Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I heard we don't have any official visitors for tomorrow's game

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Staff, true?!

That was be indefensible if true. Jesus Christ.

Comments

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    That's right. I decided not to attend. No one should. Fuck Sark. Fuck Woodward.

Go Dawgs, hopefully before this decade ends.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Gladstone said:

Imagine the nightmare if Sark is retained. The negative recruiting against Sark would multiply 100x, the clouds of his eventual firing would curl off the program like smoke. The players, who have already shown not to buy whatever Sark is selling (as have WA recruits), will go 'here we go again' at the first sign of adversity and would put it on autopilot. This shouldn't be a debate. At all. Not even a tier 2 program would tolerate this shit. I hate our fanbase so fucking much sometimes.

For all the shit Baird and other morons say about how this recruiting class would be ruined by Sark's firing (I don't think that would be true, look at Mora's 2012 class), what about 2015? We would not beat out Oregon, UCLA, or USC for any recruit that had offers from those other schools. We would be competing with WSU and Cal for most of that class. Like you said, it's not a difficult decision.

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Gladstone said:

Imagine the nightmare if Sark is retained. The negative recruiting against Sark would multiply 100x, the clouds of his eventual firing would curl off the program like smoke. The players, who have already shown not to buy whatever Sark is selling (as have WA recruits), will go 'here we go again' at the first sign of adversity and would put it on autopilot. This shouldn't be a debate. At all. Not even a tier 2 program would tolerate this shit. I hate our fanbase so fucking much sometimes.

I hate this shit. I voted "awesome" because I agree, and it hurts so much. I would prefer to empty a magazine into an effigy of Sark (cloud's illusions I recall) than vote "awesome," but we have little recourse. I could easily do Woodward's job.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    The game is a bit late for high school kids. Hi Woody
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Gladstone said:

A perfect example of coaching uncertainty killing a program is Oregon's 2002 class. Mike Bellotti was on the fence about staying or going to Ohio State and Terror just bailed to Cal. The Ducks signed Haloti Ngata and a bunch of kids no one wanted. Kellen Clemens was a gimme.

Then the worst stretch of football at Oregon since football was invented came right after. It wasn't until 2005 when all of those guys were seniors and developed did they win 10 games. That also shows that good coaching can develop players.

The difference between Bellotti and Sark is Mike could turn it around quickly, Sark can't. You're just going to be shitty with no upside.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited October 2013
    Why do you hate UW to the WAC
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    This is one of the huge reasons that Sark needs to go after this year barring a 10-3 finish (I still won't be happy with the coach but you can't fire him after 10-3) and people won't get their thick heads around it until it is too late. Even Eklund can't hide the fact that this recruiting class is falling apart and that it will likely set UW back a year if there is not an intervention (getting a new coach, winning out). Scott and Kim's only responses are

A)Let it play out (stupid rollercoaster analogy)
    B) The class will be fine even if they only win 6 games. Kids don't care about the wins and losses a team has (utter bullshit)

One of Sark's recent fuckups was to make the Oregon game the big recruiting weekend.So every kid in the state got to watch UW get stomped by the team that many of them are highly considering as well - great strategy.

Two huge recruits that were considered heavy UW leans visited during the Oregon game. One, an OT (we don't need those or anything) promptly picked Arizona the day after the beating by ASU. The other, a JC DT with offers all over the country (don't need those either) was so taken in by the experience of the Oregon game that he decided to visit Oregon the following weekend and declare himself "wide open": instead of being a "heavy UW lean" who was expected to commit on his visit.

Again, Scott says all is good and recruits don't really care about wins and losses. It's coaching stability and a new stadium that will reel them in. Yeah right.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    edited October 2013
    Gladstone said:

My friend texted me something like, "ASU killing Washington. Ouch." I think it was halftime... so the Huskies are down by three scores or so.

I text back a profanity laced tirade calling for a Sark firing at the airport.

He texts back, "Calm down with the fire Sark talk."

Yes, this fan base deserves 0-12, but we don't, damnit.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sark always seems to have a lull in recruiting momentum about this time of the season. I wonder why?

