Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Squirt said:

I just want to say to Joey Thomas to fuck off

I must say, my thirst is so quenched by the tears of my fellow poasters crying about Joey Thomas. "He has a grudge against the UW!" "He's in Willie T's pocket!" "His programs are dirty!" Fuck all that. The dude WINS. Ballard and Garfield are not exactly historical football powers, and yet he's brought both programs to the state tournament. And how can you not love stuff like this:

Like many of you, I have hoped that his probably-negative views of the UW haven't shaped Sa'Vell Smalls' opinion of the UW. Like, I have watched videos of dude's interviews for signs that he doesn't heed Joey Thomas's advice. But I have nothing against Joey Thomas. Shit, if I had been treated the way he was by Rick Neuheisel, I would hate too. If Coach Pete hadn't offered my star senior in Tre'Shaun Harrison despite my glowing personal endorsement, I would take it as a sign of disrespect too.

And here's the bottom line: good high-school programs are like fiefdoms. College coaches can't just go in and act like they own the place. It's like international relations in real life. Diplomacy and shows of respect are important. And the relationships are ongoing, not one-off things. Even if a recruit decides not to go to your college one year, there's always another in the pipeline:

(Footnote: I like seeing Damion Turpin coaching a stud prospect from Garfield.)

Fuck off. Joey doesn't give two shits about his players while he's pimping them out to pad his own resume in hopes of landing some college job somewhere.
    this
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Everytime I hear this schitck I think of Blue Chips
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Fuck off. Joey doesn't give two shits about his players while he's pimping them out to pad his own resume in hopes of landing some college job somewhere.

You should rush to tweet this inside information to Sa'Vell.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Squirt said:

With any luck Thomas will follow Ed Haskins to Wazzu, and rot there for eternity. Like the HS players he shipped back to Texas after FB season, then abandoned after using them to pad his resume, and when called out for it, played the race card. Fuck. That. Guy.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Squirt said:

With any luck Thomas will follow Ed Haskins to Wazzu, and rot there for eternity. Like the HS players he shipped back to Texas after FB season, then abandoned after using them to pad his resume, and when called out for it, played the race card. Fuck. That. Guy.
    Wait what?
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

For whatever it's worth to you, an independent investigation found that he didn't commit recruiting violations and also suggested that the student (singular, not plural) from Texas was not accurate:

The investigator found school records that dispute the student's claim he intended to return to Garfield after leaving for Thanksgiving. In an email dated December 6, 2016, a Garfield counselor alerted several staff members, including Thomas, that the counselor had received confirmation the student was back in Texas and would not be returning to Garfield.

Where's the evidence substantiating what you're saying?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Squirt said:

For whatever it's worth to you, an independent investigation found that he didn't commit recruiting violations and also suggested that the student (singular, not plural) from Texas was not accurate:

The investigator found school records that dispute the student's claim he intended to return to Garfield after leaving for Thanksgiving. In an email dated December 6, 2016, a Garfield counselor alerted several staff members, including Thomas, that the counselor had received confirmation the student was back in Texas and would not be returning to Garfield.

Where's the evidence substantiating what you're saying?
    Are you Joey Thomas? Not that it matters if the accusation happened or not but you seem oddly interested in anything about him and seem to think he is worth defending.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam