Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump IS the news

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

RedRocket said:

Term limits, no more than 4 years in Washington, a salary of no more than 50K per year and a complimentary bunk in a boarding house. 3 meals a day. 40 hour work weeks, 1 1/2 weeks of vacation per year, max. Lifetime ban on any relatives, acquaintances, business associates of senators/congressmen from serving. Ban all lobbying.

This better be a joke. Nobody with any measurable amount of talent would apply for that shitty job unless they could use it to line their pockets.
    Political talent? If you have political talent we don't fucking want you. Hit the road. That's exactly the problem. Career politicians. There are plenty of people who would serve the country for 4 years and walk away.
    I don't want dumb poor people running the country.
    Oh ok, so you would rather have people taking bribes from special interests while consolidating their own personal power for 30 plus years. Got it. Hallmark of a true democracy right there.
    I don't want that either. We have elections and they have consequences.
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

RedRocket said:

Term limits, no more than 4 years in Washington, a salary of no more than 50K per year and a complimentary bunk in a boarding house. 3 meals a day. 40 hour work weeks, 1 1/2 weeks of vacation per year, max. Lifetime ban on any relatives, acquaintances, business associates of senators/congressmen from serving. Ban all lobbying.

This better be a joke. Nobody with any measurable amount of talent would apply for that shitty job unless they could use it to line their pockets.
    Political talent? If you have political talent we don't fucking want you. Hit the road. That's exactly the problem. Career politicians. There are plenty of people who would serve the country for 4 years and walk away.
    Oh ok, so you would rather have people taking bribes from special interests while consolidating their own personal power for 30 plus years. Got it.
    I agree with term limits but paying them 50k instead of 200k isn't going to make a difference. Campaign funding is a way bigger issue than their relatively minuscule salary.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2017

RedRocket said:

Oh ok, so you would rather have people taking bribes from special interests while consolidating their own personal power for 30 plus years. Got it. Hallmark of a true democracy right there.
    I don't want that either. We have elections and they have consequences.
    Right, elections where we get to choose between two corrupt, bankrupt parties that, when its boiled down to basics, are basically the same party -- the Washington establishment. It can be shaken up and broken with term limits.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,071 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:
    Nice Red-herring from a paid shill as always.

Your handlers don't want any acknowledgement of the Clinton Crime Foundation.
    Mosster47 said:

Trump's act is already tiresome. He hasn't done anything other than becoming super fucking annoying to everyone on both sides.

He was here a few weeks back holding a rally for Luther Strange. Then Luther got smashed the next day in the vote. If Bama doesn't care what Donnie says anymore then you could imagine what every swing state is like.

Fucking great news. Both sides are the problem.
    Trump may be the last chance to tear down a corrupt system before it gets too far along to be capable of fixing.
    edited October 2017
    2001400ex said:

Yeah, I'm sure you're trying to be sarcastic or ironic, but this is basically true. You won't see the faggots in the mainstream media reporting this at all. Why? Because they're mother fucking traitors that should be shot like traitors for their part in eroding American democracy. The fact that we continue to put up with this shit, the Clintons selling uranium to the Russians, the FBI and justice department covering it up, etc., shows that we are a failed state in the making.

What I'm implying that you are missing.... Trump is the news. He has access to everything he wants. He can instruct the AG to investigate this. Republicans, who owns both houses of Congress, can investigate this. They spent how many years investigating Benghazi and emails? You'd think, if there were truth to what Fox news is reporting and Trump is parroting, that the Republican controlled AG or Congress would be all over it like stink on shit.

But you are too dumb and too partisan to look past the fact that your news source drills it and at Trump parrots it, so it must be true.

Nice rants tho, rather entertaining.
    In the history of irony, this is a pinnacle moment ...
    End of the day, there is no easy solution. OBK is right that the long-time career politicians end up bought off by the corporate establishment that only has one set of interests in mind.

RedRocket and Boobs are right that you don't want to dis-incentivize the position and keep good people out. Even at $200k per year, the really good people make far more in the private sector. Why would any rational actor take a pay-cut and have to endure the bullshit? Character ethos just aren't the main thing anymore.

RIP Pat Tillman.

The contrarian solution I've been mulling over is to the switch the term-limits between congress and executive. I would institute a 2-term max on members of the House and a 1-term max on Senators; then I would lift term-limits all together on the executive.

The idea is to keep Congress more representative of the people than the corporate establishment - with a revolving door. This would insure less impact by the corporate establishment interests by removing the inherent problems of the current bargain = trading power and privilege.

I would lift term-limits on the executive, because in a time of crisis, you need a strong, resolute leader to lead and continue to govern. Losing FDR after a second term would have been a disaster, imo. Nothing has ever been gained by cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    pawz said:

End of the day, there is no easy solution. OBK is right that the long-time career politicians end up bought off by the corporate establishment that only has one set of interests in mind.

