Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Doog Rising on Softy's page

MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,601 Swaye's Wigwam
Scroll down for the tl;dr version....

Steven Pyeatt
The sad nature of "the grass is always greener". Don James wouldn't have lasted long in todays climate. His first 4 years 6,5,7,7 wins. In his first 14 years he had 7 seasons with 5,6, or 7 wins.

Fans would have started eating him alive after 5 years of "mediocrity" which were followed by 21-5 record and 3 straight Rose Bowls.

The reason teams never have the long term success that Coach James had is because they will shoot their Coach after they fail to meet unrealistic expectations.

Coach James did great things for this program, but to get it to the high level of success that we consider "the standard" now didn't happen overnight. It also wasn't a constant stream of succes, it had up's and downs. The key is that Coach James was humble enough and smart enough to look at what has to be done and do it. Many Coaches are stubborn and won't change no matter what, both Sark and James have the same attitude of self reflection and adaptation.

While I hoped Lambo could keep the program at that high level, and hoped that Neuheisel would be able to have sustained success, I never saw the others as anything but stop gap measures. Not until Sark have I see what I saw in Coach James, a man who can, and will, lead this program back to where we want it *IF* we can keep from running him out of town like we did every other successful Coach except Don James.

The more you learn about Sark, the more you see that he isn't just giving lip service to why he came here and what his goals are for himself and this program. Just having a Coach with his mindset is rare, to give him the time to get the job done is almost impossible in todays "win now or get lost" menality.

I am not willing to settle for long term mediocrity, but I am also realistic enough to know that if we change horses at this point we will get another decade of exactly what we don't want... and we will deserve it because we were not smart enough to know when we have the perfect fit for our program.

38 minutes ago · Like · 1

-----

tl;dr = Don James had an easy schedule and didn't have to be a good coach to win 7 games a year.

Funny enough, this fucktard is in the minority on Softy's page after last weekend.

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    he also mixed in a bunch of 10 and 11 win seasons in between those "mediocre years."
    Also james didn't play the idaho's and San Diego State's in nonconference not to mention they played less games at the time
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Win the conference in your 3rd year and you can get away with 7 win seasons.

Go 5-4 against the conference every year and gtfo.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    edited October 2013
    This argument is so fucking stupid. First of all it's a fucking lie. Don James won 10 games and a rose bowl in his third fucking year. That shreds the entire fucktarded argument I've heard so many doogs make. They said the same damn thing about Ty, hence the "he needs more time" bullshit.

And let's pretend this idiot is correct and it took don james some time. They also love to use frank beamer. Fine, that would be 2 out of a fucking million coaches who were shit in their first 4-5 years and then went on to be great. They think that just because someone's done it before, their guy (Ty, Sark) will automatically become that anomaly. It's just so fucking stupid it makes me physically angry. It's the same thing when these morons say stars don't matter when we get a low ranked kid because Mason Foster and Donald Butler. Well how many Robin Kezirians, Tim WIlliams' and Sir Aaron Masons do we have to sign to get a Mason Foster. Fuck me.
  • I'm so tired of Doogs saying that lazy argument.

James in his first four years was 20-9 in conference while Sark was 19-17.

These dumb fucks always skew stats, do whatever they can to paint James as not as good as he was to try and protect their worthless shit coach.

Also if Sark won a fucking rose bowl in year three NOBODY on here would be demanding he be fired unless he was like 3-8 or some shit.

Jesus fucking christ I hate our fans so much!
  • Not until Sark have I see what I saw in Coach James, a man who can, and will, lead this program back to where we want it *IF* we can keep from running him out of town like we did every other successful Coach except Don James.

I would say out of every coach we've hired since James that Sark is the coach the most opposite of James.

In fact there is nothing about Sark besides playing QB in college that resembles James.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Insanity. It doesn't matter what James did or did not do. UW just played this game with Ty. This is why another 0-12 is necessary. These people are retarded and the consequences need to be beaten into their tiny fucking brains over and over again. The only problem is if UW were to go 0-12 next year another 0-12 would no doubt be needed immediately.

Softy made a tweet today about UW having 5 coaches since James and some idiot, no bullshit, asked if the reason why UW hasn't had the same level of success was because they had a win now mentality and were firing coaches to early. WHO THE FUCK WAS EVER FIRED EARLY? Rick, ok. Although that guy would no doubt think the Rick firing was great. Ty? Gilby? Who???
  • Insanity. It doesn't matter what James did or did not do. UW just played this game with Ty. This is why another 0-12 is necessary. These people are retarded and the consequences need to be beaten into their tiny fucking brains over and over again. The only problem is if UW were to go 0-12 next year another 0-12 would no doubt be needed immediately.

Softy made a tweet today about UW having 5 coaches since James and some idiot, no bullshit, asked if the reason why UW hasn't had the same level of success was because they had a win now mentality and were firing coaches to early. WHO THE FUCK WAS EVER FIRED EARLY? Rick, ok. Although that guy would no doubt think the Rick firing was great. Ty? Gilby? Who???

That's the funniest part the only coach fired too early is the one guy all Doogs say had to be fired.

Gilby despite only being here for two years was fired one year too late. Should have been an interim head coach if you were going to be fucking stupid to fire Rick in June.

Ty should have never seen 2008 or even 2007 for that matter.

Sark shouldn't have seen 2012, 2013 and possibly 2014.

The red flags were there for all three.

Hell Lambo should have been fired after 1995 or 1997.

The only problem with another 0-12 is it cripples your fan base. Sets expectations so low once again. Fuck people are still using 0-12 as an excuse for Sark which is just ridiculous.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Not until Sark have I see what I saw in Coach James, a man who can, and will, lead this program back to where we want it *IF* we can keep from running him out of town like we did every other successful Coach except Don James.

Couple things, here:

1. We DID run James "out of town." He didn't leave Washington State (if he's being literal), but he sure as hell got forced out of UW.

2. What the fuck is this dumbass ass talking about, "every other successful Coach?" Neuheisal? I thought doogs hated him? Lambright? They're too young to comment. Which "successful coaches" since DJ have been forced out? FUUUUUUCK!!!

Honestly, someone, PLEASE make some fucking sense out of this groveling drivel. Please tell me I'm too drunk to read this correctly.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    CaptainPJ said:

Not until Sark have I see what I saw in Coach James, a man who can, and will, lead this program back to where we want it *IF* we can keep from running him out of town like we did every other successful Coach except Don James.

Couple things, here:

1. We DID run James "out of town." He didn't leave Washington State (if he's being literal), but he sure as hell got forced out of UW.

2. What the fuck is this dumbass ass talking about, "every other successful Coach?" Neuheisal? I thought doogs hated him? Lambright? They're too young to comment. Which "successful coaches" since DJ have been forced out? FUUUUUUCK!!!

Honestly, someone, PLEASE make some fucking sense out of this groveling drivel. Please tell me I'm too drunk to read this correctly.
    That's the problem with the internet. It's awesome that there are places to share viewpoints with other fans, but then you get morons like this kid, who have strong opinions, but have no fucking clue what they are talking about. How does someone even come up with the shit he typed?

• CaptainPJ said:

Couple things, here:

Don't even bother you can never make sense of Doog arguments. They always have to lie about their facts whether it be numbers or shit like this.

You can't be truthful because the truth says we are right and they are wrong.

Doogs have learned NOTHING from 0-12. They say they have but they haven't.

I can't wait until guys like this will be claiming "I never thought a coach was like James until I saw coach X. I never did believe in Sark" because you know that will fucking happen in 2015.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    How does someone even come up with the shit he typed?

He's a scarf-waving doog that lives in the biggest pussy city in the country?

• CaptainPJ said:

Couple things, here:

That's the problem with the internet. It's awesome that there are places to share viewpoints with other fans, but then you get morons like this kid, who have strong opinions, but have no fucking clue what they are talking about. How does someone even come up with the shit he typed?

Umm this guy isn't a kid. He's one of those Bring our Sonics back guys.

https://www.facebook.com/coz11/photos