Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I know this has got nothing to do with you, but Smalls's comment is something that grinds my gears. How is it a "matchup nightmare" to be playing with another DE/OLB? They aren't going to be lining up on the same side, so Thibodeaux's play wouldn't affect Smalls at all. Is the offense thinking of pulling the guard from the opposite side to triple-team Thibodeaux, because if not it's not a matchup issue. There will still be a T-G on each side to possibly double the end.

This shit is just so stupid and everybody says it or something like it. They give credit to guys that aren't affecting the play. Oh yeah, fuck Oregon and their bullshit.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

animate said:

I don't begrudge him getting wined and dined and getting his wiener tickled.

It's recruiting after all.

but taking his family on the trip bugs me.
    Oregon's pretty close and the tax free shopping at Woodburn premium outlets!

Plus I love the Costco's in Oregon.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    TommySQC said:

animate said:

Meek said:

animate said:

I don't begrudge him getting wined and dined and getting his wiener tickled.

It's recruiting after all.

but taking his family on the trip bugs me.
    Oregon's pretty close and the tax free shopping at Woodburn premium outlets!

Plus I love the Costco's in Oregon.
    Costco's what?
    They had a better craft beer section when I was there a long time ago ... but who knows now ... and they roasted coffee right in the store.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

My read of him is that he knows where he is going and is just playing at this point, and enjoying the ride. This has been a stance on this bored for a while, but the more I see the more I think that. It's also pretty obvious where that place is.

I'm hearing Cincinnati. @bearcats6969 can confirm.
    @bearcats6969 is too busy trolling me every other day by texting me photos of Savell in Oregon gear to come on and confirm, but yea he likes the Katz in this one.
    Everyone morning he sends me this shit, fuck you @bearcats6969 you bitch!!!!!

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    edited April 2019

Take Two returns with a daily offering tackling an issue in the college football landscape. Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst Adam Gorney lays out the situation and then receives takes from Rivals.com National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell and an expert from the Rivals.com network of team sites or a regional analyst.

MORE TAKE TWO: Is Clemson's DL recruiting getting even better? | Can recruiting help Lovie Smith keep his job?

Sav’ell Smalls is wanted by every program in the country. He’s a 6-foot-5, 240-pound five-star player who is physical and tough enough to dominate at defensive end and athletic enough to play in space at linebacker. He’s special.

The Burien (Wash.) Kennedy Catholic standout might go down as the best recruit ever from the state of Washington. As far as where he plays his college ball, it remains anyone’s guess.

Smalls has been to Washington numerous times and is beloved there. He returns to Oregon this weekend and the Ducks have made him a top priority. But the five-star defensive end has also shown a tremendous amount of interest in SEC and ACC powerhouses, with Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia and others involved.

The Gators have definitely made a big-time impression, and Smalls is planning another round of visits to the Southeast before he seriously starts to work down his list. In February, Smalls released a top list of Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Clemson, Miami, Washington State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Florida State, Texas A&M, Washington and Alabama.

Can the Pac-12 schools keep him in the conference? Or is Smalls destined to play for a national powerhouse far away from home?

FIRST TAKE: COREY BENDER, GATORSTERRITORY.COM
    “Smalls' most recent trip to The Swamp roughly two weeks back marked his second UF visit overall, and neither was an official visit. Speaking with him shortly after his visit, Smalls said Florida was the only school he knew would 'definitely' receive an official visit at some point. The five-star prospect has said Dan Mullen is one of his favorite coaches, but is also very impressed by the culture change and how everyone bought in over such a short period of time.

“I think the Gators are a true player here and check off several boxes, but the next step is to hammer down an official visit date. That is key. Usually I would say the best bet for Florida is to host Smalls for an official visit during the season or sometime leading up to signing day, but everything seemed to work out just fine when Chris Steele officially visited during the first half of last year.

“There is obviously a whole lot of familiarity at Washington, which also holds all the cards in terms of proximity, but several out-of-region schools are also on his short list, with Florida near the top of that group. The Gators are arguably in the best spot they can be in without using an official visit. Welcoming Smalls to campus for an official visit and knocking it out of the park when doing so is the key factor, especially since the previous visit was somewhat limited on time.”

SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, RIVALS.COM
    “I think he goes away from home. There is going to be a lot of pressure to stay home and he’s a huge name, but I think he wants to go off to the Southeast and try to win a national championship. The way the Pac-12 has played out the last few years has affected its recruiting and it’s made it a lot tougher to keep Smalls home. I see him in either the SEC or the ACC.”

Holy shit Mike Farrell is so fucking stupid
    Mike Farrell is one of the biggest SEC homers in the recruiting game. I would take his comments with a huge grain of salt. Plus, it’s Rivals, so who gives a fuck. They suck.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    Meek said:

Take Two returns with a daily offering tackling an issue in the college football landscape. Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst Adam Gorney lays out the situation and then receives takes from Rivals.com National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell and an expert from the Rivals.com network of team sites or a regional analyst.

MORE TAKE TWO: Is Clemson's DL recruiting getting even better? | Can recruiting help Lovie Smith keep his job?

Sav’ell Smalls is wanted by every program in the country. He’s a 6-foot-5, 240-pound five-star player who is physical and tough enough to dominate at defensive end and athletic enough to play in space at linebacker. He’s special.

The Burien (Wash.) Kennedy Catholic standout might go down as the best recruit ever from the state of Washington. As far as where he plays his college ball, it remains anyone’s guess.

Smalls has been to Washington numerous times and is beloved there. He returns to Oregon this weekend and the Ducks have made him a top priority. But the five-star defensive end has also shown a tremendous amount of interest in SEC and ACC powerhouses, with Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia and others involved.

The Gators have definitely made a big-time impression, and Smalls is planning another round of visits to the Southeast before he seriously starts to work down his list. In February, Smalls released a top list of Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Clemson, Miami, Washington State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Florida State, Texas A&M, Washington and Alabama.

Can the Pac-12 schools keep him in the conference? Or is Smalls destined to play for a national powerhouse far away from home?

“Smalls' most recent trip to The Swamp roughly two weeks back marked his second UF visit overall, and neither was an official visit. Speaking with him shortly after his visit, Smalls said Florida was the only school he knew would 'definitely' receive an official visit at some point. The five-star prospect has said Dan Mullen is one of his favorite coaches, but is also very impressed by the culture change and how everyone bought in over such a short period of time.

“I think the Gators are a true player here and check off several boxes, but the next step is to hammer down an official visit date. That is key. Usually I would say the best bet for Florida is to host Smalls for an official visit during the season or sometime leading up to signing day, but everything seemed to work out just fine when Chris Steele officially visited during the first half of last year.

“There is obviously a whole lot of familiarity at Washington, which also holds all the cards in terms of proximity, but several out-of-region schools are also on his short list, with Florida near the top of that group. The Gators are arguably in the best spot they can be in without using an official visit. Welcoming Smalls to campus for an official visit and knocking it out of the park when doing so is the key factor, especially since the previous visit was somewhat limited on time.”

“I think he goes away from home. There is going to be a lot of pressure to stay home and he’s a huge name, but I think he wants to go off to the Southeast and try to win a national championship. The way the Pac-12 has played out the last few years has affected its recruiting and it’s made it a lot tougher to keep Smalls home. I see him in either the SEC or the ACC.”

Smalls has proven over and over again that he he is (literally and figuratively) savvy enough to mess around with the fans and these recruiting morons...LOL at Florida.
    The longer he flirts with those SEC schools, the more he keeps his name out there, the bigger his personal brand becomes. I don’t blame him at all for that
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    Swaye's Wigwam

RDR said:

Mike Farrell is one of the biggest SEC homers in the recruiting game. I would take his comments with a huge grain of salt. Plus, it’s Rivals, so who gives a fuck. They suck.
    It is no bowdowntowashington
    Good point, Rivals has a working website.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Wilbur?

@bearcats6969 is not Wilbur
    big if true
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    It would really help the perception of UW if Smalls waits until National Signing Day to commit to UW on national television after making it seem like all the big brand schools around the nation have a real chance at landing him. To have schools like Bama, Georgia, and Florida waiting for his decision like the rest of us only to watch him put that purple hat on would be so sweet and well worth the wait.