Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I'd also like to poont out that if we make the playoff there's only a 33% chance of meeting Bama in round one (actually less because Bama's not guaranteed to make it, but basically 33%). Winning the round 1 playoff game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> not making the playoffs.

Considering there's no guarantee you win the RB anyway it's a no fucking brainer you take the playoffs over the RB every fucking time. Weird shit happens. You want as many cracks at the pinata as you can get.

UW is NOT beating anybody in the Playoffs with Jake Browning. Get the fuck out of here.
    If we go wild doog we might
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The bowel selection committee won't make the same mistake of inviting a cinderella Washington team again, until they win a big game against a tough opponent. Auburn will beat UW in Atlanta, because Browning, so a Browning-Free 2019 can't come soon enough.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,104
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

I'd also like to poont out that if we make the playoff there's only a 33% chance of meeting Bama in round one (actually less because Bama's not guaranteed to make it, but basically 33%). Winning the round 1 playoff game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> not making the playoffs.

Considering there's no guarantee you win the RB anyway it's a no fucking brainer you take the playoffs over the RB every fucking time. Weird shit happens. You want as many cracks at the pinata as you can get.

UW is NOT beating anybody in the Playoffs with Jake Browning. Get the fuck out of here.
    If we go wild doog we might
    #MyBush
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Go big or go home. Simple. If we’re? Good enough to be one of the top 4-8 teams I’d rather go for it all. After 2-3 years none of the recruits will remember who the 5th or 6th best team in the nation was.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@dnc So if UW makes the Playoffs again and get stomped by Bama by 40 points in a semi-final game and USC goes to the Rose Bowl and beats Michigan or somebody with JT Daniels giving Helton two Rose Bowl victories to his name are you going to be happy? Or are you going to think maybe it would have been better for UW to go to the Rose Bowl and have a better chance at winning that game than the Playoff game. You're a fucking idiot if you say you'd still rather take the Playoff game. WE DON'T WANT BAMA YOU DUMBFUCK!

Except you keep framing it as we will win the rose bowel which is far from any guarantee. See the fiesta bowel last year.

I'd rather our team becomes a fixture in the CFP even if it's as the 4th team in.

Both are uncertain outcomes but one gives you notoriety in and of itself.

NOGAF that the 2009 ducks lost the rose bowel.
    How many fucking times do I have to say it? I'm not guaranteeing a Rose Bowl victory but arguing UW's chances of winning that game are much higher than a Playoff game. There's a huge fucking difference between Bama/Ohio State/Georgia recruiting and Penn State, Michigan, Nebraska recruiting. I would say chances of beating Bama in a playoff game are 2% right now. Chances of winning the Rose Bowl against say Michgan, 40% chance.

Getting your ass beat in the playoffs gives you notoriety alright. Notoriety means being famous or well known for a negative reason. UW would gain notoriety nationally for being a college football PRETENDER who can't compete with the big boys.

It's almost as if people forget the 2018 Huskies will be quarterbacked by the same young man who shit himself (once again) AND lost to STD U. Double-Loser-Whammy. And that's our golden goose in 2018. Shoot me.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dawgs206 said:

Go big or go home. Simple. If we’re? Good enough to be one of the top 4-8 teams I’d rather go for it all. After 2-3 years none of the recruits will remember who the 5th or 6th best team in the nation was.

No, often there's a huge gap between the top 2-3 teams in the country and everybody else. If you're ranked 4-8 at the end of the season that doesn't mean you can at all compete in the playoffs against the top 2-3 teams in the country. Recruits will definitely remember that Petersen has yet to win a big bowl game at UW because opposing coaches will remind them of that until it happens. Who cares about 2-3 years from now? I care about the 2020 class. Those kids are watching and waiting to see if UW can beat somebody with a pulse and win a fucking bowl game.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

It's almost as if people forget the 2018 Huskies will be quarterbacked by the same young man who shit himself (once again) AND lost to STD U. Double-Loser-Whammy. And that's our golden goose in 2018. Shoot me.

FUCKING EXACTLY!

JakeBrowningRunningBackwardsFor20YardLoss.gif
    dnc said:

@dnc So if UW makes the Playoffs again and get stomped by Bama by 40 points in a semi-final game and USC goes to the Rose Bowl and beats Michigan or somebody with JT Daniels giving Helton two Rose Bowl victories to his name are you going to be happy? Or are you going to think maybe it would have been better for UW to go to the Rose Bowl and have a better chance at winning that game than the Playoff game. You're a fucking idiot if you say you'd still rather take the Playoff game. WE DON'T WANT BAMA YOU DUMBFUCK!

Except you keep framing it as we will win the rose bowel which is far from any guarantee. See the fiesta bowel last year.

I'd rather our team becomes a fixture in the CFP even if it's as the 4th team in.

Both are uncertain outcomes but one gives you notoriety in and of itself.

NOGAF that the 2009 ducks lost the rose bowel.
    How many fucking times do I have to say it? I'm not guaranteeing a Rose Bowl victory but arguing UW's chances of winning that game are much higher than a Playoff game. There's a huge fucking difference between Bama/Ohio State/Georgia recruiting and Penn State, Michigan, Nebraska recruiting. I would say chances of beating Bama in a playoff game are 2% right now. Chances of winning the Rose Bowl against say Michgan, 40% chance.

Getting your ass beat in the playoffs gives you notoriety alright. Notoriety means being famous or well known for a negative reason. UW would gain notoriety nationally for being a college football PRETENDER who can't compete with the big boys.

Disagree. What's Cougworthy is expecting to win in Atlanta with Browning as starting QB. It's almost as if this thread exemplifies Luke Falk Syndrome by seeing non-existent excellence or performance from a fragile QB who is mediocre at best. In 3 years, Browning hasn't won a single game by fighting to the finish and executing in the crunch, except against the mighty powerhouse UTAH last year. BFD. We've had 3 years to witness what Browning is, and more importantly, what he ISN'T.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,104
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucking beta cuck Alabama PTSD all over this thread.

Fucking MISSISSIPPI STATE took them to the line last year.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fucking beta cuck Alabama PTSD all over this thread.

Fucking MISSISSIPPI STATE took them to the line last year.

Ya. But that was a tuff Mississippi state team.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    PM to everyone:

Do you want to prevent the rapid spread of AIDS into every thread on the TBS bored?

Then stop engaging the retard clamoring for attention and validation.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

PM to everyone:

Do you want to prevent the rapid spread of AIDS into every thread on the TBS bored?

Then stop engaging the retard clamoring for attention and validation.

Did it again. Fuck!

Wait...that's kinda what *we do here. Real football talk is ok, but antagonizing retards, under the guise of wanting them to shut up, is better.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dawgs206 said:

No, often there's a huge gap between the top 2-3 teams in the country and everybody else. If you're ranked 4-8 at the end of the season that doesn't mean you can at all compete in the playoffs against the top 2-3 teams in the country. Recruits will definitely remember that Petersen has yet to win a big bowl game at UW because opposing coaches will remind them of that until it happens. Who cares about 2-3 years from now? I care about the 2020 class. Those kids are watching and waiting to see if UW can beat somebody with a pulse and win a fucking bowl game.
    Kids DGAF about bowel games. Old people GAF about bowel games. Kids care about playoffs and natties.

hth
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dawgs206 said:

Strap it on. Line up and slug it out.

Fuck hypotheticals. The longer the explanation, the bigger the Doog.