Those things both work out to a 9 win program, which is not bad in any way.

Slingblade was a pussy who couldn't do either. Campbell and Greatwood kept up their coaching and recruiting after Chip left because they are just great coaches. Everyone else went into retirement mode. Outside of running back, the O-line, and one QB that grew up across the street the Ducks had a shitty roster. The rumblings were there were six guys in the team when Willie took over that could bench 225lbs. That's fucking mind blowing but not surprising with Sling being a pussy and Radcliff valuing stretching over lifting.

Willie is bringing in talent regardless of his coaching ability. He will get Oregon to a 9 win program by his fourth year regardless of anything else. If he bails for a job in the south after that point the next guy will have a roster to work with.

UW's head coach left for USC. That means UW's program wasn't in a bad place. Oregon fired their head coach because he let the train run off the tracks. If Herbert plays this article doesn't get written and it's year one of getting it back together.

LIPO.

Makes sense that your all-world players left over from the Chip era couldn't bench 225, including the linemen you were pimping out so ever hard. But keep changing that narrative!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

This article is a fucking joke. You need two things to catch anyone in football: Talent and coaching.

Peterman is in year four. Say what you want about Sark, but that drunkard could recruit. Pete came in with talent on the roster and is a good coach. Sark was a better recruiter, Pete is a better coach. Those things both work out to a 9 win program, which is not bad in any way.

Slingblade was a pussy who couldn't do either. Campbell and Greatwood kept up their coaching and recruiting after Chip left because they are just great coaches. Everyone else went into retirement mode. Outside of running back, the O-line, and one QB that grew up across the street the Ducks had a shitty roster. The rumblings were there were six guys in the team when Willie took over that could bench 225lbs. That's fucking mind blowing but not surprising with Sling being a pussy and Radcliff valuing stretching over lifting.

Willie is bringing in talent regardless of his coaching ability. He will get Oregon to a 9 win program by his fourth year regardless of anything else. If he bails for a job in the south after that point the next guy will have a roster to work with.

UW's head coach left for USC. That means UW's program wasn't in a bad place. Oregon fired their head coach because he let the train run off the tracks. If Herbert plays this article doesn't get written and it's year one of getting it back together.

LIPO.

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/42101/willie-taggart/p1
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Swaye said:

Also thinks we are nothing speshial:

"Not convinced that Washington is that great. They're really good on defense. Smothering. Hard hitting. All that. But offensively, they're inferior to the real contenders. There's just not the same "pop" as last season for UW. They're about the No. 8-10 best team in the country, I think. No shame there, but a one-loss Washington team doesn't belong unless there's total chaos in front of them. The Pac 12 is weak."

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2017/11/canzano_going_a-z_on_oregons_p.html#incart_2box_sports_oregonian_john_canzano

I don't think his hot take is bad at all. I'd put us 8-10 myself right now, because I simply don't know which offense will show up, and even the best version is nowhere near ELITE. Defense, well, fuck the stats, you can look at it and know it is a top 3 national D regardless of conference. Can play with anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Offense, at best, firing on all cylinders is a Number 10 type O...just not enough playmakers, and without Black Beast and Adams, even being 10 might be generous. On it's worst day, when Downsox is shitting all over himself, it's not even top 25.

Kicking game is top 5 on returns, bottom 5 in all of CFB on FG's.

8-10, overall, is where I'd have us right now, BUT, the test is the next three weeks. If we can add some wrinkles to get the O on track and consistent, then top 5 overall no problem. That's a big ask though with Smiff and Downsox. Tick tick tick...lulz
    I agree @Swaye . I'd go so far as to say when firing on all cylinders we may not even be a legit top 20 offense. But fuck a really good defense goes a long way.
    Haha,

San Antonio is a long way?

• Options

You can't expect Taggs to take over the year after a play off trip and have anything to work with

He took over the year after Oregon won four games.

Other than that, unbelievable poast. Really dialed in.
  • Options
    Sources said:

Mosster47 said:

LIPO.

Makes sense that your all-world players left over from the Chip era couldn't bench 225, including the linemen you were pimping out so ever hard. But keep changing that narrative!
    Who are the leftovers from the Chip era currently on this team?

Listen, I’m no taggart fan boy at this point, but you all don’t need to lie about the series of events that have led today’s team.

There’s plenty of truth you can have a go at.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canzano is your source??
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Canzano is your source??

That’s the best part about this article I didn’t read.

