Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Already thinking about the Playoffs

When my Ducks were on the up and up, there was always the question, can the gimmick offense they run outclass the old school tough football played by teams such as Alabama, tOSU, Stanford, Fresno State etc...

There was some mystery in that. A lot of what ifs. I'm wondering as Dawg fans what your feelings are about playing real football and still having to face other real football teams in the playoffs?

With the Pacific conference at an all time low, I see UW finishing 12-0 and being in the playoffs again, but there's no mystery. The blue bloods are just going to win out over you based on the hot recruiting grounds the reside in which I've never thought was fair.

Do you wish that maybe you tried something different so you at least have a chance?

Would like to hear what you guys think. Glad to see you didn't have any injuries tonight, Seems like you guys are really fortunate in that area and you never have major injuries.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited October 2017
    I think if we're ever going to beat those teams we'd either need a great qb (something we don't have) or time. Roster just isn't talented and deep enough yet.
    Another 3 years of consistent winning and stronger recruiting and maybe we'll be at that point. Maybe we'll never get there. For now the goal is to win the cconference imo and maybe if we can draw a winnable game like Oklahoma or Penn state beat them. We're just not beating Clemson or Bama right now. No one is
  • Options
    Maybe I'm a doog who doesn't have standards. But I just don't see how we can match up with those guys. Auburn next year will be a decent measuring stick I guess altho I expect next year to be a bit of a rebuilding year compared to this one.
  • Options

"You have to be in it to be able to win it." - Someone famous

Anything can happen.

That being said, just getting to the CFP with Petersen again in back to back seasons would help with exposure for the program as long as coaching stays somewhat consistent. For someone like UW you can't just go out and get 5 star players but you can start keeping people in state or in the region that would have otherwise left if they know they are going to a program that continues to win, put players in the NFL and has a coach that isn't going to leave.

But I am not thinking about what will happen if UW goes. I know that anyone left on UW's schedule can win right now, even those buttfucks at Cal. Already thinking about 12(13)-0 is setting myself up for huge disappointment. This team has some fucking problems. Offensive coordinator, the QB, WRs that can't get open, players who can't get off blocks, a kicker who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, TE depth an injury away from shitdom, STDs, weed and fires.

Bull. I can name a couple of teams if not more who have no shot at beating us. Cal is one of them. Oregon if they don't have herbert is another. Utah maybe.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Until we have multiple generation recruiting and development come through the system - I'll take playoffs anyways. You need the national exposure to get to the top ...
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

When my Ducks were on the up and up, there was always the question, can the gimmick offense they run outclass the old school tough football played by teams such as Alabama, tOSU, Stanford, Fresno State etc...

There was some mystery in that. A lot of what ifs. I'm wondering as Dawg fans what your feelings are about playing real football and still having to face other real football teams in the playoffs?

With the Pacific conference at an all time low, I see UW finishing 12-0 and being in the playoffs again, but there's no mystery. The blue bloods are just going to win out over you based on the hot recruiting grounds the reside in which I've never thought was fair.

Do you wish that maybe you tried something different so you at least have a chance?

Would like to hear what you guys think. Glad to see you didn't have any injuries tonight, Seems like you guys are really fortunate in that area and you never have major injuries.

You sound like an equook poster kissing bungus at doogman. Fuck off.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    dhdawg said:

I think if we're ever going to beat those teams we'd either need a great qb (something we don't have) or time. Roster just isn't talented and deep enough yet.
    Another 3 years of consistent winning and stronger recruiting and maybe we'll be at that point. Maybe we'll never get there. For now the goal is to win the cconference imo and maybe if we can draw a winnable game like Oklahoma or Penn state beat them. We're just not beating Clemson or Bama right now. No one is

So, your saying, Peterman just needs more time to get his own guys in here?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

dhdawg said:

So, your saying, Peterman just needs more time to get his own guys in here?
    *Yore
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Sounds like since the mighty Ducks couldnt win during their brief run of success, you don't think the Husky's will be able to on our* latest return to the top.

Isn't the Pacific conference an Oregon high school division?

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Look at what Oregon had to beat an FSU team with a Heisman QB and a 24ish game winning streak;

Mariota- Heisman, NFL starter
    Freeman- Active yardage leader in everything and a 5-star recruit.
    Tyner- 5-star recruit and an NFL caliber back before his shoulders died.
    Carrington- Stud WR
    Allen- Olympic athlete
    Lowe- Insane edge blocker, solid hands
    Brown- All Conference TE
    Fisher- NFL starter
    Grassu- NFL starter
    Johnstone- All-American
    Armstead- NFL starter
    Buckner- NFL starter
    Ifo- 1st round lock until knee injury
    Hill- All Conference player

The defense lead the nation in take aways. They lost to tOSU because Allen tore his ACL and Carrington smoked weed and talked shit. The Buckeyes played Cover 3 all night and put 8 guys in the box because we had no one left that could stretch the field.

You need to be loaded on both sides of the ball, which UW isn't, and you have to stay healthy across the board now to have a shot. That's why Oklahoma got punked because their defense hasn't been legit since 1999 and tOSU got smashed last year with that garbage offense. The voters can't bail out these giant names anymore, which is nice.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    ntxduck said:

Clemson and Bama is Warriors-Cavs at this point. Everything else is just for shits and giggles.

And no PAC 12 team will have a chance against either as long as Saban/Dabo are rolling. They are playing a different sport than the rest of the country, especially with oversigning and lax (or no) discipline. Oregon's best WR gets a DUI? Kicked off team. Alabama's best DL got a DUI the same week and received no suspension at all. The Southern teams/conferences actually care about football. The Pac 12 really doesn't.

Simple fact.
    Case closed.
    End of discussion.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mike's quooking hard this morning. Good for him.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Thanks to those of you that want to participate in a legitimate conversation and not resort to the same old boring name calling.

I don’t remember the Pacific Conference being this poor. (I call it that because if I say “Pac-12” it only covers a few years)

It looks like there’s one good team that can play with most teams save the top 8 or so as long as they (Washington) don’t have any major injuries. Seems like nobody ever gets hurt for you guys.

I think Washington is going to stroll to a 12-0 injury free season then find it tough to match up with any of the top 4 to 6.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bama and Clemson are on another level. To beat them we would need to play our A+ game, make 0 mistakes, and hope they have an off game. Kind of like Oregons only chance against Washington this year.

We? Have one of the best S&C coaches in the nation who keeps them healthy. Unlike some schools who try to make them run until they pass out and have to go to the hospital. We have had a couple big injuries like Byron Murphy and Chico Mcclatcher but surprise! Our coaches develop players so the depth behind them steps in and there isn't much of a drop off.

Enjoyed your long winded quook frustration post. As far as doing something different... personally I wasn't a fan of that whole 7 win thing, trusting freshman to saviors to bring the program to relevance, and "cool" weeks and tigers and shit. I've been enjoying watching almost every player on the team consistently get better, bigger, stronger, and faster thing. I also like the 11+ win thing.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

Maybe I'm a doog who doesn't have standards. But I just don't see how we can match up with those guys. Auburn next year will be a decent measuring stick I guess altho I expect next year to be a bit of a rebuilding year compared to this one.

Auburn sucks.