Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

He is going to his fourth game at Autzen this season on his own dime.

I'm sure he is leaning Doog though.

Oregon has zero chance lol. Just a kid having fun going to college games. Next week he's going to the Apple Cup. How'd Kalepo to Oregon work out for ya? Hometown Dawgs baby!
    Who is Kalepo? I seriously have no idea.
    You know exactly who he is. He's the 4-star lineman from Seattle you and your fellow quooks thought Oregon was going to steal from UW and then they didn't.
    Ok. That's why I have no idea who he is. Oregon isn't going to struggle or whiff at the O-line with Mario as the head coach.
    So no head coach will ever struggle recruiting a position that he used to play?

Yeah, right:
    No, just not this one.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Mosster47 said:

Passion said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Oregon has zero chance lol. Just a kid having fun going to college games. Next week he's going to the Apple Cup. How'd Kalepo to Oregon work out for ya? Hometown Dawgs baby!
    You know exactly who he is. He's the 4-star lineman from Seattle you and your fellow quooks thought Oregon was going to steal from UW and then they didn't.
    Ok. That's why I have no idea who he is. Oregon isn't going to struggle or whiff at the O-line with Mario as the head coach.

Yeah, right:
    No, just not this one.
    What 4-star offensive lineman is he gonna get in 2020?
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Passion said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Yeah, right:
    No, just not this one.
    We should be taking three or four in 2020. I don't know who they are getting. The kids in that class can barely drive a car.

Obviously Mario is a pretty elite recruiter. His primary position will never be an issue.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

Passion said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Yeah, right:
    Recruiting will be the least of Oregon's struggles. Their goal will be to not turn into the northern version of USC. Top ten talent, bottom 50 coaching.
    Pretty small chance of that if they are going 8-4 with a crap team and SC is going 5-7 with a stacked roster.

Doog desperation is going to be timeless starting around 2020.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

If they offered that would be (great).

Wait what did he say that he had to put (great). Do oregonlive readers not know what 'dope' means? 'chill', 'tight'?

lol
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Passion said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Yeah, right:
    No, just not this one.
    We should be taking three or four in 2020. I don't know who they are getting. The kids in that class can barely drive a car.

Obviously Mario is a pretty elite recruiter. His primary position will never be an issue.
    Lol, you have no idea who they are but Oregon "should" get three or four of them. How about actually looking at the West coast 2020 lineman rated 4-stars and name names? You can't. There aren't many and Oregon isn't an early leader for any of them. So Oregon is going to get three or four 4-star lineman from other regions around the country? Yeah sure, good luck with that.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

God bless Malloe https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2018/11/savell_smalls_nations_no_2_202.html

Early on, the Huskies, particularly Washington defensive line coach (Ikaika) Malloe, have focused that recruitment on building a close relationship.

"It's not even a coach and recruit thing," Smalls said. "He's my guy, and I could potentially end up playing for him. We're really loose, really relaxed and just keep everything 100 with each other. Coach Pete, he's a great coach, great guy and has taken the program in a good direction. I could go up there whenever. I could probably show up at midnight on a random day and they'd come down and talk some football with me. I really like Washington."

Next week, Smalls will visit the Apple Cup, where he hopes to learn a little bit more about both in-state Pac-12 Conference programs.

"I'm going obviously because of Washington," he said. "I don't even have an offer from Washington State, but I don't care about (having an) offer. If they offered that would be (great). I'm really intrigued by that storyline. It would be cool if they snuck into the college football playoff somehow. That'd be great."

Ikaika deserves a lot of credit, he pushed fucking hard to be this kids first offer when he was a freshman. Pete is notorious for not offering early
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

whuggy said:

Passion said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Yeah, right:
    Recruiting will be the least of Oregon's struggles. Their goal will be to not turn into the northern version of USC. Top ten talent, bottom 50 coaching.
    Pretty small chance of that if they are going 8-4 with a crap team and SC is going 5-7 with a stacked roster.

I don't think you realize how much veteran talent Oregon is going to lose after this season. Your only good DB gone. Your only good WR gone. You only have two good D-lineman to work with next season in Scott and Faoliu. Very thin depth there. Throckmorton might leave early. Dye might leave early. Your 2019 schedule is an absolute gauntlet starting with Auburn on the road. Also have Stanford, USC, and UW on the road. If Hebert leaves early you're fucked next season. Even with him it doesn't look good with no returning difference makers at WR for him to throw to. Herbert will for sure be gone in 2020. What doog desperation in 2020 are you talking about? UW will be a top-10 team again if not top-4 by then.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    DawgFader said:

Mario is a good recruiter and a scrub coach. Plain and simple.

But Pete lost to him
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

DawgFader said:

But Pete lost to him
    Pete Lembo or Pete Shinnick?

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

DawgFader said:

But Pete lost to him
    Pete also lost to Ty.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

whuggy said:

Passion said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Yeah, right:

John Elway would like a word.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Mario Cristobal has a small dick. I would know.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    edited November 2018
    Okay, we got Tuitele but no chance do we ever see him and Sav'ell on the same DL, so Dennis is OK.