Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NIRVANA has NO business in R&R hall-of-fame

I'd like to hear reasons why they should. Alice in Chains for sure, Soundgarden yes, Pearl Jam? Sure, I kinda guess they deserve it, but not compared to aforementioned.! Nirvana is clearly the worst of the big 4. I just don't see it.

Now compared to Madonna, Micheal Jacksson , Run DMC and other non R&R bands, Nirvana is a shoe-in. But by MY criteria? No fucking way (and I watched all these guys live and young.) I followed them from the start, unlike most clamdips who cast votes, and you nerdy bastards who were listening to 93.3 and 101.5 while playing battleship.

You goofy fuckers prolly had to wait until you were 18 to listen to that devil called rock and roll by your parents.

Comments

• I saw your title and I was ready to blast you but when you brought up Alice in Chains and Soundgarden being better I will soften up.

However, Nirvana was huge and Cobain did die young which means you will always be more famous than reality.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,355 Founders Club
  • I'd like to hear reasons why they should. Alice in Chains for sure, Soundgarden yes, Pearl Jam? Sure, I kinda guess they deserve it, but not compared to aforementioned.! Nirvana is clearly the worst of the big 4. I just don't see it.

Now compared to Madonna, Micheal Jacksson , Run DMC and other non R&R bands, Nirvana is a shoe-in. But by MY criteria? No fucking way (and I watched all these guys live and young.) I followed them from the start, unlike most clamdips who cast votes, and you nerdy bastards who were listening to 93.3 and 101.5 while playing battleship.

You goofy fuckers prolly had to wait until you were 18 to listen to that devil called rock and roll by your parents.

What was the handicapped seating like back then?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Did you only break your neck or did you suffer a brain injury as well?
    By they way, crip, I was at the 1991 nirvana show at the paramount. 10/31/1991. Suck a dick.
  • By they way, crip, I was at the 1991 nirvana show at the paramount. 10/31/1991. Suck a dick.

The over the top posts this week on here and the ASU board have been great!
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    you nerdy bastards who were listening to 93.3 and 101.5 while playing battleship

LOL - Puppy has a point

Catch any of the 4 mentioned bands @ Rockcandy or Off-ramp and then pop off.

1991 was the perfect year - Dawgs 12-0, Nirvana hitting the mainstream, pre-NAFTA w/ the US still in decent shape. Wouldn't trade it for anything
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    I saw Led Zeppelin for 15 bucks and SRV for 25. I saw BB King, Albert king, and Lydia Pense (and Cold Blood) in a park in Memphis for 6 bucks.

I was rockin before most of you were licking shit out of the crib.

Fuck off, and get off my lawn.
    edited October 2013
    Dick_B said:

I saw Led Zeppelin for 15 bucks and SRV for 25. I saw BB King, Albert king, and Lydia Pense (and Cold Blood) in a park in Memphis for 6 bucks.

I was rockin before most of you were licking shit out of the crib.

Fuck off, and get off my lawn.

BB king and the other people mention suck cock. HTH

I remember when I could get a bottle of pop for 20 cents.

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Just when I thought Music Superiority Guy threads were done.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,355 Founders Club
    I saw Zeppelin for 6 bucks
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    It's awfully early in the week for #OldManMusicFriday
    I bought a led zeppelin album for 1 cent through Columbia house.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club
    Agreed Puppy Splenda Steel.

Nirvana has how many albums? Two? Maybe they have a third one that's really s***** and poorly produced that 40 year old hipster fags think is awesome. They're a pretty good band that got cut short. There's no way they deserve to be in the HOF.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I actually agree with PLSS that music wise, Nirvana might be the worst of the four. Alice in Chains and Soundgarden are easily better IMO, and it's a close call with Pearl Jam. That said, the impact Kurt Cobain and Nirvana had on pop culture is too big for something like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to ignore, so that is why they get in.

Plus when you are good and die young, you get immortalized as some kind of genius. The same thing is true in rap. Biggie is considered by some to be the greatest rapper of all time, even though he only put out two albums while alive. We have no clue how the rest of his career would go. If Nas died after his first album, would he be considered the greatest? Point is, we don't know how good Nirvana or B.I.G. would have been.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    besides, if Fucking ABBA is in the hall, how can you begrudge Nirvana?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2013
    Personally I'd rather listen to Alice in Chains than any of them, but some of you are way overthinking this. It's not the Hall Of Most Talented Musicians, it's the Hall of Fame.

Nirvana may not have had the talent that some other bands do, but they changed the music scene on an international level. No single band had as large of an overnight impact on the music world since the Beatles visited Ed Sullivan.

And yes, Cobain's suicide ensured that they never put out a run of mediocre albums that dimmed their star, ala Pearl Jam (who is probably Hall worthy themselves).

Whether you like them as much as the other grunge bands or not is irrelevant. Nirvana is legendary. They are the very definition of rock and roll Hall of Fame.

Absolute no brainer.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Fuck Cobain. It's not like he died in a tragic accident. A self inflicted shotgun blast to the face doesn't make him better than his music really was. Nevermind was good but I didn't like anything after that. On the plus side, Grohl moved on to create Foo Fighters. IMO, a much better band.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    DeepSeaZ said:

Fuck Cobain. It's not like he died in a tragic accident. A wife inflicted shotgun blast to the face doesn't make him better than his music really was. Nevermind was good but I didn't like anything after that. On the plus side, Grohl moved on to create Foo Fighters. IMO, a much better band.