Washington has won the Pac-12 one year in a row lost to ASU and was gangraped by Stanford.

Washington Husky football is not what Oregon is striving to become.

Just a few years ago 8-2 was a nightmare scenario for Oregon. Now it’s the pinnacle of the Pac-12 I guess?

Oh, ok...

• Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Canzano is your source??

That’s the best part about this article I didn’t read.

Washington has won the Pac-12 one year in a row lost to ASU and was gangraped by Stanford.

Washington Husky football is not what Oregon is striving to become.

Just a few years ago 8-2 was a nightmare scenario for Oregon. Now it’s the pinnacle of the Pac-12 I guess?

Oh, ok...

If losing by 8 is getting "gangraped" ,then what is 70-21?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    edited November 2017
    Sources said:

Mosster47 said:

LIPO.

Bill Tags took over a 4 win team. The dudes that got to the playoffs were gone outside of Freeman, Nelson, and Mondeau.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

If losing by 8 is getting "gangraped" ,then what is 70-21 38-3?

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

The fact that Sling did such a terrible job developing his team and recruiting players.

In 2014 if Mariota went down we would have won maybe 7 games. Instead he played all year and we made the NC.

2015 was basically this year, but with more Chip leftover. If Adams doesn't break his hand in garbage time we win in Lansing with ease and finish the season with maybe one loss to Utah and it's back in the playoffs. Instead we play in Lansing with a QB that can't hold the ball and he sits out a month after that. The season dies and he gets a concussion at half time and Sling blows a 34 point lead against TCU.

2016 is another Big Sky QB that actually plays like a Big Sky QB. He shoves Herbie in there to save his job and it's a 4 win season.

2017 Herbie goes down for six weeks and the season is toast.

UW fans think Browning needs to be better, but at least you guys can compete without him.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

love?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,339
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You can't expect Taggs to take over the year after a play off trip and have anything to work with

Playoffs
    Helfrich fired
    Taggert takes over

So they lost all that talent in one year. Cool story. Helfrich got fired for under performing did he not? If it was a lack of talent why was he fired? He just need more time to get his guys in there.

Lambo went 7-4 in 1993, the same time frame after our title. And we knew he wasn't the guy

Hope this helps. If not just keep sucking off ASU and Stanford for doing what Oregon can't.

Little bro
  • Options

Playoffs
    Helfrich fired
    Taggert takes over

So they lost all that talent in one year. Cool story. Helfrich got fired for under performing did he not? If it was a lack of talent why was he fired? He just need more time to get his guys in there.

Lambo went 7-4 in 1993, the same time frame after our title. And we knew he wasn't the guy

Hope this helps. If not just keep sucking off ASU and Stanford for doing what Oregon can't.

Little bro
    Is this 2005?

“Little bro”

That actually curled my back up. Embarrassing.

Listen, you thought Mora was the guy, I believe you called him “The next Pete Carroll”

I offered to pick him up at Sea-Tac and drive him to Husky Stadium.

Spare us the “We get it” shit.

Oregon went to the playoffs in Helfrich year two with an alien at QB. Then year three he won 4 games, the culture died and he was a pussy. This is year 4 since CK left and you’re all acting like this is his team. That’s 3 years of slingblade recruiting and a month of Bill Taggs.

In year 4 of Pete you couldn’t win the worst Pac 12 in 50 years (not even your division) with nobody in your way. I believe this is why they invented the term “couldn’t get laid in a whorehouse”

Nice recruiting class though.

You guys a for sure back this time.

Good luck rest of the way.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Playoffs
    Helfrich fired
    Taggert takes over

Little bro
    Is this 2005?

“Little bro”

That actually curled my back up. Embarrassing.

Listen, you thought Mora was the guy, I believe you called him “The next Pete Carroll”

I offered to pick him up at Sea-Tac and drive him to Husky Stadium.

Spare us the “We get it” shit.

Oregon went to the playoffs in Helfrich year two with an alien at QB. Then year three he won 4 games, the culture died and he was a pussy. This is year 4 since CK left and you’re all acting like this is his team. That’s 3 years of slingblade recruiting and a month of Bill Taggs.

In year 4 of Pete you couldn’t win the worst Pac 12 in 50 years (not even your division) with nobody in your way. I believe this is why they invented the term “couldn’t get laid in a whorehouse”

Nice recruiting class though.

You guys a for sure back this time.

Good luck rest of the way.

Your deflection is noted. Just admitting I'm right would be easier

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam