Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Geirean Hatchett, 5* 2020 OL, Ferndale, WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Not sure how to spin the utilizing of Condoleeza Rice in pictures plays here ...

My uneducated opinion is that it’s clear his family are “They Ferndale” (channeling Tim Hardaway “He Chicago” lingo) and that puts UW in a great spot being the local school that allows all the benefits of a major University and moving to the City while still being 2 hours away from going home and being Ferndale.

Stanford from a football perspective IMO has a pitch against UW that is running out of steam but they may still be able to get away with it in spots for another year or two and this is a position (OL) that it may work. Using Rice is trying to show the elbow rubbing elitism that Stanford offers ... which @Gladstone will happily talk about the crock of BS that is for Stanford athletes. It screams to me that Stanford knows they have to make up a lot of ground and is screaming for the fences.

The question I have is after the trip and going home are the highlights of the trip the game, environment, and talks with the coaches or the fact that they got to meet Condoleeza Rice? One set of facts is the everyday reality of going to Stanford ... the other isn’t.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Cardboard Cutout Condoleezza?
  • Options
    Jack_CobraJack_Cobra Member Posts: 246
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Please no more yt players. PLEAAAASE.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Please no more yt players. PLEAAAASE.

mods?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi whats the scouting report on lil Hatchett for the class of 2026?
    Two dads situation? Or can this kid pull like his bro?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I bet his little brother really looks up to him and wants to see him playing in Husky stadium for the Dawgs. Don't let your little brother down Geirean.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Not sure how to spin the utilizing of Condoleeza Rice in pictures plays here ...

My uneducated opinion is that it’s clear his family are “They Ferndale” (channeling Tim Hardaway “He Chicago” lingo) and that puts UW in a great spot being the local school that allows all the benefits of a major University and moving to the City while still being 2 hours away from going home and being Ferndale.

Stanford from a football perspective IMO has a pitch against UW that is running out of steam but they may still be able to get away with it in spots for another year or two and this is a position (OL) that it may work. Using Rice is trying to show the elbow rubbing elitism that Stanford offers ... which @Gladstone will happily talk about the crock of BS that is for Stanford athletes. It screams to me that Stanford knows they have to make up a lot of ground and is screaming for the fences.

The question I have is after the trip and going home are the highlights of the trip the game, environment, and talks with the coaches or the fact that they got to meet Condoleeza Rice? One set of facts is the everyday reality of going to Stanford ... the other isn’t.

Again the recruiting bored delivers with the racist crap.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

There's nothing racist about anything I said there …

Condoleeza Rice is someone whose accomplishments will impress anybody and having the opportunity to meet them in a relatively informal setting would be a highlight.

"They Ferndale" means that they are likely very comfortable wearing jeans and a t-shirt and enjoying the outdoors … which is basically everything that Stanford isn't.

If you're referencing the Tim Hardaway "He Chicago" comes from a buddy of mine and either came from an interview with Hardaway or somebody like Mark Jones saying that while calling a game.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

There's nothing racist about anything I said there …

Condoleeza Rice is someone whose accomplishments will impress anybody and having the opportunity to meet them in a relatively informal setting would be a highlight.

"They Ferndale" means that they are likely very comfortable wearing jeans and a t-shirt and enjoying the outdoors … which is basically everything that Stanford isn't.

If you're referencing the Tim Hardaway "He Chicago" comes from a buddy of mine and either came from an interview with Hardaway or somebody like Mark Jones saying that while calling a game.
    Flagged for even trying to reason with sven. Stupid task imo
  • Options

Per Roof Hatchett is coming to every UW home game this year!

Also our dude Gaard was at the ASU game

Obviously he’s a national level recruit and there’s never close to a sure thing until at minimum there’s a verbal ... but you don’t drive 4+ hours to/from games just for the hell of it ... if he goes somewhere else it’s a combo of somebody making up a ton of ground and UW fucking it up ... which I doubt we do that
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Per Roof Hatchett is coming to every UW home game this year!

Also our dude Gaard was at the ASU game

Obviously he’s a national level recruit and there’s never close to a sure thing until at minimum there’s a verbal ... but you don’t drive 4+ hours to/from games just for the hell of it ... if he goes somewhere else it’s a combo of somebody making up a ton of ground and UW fucking it up ... which I doubt we do that
    except....

things change all the time in recruiting.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Huff seems to fuck. We get him. Cook it.

Yup, little worried about his couching though. OL has not been consistent