RedRocket and Boobs are right that you don't want to dis-incentivize the position and keep good people out. Even at $200k per year, the really good people make far more in the private sector. Why would any rational actor take a pay-cut and have to endure the bullshit? Character ethos just aren't the main thing anymore.

RIP Pat Tillman.

The contrarian solution I've been mulling over is to the switch the term-limits between congress and executive. I would institute a 2-term max on members of the House and a 1-term max on Senators; then I would lift term-limits all together on the executive.

The idea is to keep Congress more representative of the people than the corporate establishment - with a revolving door. This would insure less impact by the corporate establishment interests by removing the inherent problems of the current bargain = trading power and privilege.

I would lift term-limits on the executive, because in a time of crisis, you need a strong, resolute leader to lead and continue to govern. Losing FDR after a second term would have been a disaster, imo. Nothing has ever been gained by cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Term limits won't help anything when there's people who get paid to bribe people for a living (lobbyists). Right now there is too much money coming in on each side. Look at the last health care vote, the 49-51 where McCain was the deciding vote. 49 Republicans had too much money coming in telling them to repeal Obamacare no matter what. 48 Democrats had too much money telling them to keep Obamacare no matter what. McCain is old and was the sacrificial lamb. So basically 3 people voted in what's in the best interest of the nation, which is to not pass that shitty repeal. (Before you grill me, we need to fix Obamacare, but cutting taxes on the wealthy and cutting subsidies on the poor is not the right way to do it).

I can agree on term limits, like 5 terms for the house and 2 terms for the Senate. But citizens United needs to be gone and lobbying needs to end.
    Who are these 'really good people' everyone keeps talking about? Presumably they already occupy these positions, and yet the country is so fucked up right now, it's like retards are running the show. How many skills do you need to go to Washington and represent your district? Because the only ones currently required are graft, extortion and know how to be a good liar.

The executive branch needs limits. Do you want Caesar Obama ruling for 20 years?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Who are these 'really good people' everyone keeps talking about? Presumably they already occupy these positions, and yet the country is so fucked up right now, it's like retards are running the show. How many skills do you need to go to Washington and represent your district? Because the only ones currently required are graft, extortion and know how to be a good liar.

The executive branch needs limits. Do you want Caesar Obama ruling for 20 years?

Agree Obama for 20 yes area would be awful. Do you want Trump ruling for 20 years?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    2001400ex said:

Agree Obama for 20 yes area would be awful. Do you want Trump ruling for 20 years?
    Yes because then you'd finally have the nervous breakdown we've been waiting for
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Hi, you do understand no person over 25 would accept this right? DC fucking sucks and as an example that would be a 50% pay cut for me, and I work for the federal government.

$50k to live somewhere crazy expensive that isn't even a 1095 term. You realize you're the stupidest fucker you know, right?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

RedRocket said:

That hurts. I thought I had your vote.
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

RIP Pat Tillman.

Term limits won't help anything when there's people who get paid to bribe people for a living (lobbyists). Right now there is too much money coming in on each side. Look at the last health care vote, the 49-51 where McCain was the deciding vote. 49 Republicans had too much money coming in telling them to repeal Obamacare no matter what. 48 Democrats had too much money telling them to keep Obamacare no matter what. McCain is old and was the sacrificial lamb. So basically 3 people voted in what's in the best interest of the nation, which is to not pass that shitty repeal. (Before you grill me, we need to fix Obamacare, but cutting taxes on the wealthy and cutting subsidies on the poor is not the right way to do it).

I can agree on term limits, like 5 terms for the house and 2 terms for the Senate. But citizens United needs to be gone and lobbying needs to end.

Exhibit A - likely deciding against running for President because bullshit:

The whole point of term-limits for Congress is to dis-incentivize making decisions for people who help get them re-elected and to make decisions for the people they are supposed to serve.

I want FDR to begin his 4th term.

Mosster47 said:

Hi, you do understand no person over 25 would accept this right? DC fucking sucks and as an example that would be a 50% pay cut for me, and I work for the federal government.

$50k to live somewhere crazy expensive that isn't even a 1095 term. You realize you're the stupidest fucker you know, right?
    What about free bunks in a boarding house and 3 meals a day don't you fucking understand?
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

What about free bunks in a boarding house and 3 meals a day don't you fucking understand?
    That's the same deal as prison. Obviously you are poor. There is nothing wrong with being poor, but in your mind you think $50k a year and basic life sustainment is going to get respectable people to run for government office. This is false. It would get poor people, like you. Again, nothing wrong with being poor, but they obviously didn't "get" capitalism, which is what we are.

Poor is ok. Poor and stupid is not ok. You're the second option.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    I'm just shocked that Sven hates Trump. I thought for a while they may be the same person.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

Retards are running the show, you fucking dope.

They're called the voters.