Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joseph Ngata, 5* 2019 WR, Folsom, CA (WE FUCKED THE POOCH)

Comments

• Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BlastDoor said:

JECAR said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Roof said this re: Ngata

“Where Ngata is concerned? It’s a toss-up. If he doesn’t choose Clemson, but wants to stay out West, he might just pick USC”

Cashiers check is in the mail

Lubick's Fine lol
    So there's a problem with Lubick's recruiting because the best receiver prospect in the nation hasn't committed to UW as of early June and Roof made that speculative statement?

I don't know man. He may suck. Seems a bit reactionary over nothing to me though. The only real evidence we have to judge his recruiting at this point is the signing class from 2018. Small sample size but at least it's a sample.

I give credit to Lubick for landing Trey Lowe and possibly having a hand in Colson Yankoff. Austin Osborne and Marquis Spiker love Bush and were heavy leans to us because of the ground work he put down for those two.

This year is a completely different story, Joseph Ngata had a real early offer from us. His brother plays for us, and Brandon Kaho a childhood friend with seemingly all three brothers from Reno, NV is signed with us. But Joe Ngata seems to be looking at Clemson for whatever reason. Did I say Lubick sucked? I don't know if we can put Lubick in the FU$K category after one year where two of the three guys he got were heavy leans before he even got hired and listen to their interviews. Both Austin and Marquis LOVE Pete.

Also another reason why Im hesitant with Lubick's approach this year is the recruitment of Josh Delgado. While Im not delgado's biggest fan, Lubick needs to make a decision. Either stop slow playing him and take his commitment or be sure you have a legitimate shot with Pittman, the texas kids he's offering or get Nacua in for after his missions trip. Delgado going to oregon now which makes @Dennis_DeYoung happy!
    Sorry but this all seems dumb to me. Ngata is going through the process and enjoying it and could already be a sealed deal for UW for all we know. You're implying that his interest in last year's runner up and the 2016 champ must be a failure on Lubick's part. It's all assumption and supposition is all I'm saying.

Same goes for your statements in Delgado and the strategy in general. Nobody here knows wtf is going on or what sort of exchanges occur between coaches and recruits.
    I guess this is where we agree to disagree. Ngata, Ford, and Delgado seemed to be the primary targets for us at WR. I don't know if we're taking 2 or 3 WR's this year but those were are plan A choices starting off. Obviously no school gets 100% of their number one choices except Bama/Georgia. So I get it we didn't get our number one choices. We move on to kids in Texas (Lane, Lewis), and Utah (Nacua) who is probably a mission kid.

I just can't put him in the FU$K category like Lake. Even with built-in advantages he can't keep Ngata's attention. Ford hasn't even looked our way. Nacua is probably going to USC. If he can land Ngata I'll eat crow but looking at the way WR recruiting is going with us offering kids in TX we have little to no chance at doesn't seem like a good way to use resources but the coaches know better.

Who is trying to put him in the same category as Lake?

Strawmen are easy to topple.
    Just a question to ponder Democratic National Committee (this is what I think every time I see you poast)...

Is there a world that exists where Jimmy Lake gets fired or that we are better off without him?

Nick Saban needs a new challenge on his life and wants to be the DB coach. I would fire Lake for him, maybe?
    We? Would never let Nick Saban be our? DB coach. Doesn’t fuck enough IMO. That is, unless we go back to the world where we are better off without Jimmy Lake.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    JECAR said:

BlastDoor said:

JECAR said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Roof said this re: Ngata

“Where Ngata is concerned? It’s a toss-up. If he doesn’t choose Clemson, but wants to stay out West, he might just pick USC”

Cashiers check is in the mail

Lubick's Fine lol
    So there's a problem with Lubick's recruiting because the best receiver prospect in the nation hasn't committed to UW as of early June and Roof made that speculative statement?

I don't know man. He may suck. Seems a bit reactionary over nothing to me though. The only real evidence we have to judge his recruiting at this point is the signing class from 2018. Small sample size but at least it's a sample.

