Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Here's what I think I think

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
The day after...and if you don't agree with me fuck off you are wrong.

Smiff: What else is there to say? He's an idiot. I hope he catches on fire soon. Way to abandon the run again, as soon as we were behind by 3. You fucking asshole.

Brownsocks: I respect the hell out of his work ethic, and he seems to have a great mind for the game. That said, he has physical limitations that are tough to overcome, and a real tendency to wilt under pressure. Not ever going to be a Tui type who puts the team on his back and wills it to victory. That doesn't mean he can't be a great game manager type QB though....the issue is he needs two thing to happen to allow that...one is a non retard OC, and the other is...

Offensive Line: Strausser has really gotten a lot out of what he has to work with. The issue is he doesn't have enough to work with. He has turned two 4 stars, two 3 stars and a diamond in the rough into a really decent/serviceable line. I applaud him for that. Adams and McGary are great, as is Eldrenkamp, but beyond that is gets pretty patchwork. Nick Harris played his ass off last night but got abused. I love that kids sand, but no way in hell should a 260 pound true freshman be in that position if we were recruiting correctly. Where the fuck is highly recruited Henry Roberts? FTG. Loser. In my opinion, and this is as a non-TBS'er, we have got to get better Jimmies and Joe's. USC and Bama both exposed us badly. Instead of our typical one 4 star, two 3 stars, and a 2 star type classes, we need three 4 and 5 stars and one 2 or 3 star flyer type classes. That way you can absorb it easily when one of the 4 stars (looking at your Roberts) doesn't pan out. Just to be clear, our OL is for the most part good enough to compete for the PAC12, but it is not ready for prime time Elite teams. And it won't be for quite some time. We need two recruiting cycles of lots of 4 star bodies and some time for them to develop. So it will likely be more of the same "good not great" for the next couple of years. Maybe Sirmon will have a great line in front of him? Who the fuck knows.

WR/TE: They are fine. Losing Ross and to a lesser extent Daniels will hurt, but Pettis, Sample and Chico are great. The incoming class looks fantastic (trusting TSIO crew on that), and fuck man, Bama is Bama. That entire secondary is NFL bound. Our WRs did get enough separation that a cannon armed QB could have threaded them in. We don't have a cannon armed QB though. More of a wet noodle.

RB's: Mixed bag. #MyGaskin and Coleman are nails against any defense not named Bama, and I even think we could have done some damage with a 2 yards and a cloud of dust approach against them - see above for our retard monkey coordinator. But fuck, the dropoff after those two is immense. I hope McGrew is as advertised and Ahmed gets here quick.

DL: I'll keep this short...they will kill you. Even Jaylen looked pretty good. Po'tea'oeoao'eoao'eeeoa is flashing and I have no doubt he will get coached up and be fine. Gaines is a goddamn animal. And we are bringing in the top DT on the West Coast next year. We are fucking set.

DB's: Lake is the magic man and even though we are losing two or three to the league, I have no doubt we will reload with his recruiting and development - I mean we have like 5 more 4 stars in the two deeps. Fucking insane. There will be a small drop off, because Jones and Buddah are seriously two of our best ever, but I don't think it will be a huge dropoff with Rapp and JoJo still patrolling and some of the highly recruited kids waiting in the wings. All set for the long term.

LB: To my very untrained and usually drunk eye this is the worst group on the D and it isn't close. We basically have Bierria and Victor and then, um, well, some decent white guys? I know we have gotten a highly recruited kid or two being redshirted, but the drop off after our top two seems big. BBK flashed some stuff, but look at him vs that big Bama runner. He looks 30 pounds smaller. I put a lot of our LB's in the Brownsocks camp of game competitors but physically limited. Our entire D passes the eye test except the LBers (with Victor out). Did you see Rueben Foster? Christ that's what a LBer should look like. Not some 215 pound flowing blonde locks queer. I am sure we will be fine with some of the younger guys coming up, and Gregory can develop some shit, but this is our weak spot.

P/K: Who gives a fuck. They mostly suck I guess. I remember being pissed at them a lot this year. Whatever.

This was a great season by any measure. 12-2. PAC12 Champions - I honestly never thought I would see that again in my life. Encouraging signs like scheduling Auburn. Making the CFP in Petermans third year. This team should compete for PAC12 titles every year. I fully expect us to play USC for the title next year. Great year and I am pumped for the future for the first time in over a decade. We need to shitcan Babushka, and really start recruiting some OL and LBers and we can own this conference for years.

Lastly, support this site you fucking assholes. Where else are we all gonna go if this shit hole goes bankrupt? Just fucking do it. I am poor as fuck and I still pony up. Stop being cheap losers.

Oh, one more thing...since you read this far here's what I did after the game last night. Viva Las Vegas!

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Smiff: What else is there to say? He's an idiot. I hope he catches on fire soon. Way to abandon the run again, as soon as we were behind by 3. You fucking asshole.

