Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

AZDuck's Considered Opinion on Southern Monuments

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dude61 said:

Is that Lenin statue still in Fremont?

Statues that represent evil, hatred and bigotry, but are otherwise politically correct are allowed to stand.
    The Lennin statue is more like a cool souvenir. I liken it to "betting for shirts" in Men's Rowing. When you win a race, your vanquished opponents have to give you the shirt of their back (literally). In a drawer somewhere at home, I've got a bunch of CAL rowing shirts, for example. In this case, we whipped the USSR and we got a nice piece or memorabilia to commemorate the W.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Or a coach who has his Black players stay home so the DAWGS could give up 69 to UCLA
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Or a coach who has his Black players stay home so the DAWGS could give up 69 to UCLA

You guysm are funny: 69 and "erected"

Where's @Swaye at?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,464
    Tearing down, rewriting and removing or destroying history history is never a good idea. It's what dictators and historically evil regimes have done. History is there to teach us and remind us so things don't happen again. It doesn't exist for emotional reasons. I've never been "offended" by history. It's in the past and cannot be changed.

Stop being a cunt if you're offended by things that happened long ago. Things changed. Men died to change it. GTFOI or GTFO.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Tearing down, rewriting and removing or destroying history history is never a good idea. It's what dictators and historically evil regimes have done. History is there to teach us and remind us so things don't happen again. It doesn't exist for emotional reasons. I've never been "offended" by history. It's in the past and cannot be changed.

Stop being a cunt if you're offended by things that happened long ago. Things changed. Men died to change it. GTFOI or GTFO.

Helps Trump. IMO
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Nice
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Why didn't they do this shit like 100 years ago

Because the culture of victimology and entitlement wasn't a factor.

That and people were raciss as fuck 100 years ago.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

I tend to think that what Mayor Landrieu said about Confederate monuments in NOLA applies to all of them. If you haven't watched or read this speech, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j81MkNgnXuY

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/opinion/mitch-landrieus-speech-transcript.html?_r=0

I can't really find fault with Landrieus logic and agree on snuffing out the "Cult of the lost Cause" but to play devil's advocate, where do we draw the line? Is the line of demarcation those that committed treason- i.e., Lee, Jackson, Davis, etc? What about those who participated in and profited from the Peculiar Institution. Do we need to remove the Washington/Jefferson monuments?
    It's not an unwarranted concern. Once these things get rolling, hysteria takes over. See the Durham incident yesterday.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    Swaye's Wigwam
    King County was named after some slave holding Veep. I had no idea until it HAD to be changed. Now it is named after MLK I think but I always think of some slave holding Veep when I see the name
    So according to this leftist logic the Egyptians should tear down the pyramids, Italians should tear down their whole country and a huge chunk of Europe and all the Mayan and Aztec stuff should go bye bye too. Right?

Get to work leftists!
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

So according to this leftist logic the Egyptians should tear down the pyramids, Italians should tear down their whole country and a huge chunk of Europe and all the Mayan and Aztec stuff should go bye bye too. Right?

Get to work leftists!

Fuck you are a donkey.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sledog said:

Get to work leftists!

None of those guys fought a war against their own country.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    edited August 2017

Sledog said:

Get to work leftists!

No - they didn't. But they kept their slaves too.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Sledog said:

The statue is being donated to a museum.
    edited August 2017

Sledog said:

Get to work leftists!

All built by slaves.

But since the confederacy no longer exists does that mean slavery never happened? FYI all confederate soldiers are considered to be U.S. military veterans by law. You lefties tearing down the I would Jim and statue too?

Naturally the democrats want the confederacy, slavery the KKK, JI'm Crows etc. all erased since they were all started by and consisted of democrats!
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Get to work leftists!

All built by slaves.

But since the confederacy no longer exists does that mean slavery never happened? FYI all confederate soldiers are considered to be U.S. military veterans by law. You lefties tearing down the I would Jim and statue too?

Naturally the democrats want the confederacy, slavery the KKK, JI'm Crows etc. all erased since they were all started by and consisted of democrats!
    In American politics, the southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans.[1][2][3] As the Civil Rights Movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened pre-existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South to the Republican Party that had traditionally supported the Democratic Party.[4] It also helped push the Republican Party much more to the right.
    edited August 2017
    Sledog said:

Get to work leftists!

I was semi-joking before. But now I'm seriously asking you if you're a retard: are you a retard?

The Egyptians? Aztecs and Mayans?
    I don't care much about misplaced statues of loser traitor generals, by I note we toppled the big statue of Saddam.

Were those good, brave amd wholesome American soldiers revising history?

Lee was a loser.

Cook it!!