I give credit to Lubick for landing Trey Lowe and possibly having a hand in Colson Yankoff. Austin Osborne and Marquis Spiker love Bush and were heavy leans to us because of the ground work he put down for those two.

This year is a completely different story, Joseph Ngata had a real early offer from us. His brother plays for us, and Brandon Kaho a childhood friend with seemingly all three brothers from Reno, NV is signed with us. But Joe Ngata seems to be looking at Clemson for whatever reason. Did I say Lubick sucked? I don't know if we can put Lubick in the FU$K category after one year where two of the three guys he got were heavy leans before he even got hired and listen to their interviews. Both Austin and Marquis LOVE Pete.

Also another reason why Im hesitant with Lubick's approach this year is the recruitment of Josh Delgado. While Im not delgado's biggest fan, Lubick needs to make a decision. Either stop slow playing him and take his commitment or be sure you have a legitimate shot with Pittman, the texas kids he's offering or get Nacua in for after his missions trip. Delgado going to oregon now which makes @Dennis_DeYoung happy!
    Sorry but this all seems dumb to me. Ngata is going through the process and enjoying it and could already be a sealed deal for UW for all we know. You're implying that his interest in last year's runner up and the 2016 champ must be a failure on Lubick's part. It's all assumption and supposition is all I'm saying.

Same goes for your statements in Delgado and the strategy in general. Nobody here knows wtf is going on or what sort of exchanges occur between coaches and recruits.
    I guess this is where we agree to disagree. Ngata, Ford, and Delgado seemed to be the primary targets for us at WR. I don't know if we're taking 2 or 3 WR's this year but those were are plan A choices starting off. Obviously no school gets 100% of their number one choices except Bama/Georgia. So I get it we didn't get our number one choices. We move on to kids in Texas (Lane, Lewis), and Utah (Nacua) who is probably a mission kid.

I just can't put him in the FU$K category like Lake. Even with built-in advantages he can't keep Ngata's attention. Ford hasn't even looked our way. Nacua is probably going to USC. If he can land Ngata I'll eat crow but looking at the way WR recruiting is going with us offering kids in TX we have little to no chance at doesn't seem like a good way to use resources but the coaches know better.

Who is trying to put him in the same category as Lake?

Strawmen are easy to topple.
    Just a question to ponder Democratic National Committee (this is what I think every time I see you poast)...

Is there a world that exists where Jimmy Lake gets fired or that we are better off without him?

Nick Saban needs a new challenge on his life and wants to be the DB coach. I would fire Lake for him, maybe?
    We? Would never let Nick Saban be our? DB coach. Doesn’t fuck enough IMO. That is, unless we go back to the world where we are better off without Jimmy Lake.
    dude Nick Saban fucks fast and hard and slow. did u see the recruiting videos. He has no problem dancing and shiet
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ups and downs man

#ThingsICantHandle
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:
    dnc said:

Ups and downs man

#ThingsICantHandle

¿Da fuq? that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:
    dnc said:

Ups and downs man

#ThingsICantHandle

Exactly
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:
    dnc said:

Ups and downs man

#ThingsICantHandle

it means Clemson fucks and he's DTF.
  • Options
    DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2018
    Meek said:

dnc said:
    dnc said:

Ups and downs man

#ThingsICantHandle

it means Clemson fucks and he's DTF.
    Lol
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    He must buy into the #EverythingMatters philosophy.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Picture w/ him and his brother at USC and at UW....no Clemson (even though I doubt Daniyel went w/ him on his trip) but I’ll take the small victories where I can...

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It kind of sucks that Ariel hasn't played at all since he's been here, but he just wasn't physically ready to be an Edge player. Joe is already bigger than Ariel was when he got to UW. Kind of says something about how small Ariel was, but also what a freak Joe is.

But yeah I'm really worried about Lubicks recruiting chops. If he doesn't get Ngata I'm gonna be his biggest critic. I haven't been TBSing for long but he's the most exciting high school player I've watched.