Brownsocks: I respect the hell out of his work ethic, and he seems to have a great mind for the game. That said, he has physical limitations that are tough to overcome, and a real tendency to wilt under pressure. Not ever going to be a Tui type who puts the team on his back and wills it to victory. That doesn't mean he can't be a great game manager type QB though....the issue is he needs two thing to happen to allow that...one is a non retard OC, and the other is...

Offensive Line: Strausser has really gotten a lot out of what he has to work with. The issue is he doesn't have enough to work with. He has turned two 4 stars, two 3 stars and a diamond in the rough into a really decent/serviceable line. I applaud him for that. Adams and McGary are great, as is Eldrenkamp, but beyond that is gets pretty patchwork. Nick Harris played his ass off last night but got abused. I love that kids sand, but no way in hell should a 260 pound true freshman be in that position if we were recruiting correctly. Where the fuck is highly recruited Henry Roberts? FTG. Loser. In my opinion, and this is as a non-TBS'er, we have got to get better Jimmies and Joe's. USC and Bama both exposed us badly. Instead of our typical one 4 star, two 3 stars, and a 2 star type classes, we need three 4 and 5 stars and one 2 or 3 star flyer type classes. That way you can absorb it easily when one of the 4 stars (looking at your Roberts) doesn't pan out. Just to be clear, our OL is for the most part good enough to compete for the PAC12, but it is not ready for prime time Elite teams. And it won't be for quite some time. We need two recruiting cycles of lots of 4 star bodies and some time for them to develop. So it will likely be more of the same "good not great" for the next couple of years. Maybe Sirmon will have a great line in front of him? Who the fuck knows.

WR/TE: They are fine. Losing Ross and to a lesser extent Daniels will hurt, but Pettis, Sample and Chico are great. The incoming class looks fantastic (trusting TSIO crew on that), and fuck man, Bama is Bama. That entire secondary is NFL bound. Our WRs did get enough separation that a cannon armed QB could have threaded them in. We don't have a cannon armed QB though. More of a wet noodle.

RB's: Mixed bag. #MyGaskin and Coleman are nails against any defense not named Bama, and I even think we could have done some damage with a 2 yards and a cloud of dust approach against them - see above for our retard monkey coordinator. But fuck, the dropoff after those two is immense. I hope McGrew is as advertised and Ahmed gets here quick.

DL: I'll keep this short...they will kill you. Even Jaylen looked pretty good. Po'tea'oeoao'eoao'eeeoa is flashing and I have no doubt he will get coached up and be fine. Gaines is a goddamn animal. And we are bringing in the top DT on the West Coast next year. We are fucking set.

DB's: Lake is the magic man and even though we are losing two or three to the league, I have no doubt we will reload with his recruiting and development - I mean we have like 5 more 4 stars in the two deeps. Fucking insane. There will be a small drop off, because Jones and Buddah are seriously two of our best ever, but I don't think it will be a huge dropoff with Rapp and JoJo still patrolling and some of the highly recruited kids waiting in the wings. All set for the long term.

LB: To my very untrained and usually drunk eye this is the worst group on the D and it isn't close. We basically have Bierria and Victor and then, um, well, some decent white guys? I know we have gotten a highly recruited kid or two being redshirted, but the drop off after our top two seems big. BBK flashed some stuff, but look at him vs that big Bama runner. He looks 30 pounds smaller. I put a lot of our LB's in the Brownsocks camp of game competitors but physically limited. Our entire D passes the eye test except the LBers (with Victor out). Did you see Rueben Foster? Christ that's what a LBer should look like. Not some 215 pound flowing blonde locks queer. I am sure we will be fine with some of the younger guys coming up, and Gregory can develop some shit, but this is our weak spot.

P/K: Who gives a fuck. They mostly suck I guess. I remember being pissed at them a lot this year. Whatever.

This was a great season by any measure. 12-2. PAC12 Champions - I honestly never thought I would see that again in my life. Encouraging signs like scheduling Auburn. Making the CFP in Petermans third year. This team should compete for PAC12 titles every year. I fully expect us to play USC for the title next year. Great year and I am pumped for the future for the first time in over a decade. We need to shitcan Babushka, and really start recruiting some OL and LBers and we can own this conference for years.

Lastly, support this site you fucking assholes. Where else are we all gonna go if this shit hole goes bankrupt? Just fucking do it. I am poor as fuck and I still pony up. Stop being cheap losers.

Oh, one more thing...since you read this far here's what I did after the game last night. Viva Las Vegas!

Upvoted for "flowing blond locks queer".
  • Options
    Founders Club

Great poast swaye.

If we just keep doing what we are doing in evaluation, recruiting, coaching, and all that shit we are in the "conference opponents are generally fucked" territory.

However, if we maintain our evaluation skill, step up recruiting just a tick (especially at OL) and make some sort of commitment to running and understanding that Jake against shit pac12 teams and non conf opponents is different than Jake against good defenses we are then in the "conference is completely fucked" territory.

