Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Latu, 2021 3* LB, Spanaway (Bethel), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

The other potential option is not knowing what position ... we don’t seem to recruit athletes blindly often if at all

I don't think generic "athletes" really exist by the time we get close to signing day. Some programs will see Simon as a RB, some will see him on defense, but everyone will have a specific vision to sell him on.

We've recruited numerous players where other programs were recruiting them at different positions or even the other side of the ball.
    I don’t care what other teams are doing

When was the last time we recruited somebody without being clear the position that we were recruiting at?

We don’t mislead kids saying that they want to play one position and then blindly move them. You could argue this is part of what went down with Harrison.

You can also debate whether you agree with the approach ... but that’s Pete’s approach.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The other potential option is not knowing what position ... we don’t seem to recruit athletes blindly often if at all

I don't think generic "athletes" really exist by the time we get close to signing day. Some programs will see Simon as a RB, some will see him on defense, but everyone will have a specific vision to sell him on.

We've recruited numerous players where other programs were recruiting them at different positions or even the other side of the ball.

When was the last time we recruited somebody without being clear the position that we were recruiting at?

We don’t mislead kids saying that they want to play one position and then blindly move them. You could argue this is part of what went down with Harrison.

You can also debate whether you agree with the approach ... but that’s Pete’s approach.
    We literally have told tons of defensive players that we could see them at buck. Or secondary played are recruited as defensive backs But not defined as safeties or cbs.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I see Simon as a BUCK/CHICO.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm not saying to lie to him, I'm saying you tell him "we like you at a number of different spots, we want you on the team, we'll figure the position out later."

Then if you fill up at LB you put him at RB or BTE or edge or whatever the fuck other position you want to put him at. Kids like this don't come around often. Get him in the program.
    I get your point but that ain’t what Pete’s exhibited he does
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

We literally have told tons of defensive players that we could see them at buck. Or secondary played are recruited as defensive backs But not defined as safeties or cbs.

Because those positions (DBs) are typically more flexible
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm not saying to lie to him, I'm saying you tell him "we like you at a number of different spots, we want you on the team, we'll figure the position out later."

Then if you fill up at LB you put him at RB or BTE or edge or whatever the fuck other position you want to put him at. Kids like this don't come around often. Get him in the program.
    Isn't that what he did with Joyner?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Pretty sure Joyner said he didn’t want to play RB and wanted to play DB
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Lie and get him in the program
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Pretty sure Joyner said he didn’t want to play RB and wanted to play DB
    Ah I had it backwards then. Thought Joyner insisted on RB.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Lie and get him in the program
    That’s whoregons strategy
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,033
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019

Ektard says that someone close to the Latu recruitment says UW is close to offering him. The source expects UW to offer before the end of summer.

Any word on his big bro, Peter? I'd hate to see him stick with that O commitment.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ektard says that someone close to the Latu recruitment says UW is close to offering him. The source expects UW to offer before the end of summer.

Any word on his big bro, Peter? I'd hate to see him stick with that O commitment.

Seems he still needs to get his grades up.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Eklund says no chance they offer his brother. Someone asked if it's because of academics and/or "fit". His response was "yeah, let's say that"
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

To add, his brother had a really weird interview with the Oregon version of Eklund. He said hes "riding with Oregon right now" but will take official visits and Oregon will probably be one of them.

He may be less committed than that Avanta guy who is releasing his top 7

They don't have commits till they sign. It ain't over for Steele till he enrolls either. Rumors about a potential flip back to USC are starting to heat up. So much drama coming Oregon's way and I got my popcorn ready. So glad UW doesn't recruit drama queens like that.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

To add, his brother had a really weird interview with the Oregon version of Eklund. He said hes "riding with Oregon right now" but will take official visits and Oregon will probably be one of them.

They don't have commits till they sign. It ain't over for Steele till he enrolls either. Rumors about a potential flip back to USC are starting to heat up. So much drama coming Oregon's way and I got my popcorn ready. So glad UW doesn't recruit drama queens like that.
    Kaho?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

Kaho?
    Meh. That was one guy tho. Half of Oregon's class aren't really committed and Chris Steele has flipped schools four times already.