Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Isaiah Foskey, 2019 4* TE, Concord (De La Salle), CA (OFFERED 7/14/17)

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In-state kids get reduced by half of blackness. So, if an in state kid is mixed, for our purposes he’s white. That explains our ability to get Bryant since he was white and Culp since he was mixed.

But we are never going to get Smalls. Ever.

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

In-state kids get reduced by half of blackness. So, if an in state kid is mixed, for our purposes he’s white. That explains our ability to get Bryant since he was white and Culp since he was mixed.

Mixed kids are black.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Man, I never understood the whole Rachel Dolezal thing. How did people think some green-eyed bitch with a Czech last name was black? Like how European does your name have to sound before someone questions your blackness? Is it enough to have one of those long ass Russian names that end in -kov? Do you need to put an å or a ð in there? What?
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Man, I never understood the whole Rachel Dolezal thing. How did people think some green-eyed bitch with a Czech last name was black? Like how European does your name have to sound before someone questions your blackness? Is it enough to have one of those long ass Russian names that end in -kov? Do you need to put an å or a ð in there? What?

Guessing you haven’t met many black folks if you think they all have names like Obamanu and Ngata...
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pretty easy, white mom, black absentee dad.

I know, ISAFNR
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Guessing you haven’t met many black folks if you think they all have names like Obamanu and Ngata...
    To be fair, that's kind of the case in most of Europe, but that's not really my point. It's more like, I hear the name Dolezal, and I don't immediately think black person... Like, not saying it can't happen I'd just be a little curious. It's kind of like how they often give black characters on TV the most white sounding name on the show as if to not sound racist. It just sounds odd. Not saying every black person is named Okechukwu so don't twist. Just saying Jackson is a lot more likely than Voskoboinikov. Like, "oh yeah, your names fucking Vasiliy? How the fuck did that happen?" IDK.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Clearly she was trying to pass as a light skinned mixed woman in which case she could claim her father is white with a European last name and her mother is black.
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    edited September 2018

To be fair, that's kind of the case in most of Europe, but that's not really my point. It's more like, I hear the name Dolezal, and I don't immediately think black person... Like, not saying it can't happen I'd just be a little curious. It's kind of like how they often give black characters on TV the most white sounding name on the show as if to not sound racist. It just sounds odd. Not saying every black person is named Okechukwu so don't twist. Just saying Jackson is a lot more likely than Voskoboinikov. Like, "oh yeah, your names fucking Vasiliy? How the fuck did that happen?" IDK.
    Yeah of course, and she’s definitely bat shit crazy. On the same point though “Jackson” is only a common black last name by means of slavery, kinda like how you have black people named “Pierre Garcon,” I’m sure he doesn’t have too many French ancestors, and if I had to guess has roots in someplace like Haiti.

At this point I’m just arguing semantics though because I’m bored and an asshole and wish I lived among my ancestors in Norway where people are happy and people don’t name their kids North West...
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    Founders Club

Wood... Either Rachel
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230

Mixed kids are black.
    That's true.

You don't usually get the comment/perspective "yeah, he's half

Wood... Either Rachel
    That hair would bounce nicely.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know, ISAFNR
    Just to clarify, I'm not stereotyping I'm speaking from specific personal experience how something is possible. I dated girls where this was the case growing up that have mixed features and names like Tatiana Sevastopol bc of their mother's maiden name. There's plenty of plain white girls with absentee fathers too. It's just no one wonders at their McPotato last name. Take out of it what you will.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Mixed kids are black.
    Spoken like one who lacks melanin. Mixed kids hear backlash from both sides of these arguments.

HTH
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Because Spokane
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know, ISAFNR

These are her parents
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know, ISAFNR

These are her parents
    I was responding to Norwegian's question of how anyone could believe Rachel was black. I know she's a fraud. Doesn't mean there aren't a whole lotta girls that look like her who are actually black though.