The same gurus who told us this would be a banner class if the wins come spend most of their posting energy this time of year on convincing the fans there is nothing to worry about. The recruits don't get affected by one game. UW is in very good shape for all these guys. Lather, rinse, repeat. Eklund even slipped a statement into the recent, lukewarm report on Pelon about how he asked and the kid wasn't going to let one game or even multiple games affect his decision. It was important enough to Eklund to prove this to the board that he actually asked the fucking recruit for a statement on it. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

One of two things will happen here. Either we exceed doog expectations and finish with 8 wins and the class finishes off decently as far as rating but still embarrassingly light on OL, or we finish with 6-7 wins and it's a train wreck reminiscent of Sark's first class.

There will never, ever be a better time to replace Sark. The whole nation sees there is talent here and the job would be an upgrade to 90% of the head coaches in the country. Getting someone good should be a given. Recruits still have UW on their radar...Sark has been able to sell the program as an up and comer well enough that recruits pay attention. They just won't pull the trigger for a barely above .500 team that loses ugly to the other teams they're considering. A good, new HC could easily work with this situation and turn it to his advantage. I'd expect a recruiting bump this year, not a dip.

It's time. I'm fully on board.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    chuck said:

Sark always seems to have a lull in recruiting momentum about this time of the season. I wonder why?

The same gurus who told us this would be a banner class if the wins come spend most of their posting energy this time of year on convincing the fans there is nothing to worry about. The recruits don't get affected by one game. UW is in very good shape for all these guys. Lather, rinse, repeat. Eklund even slipped a statement into the recent, lukewarm report on Pelon about how he asked and the kid wasn't going to let one game or even multiple games affect his decision. It was important enough to Eklund to prove this to the board that he actually asked the fucking recruit for a statement on it. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

One of two things will happen here. Either we exceed doog expectations and finish with 8 wins and the class finishes off decently as far as rating but still embarrassingly light on OL, or we finish with 6-7 wins and it's a train wreck reminiscent of Sark's first class.

There will never, ever be a better time to replace Sark. The whole nation sees there is talent here and the job would be an upgrade to 90% of the head coaches in the country. Getting someone good should be a given. Recruits still have UW on their radar...Sark has been able to sell the program as an up and comer well enough that recruits pay attention. They just won't pull the trigger for a barely above .500 team that loses ugly to the other teams they're considering. A good, new HC could easily work with this situation and turn it to his advantage. I'd expect a recruiting bump this year, not a dip.

All of this is true AND turfing Sark for being average tells the pussies in the fanbase that average isn't good enough anymore.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    chuck said:

You summed it up perfectly. I'm sure our AD will fuck this one up though. With a new QB, a smaller recruiting class, an easy first 4 games...this is a pitch right down the center of the plate.

I'm also sure the villains at Doogman will push their access-saving mediocre agenda as much as possible. It would be hilarious if Mora was hired because we have all of the screenshots and quotes of Kim trashing him. He'd be fucking dead to rights and he knows it. The thought warms my heart.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    stop it with the fire Sark crap. It's hurting recruiting.

He should get at least as long as Kiffen got at USC to turn the program around.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

stop it with the fire Sark crap. It's hurting recruiting.

He should get at least as long as Kiffen got at USC to turn the program around.

Well played.

Doogs that mock Kiffin for getting fired while supporting Sark are the absolute worst.

• BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    If Sark goes 10-3 I will suspend blogging
  • This recruiting class is going to suck no matter what due to low amount of schollies you can offer.

However, if you bring back Sark then next years class will also suck. Having back to back shitty recruiting classes will hurt a program badly.

If you fire him and the new coach comes in he can salvage this class. He can also hit up the local talent.

I know Doogs love to tell me getting local talent doesn't matter but I call bullshit. Having Garnett starting at guard instead of Charles/Kohler and Jack at OLB so Shaq can play over Shamburger would make a huge difference.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940

If Sark goes 10-3 I will suspend blogging

Will you keep your hobby board open?