Our huge advantage over our conference foes is how Pete builds his program and the program culture and philosophy. If we just make small adjustments and shit we can get to the level we need to to be truly elite. Obviously Bama is a different monster, but he we just need to get to that level behind those teams and get even with the likes of clemson and Oklahoma and teams like that.

We got to the playoff in year 3 and the crazy thing is I just feel we are starting.

Thought on LB'ers? Was it my drunk eyes or did we look physically unimpressive against elite competition? Seems to me to be our weakest position group by a mile on the D. Who do we have coming up that might be nails?
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Great poast swaye.

If we just keep doing what we are doing in evaluation, recruiting, coaching, and all that shit we are in the "conference opponents are generally fucked" territory.

However, if we maintain our evaluation skill, step up recruiting just a tick (especially at OL) and make some sort of commitment to running and understanding that Jake against shit pac12 teams and non conf opponents is different than Jake against good defenses we are then in the "conference is completely fucked" territory.

Our huge advantage over our conference foes is how Pete builds his program and the program culture and philosophy. If we just make small adjustments and shit we can get to the level we need to to be truly elite. Obviously Bama is a different monster, but he we just need to get to that level behind those teams and get even with the likes of clemson and Oklahoma and teams like that.

We got to the playoff in year 3 and the crazy thing is I just feel we are starting.

Thought on LB'ers? Was it my drunk eyes or did we look physically unimpressive against elite competition? Seems to me to be our weakest position group by a mile on the D. Who do we have coming up that might be nails?
    Should be good with Azeem and Bierria both back next
    year. Wellington and Eifler are your two most talented
    up and comers but they need seasoning.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

Swaye said:

Great poast swaye.

That's the two names that were escaping me. Weren;t both of them pretty highly regarded guys with great offer sheets? Surely one or both of them will develop into great LB'ers. Seems real thin to me after you get past Victor and Bierria, but with Victor coming back that gives us another year to bring the highly thought of young guys along. Have we recruited any standout LB'ers this year so far? I refuse to go to Dawgman to look, because fuck them.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Our MLBs are definitely just a little too light and just a little too slow at the national level ...

That being said, it's hard to be anything too critical about any group on defense because they played well enough yesterday to win

Yeah, I tend to agree. Just critically evaluating things after the season. Look this is the second best D I have seen since I have strong memories (1984). But when I look at our D the one place I can easily see room for improvement is LB. The DL and back end are fucking stacked. Well, we actually could really use a good DE as well the more I think about it. How could I overlook fire faggot? Damn I'm dumb.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The OLB/DE was glaring at times as well ...

The lesson is that you can be national above average at positional groups IF you surround that with national elite
  • Options
    Swaye said:

whuggy said:

Swaye said:

Great poast swaye.

That's the two names that were escaping me. Weren;t both of them pretty highly regarded guys with great offer sheets? Surely one or both of them will develop into great LB'ers. Seems real thin to me after you get past Victor and Bierria, but with Victor coming back that gives us another year to bring the highly thought of young guys along. Have we recruited any standout LB'ers this year so far? I refuse to go to Dawgman to look, because fuck them.
    Wellington saw the field this year and would
    probably project as a Bierria guy. Eifler a physical
    freak who would likely be more like an Azeem.
    Both high offer sheet kids along with Levi O.
    who would be more of a DE type. Don't really have
    anyone like him at the moment. Absolutely tons
    of young talent on the defensive side of the ball.
    Who knows how that comes out during game time
    though. With this staff it will probably show very well.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I went and read our recruiting board and it appears we did recruit a stud this year in Ngata. Army AA type kid. So there's one to bring along in the future, to go with Eifler, Wellington and Levi (who I had forgotten about completely).
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    There are some redshirt studs, like pointed out and Ngata. Plus I see the opportunity for a second appearance and shot at Bama too good for Quals to pass up. Especially if Quals is being moved to buck, sans passing downs, where Eifler and Levi O take over
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,923
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

I went and read our recruiting board and it appears we did recruit a stud this year in Ngata. Army AA type kid. So there's one to bring along in the future, to go with Eifler, Wellington and Levi (who I had forgotten about completely).

Obviously none of us have seen him play college ball yet, but Levi O. looks the part of an SEC lineman. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get major playing time next year.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Very much looking forward to seeing what this RS class can do, Levi and Eifler probably could have contributed, but happy they were saved.
  • Options
    I'd bet they are just fine, perfect examples of Pete's recruiting and player development. Both will be all conference as seniors
  • Options
    Swaye said:

This thread is now about lighting Smiff on fire. By the way, you ever seen tits on fire? I have.

The internet is a strange and wonderful thing.

Swaye said:

This thread is now about lighting Smiff on fire. By the way, you ever seen tits on fire? I have.

The internet is a strange and wonderful thing.

Fucking ISIS
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Swaye said:

disagree