Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Career Game for IT

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
44 points on only 16 shots. 7-10 from 3. Legitimate All Star. Peak B Roy was the best UW NBA player. Isaiah will have the best career. Fultz could smash that, but wgaf considering Fultz team sucks.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

44 points on only 16 shots. 7-10 from 3. Legitimate All Star. Peak B Roy was the best UW NBA player. Isaiah will have the best career. Fultz could smash that, but wgaf considering Fultz team sucks.

I remember the days when doogs said IT should stay in college one more year. Logical people said he has nothing to prove and his next move is to make his mark in the nba or move onto another career. IT has proved to be a great player and even harder worker. I miss his guts and determination on the floor. Something we haven't seen since he left.
    Isaiah Thomas and Pondexter are almost marks against Romar to me.

Isaiah had a great career at UW, but after watching him growing up, I always felt he was somewhat stifled at UW. He was always the best from the 05-07 era of Tacoma/Seattle (which was truly loaded, Hawes, Brockman, Terrence Williams, Marcus Williams, Mitch Johnson, Overton) basketball besides Martell Webster. Rodney Stuckey was 04.

I saw Pondexter score 25 in one half against Arizona as a freshman. Then he went into a two year slump. Something wasn't right.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

You lost me at legit All Star. Good player but not an All Star.

Fucking Doog.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Only reason I wasn't crazy about IT leaving early was because he had no guarantees of getting drafted ... other than that going pro was a very reasonable decision
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Doogles said:

salemcoog said:

You lost me at legit All Star. Good player but not an All Star.

Fucking Doog.
    Except he was and will be again. Legit.
    When other guys either don't want to go or are banged up a little... Sure!!!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Tequilla said:

Only reason I wasn't crazy about IT leaving early was because he had no guarantees of getting drafted ... other than that going pro was a very reasonable decision

That was also the greatest point of leaving. He wasn't growing his senior year so his stock was never going to change from midget point guard. He either goes to Nbdl or gets drafted and tries the summer league world. That was the entire point.

There was no logical argument that he could improve his stock by coming back. He was still 5'7" at years end
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    In hindsight he made the right choice from what would've been a tough decision from my POV ... you always want to have the strength/leverage in that kind of situation ... he would have never been in that place coming out of UW
    Tequilla said:

In hindsight he made the right choice from what would've been a tough decision from my POV ... you always want to have the strength/leverage in that kind of situation ... he would have never been in that place coming out of UW

The team would have been awfully good the next year if he had stayed. Romar would have had the luxury of not letting Wroten run wild.

Isaiah didn't come to UW to play school though. As soon as there was a chance of him being drafted he was going to bolt.

Tequilla said:

The team would have been awfully good the next year if he had stayed. Romar would have had the luxury of not letting Wroten run wild.

Isaiah didn't come to UW to play school though. As soon as there was a chance of him being drafted he was going to bolt.
    To be fair, there was an equitable chance romar let tw play over IT since he had zero balls in recruiting and or teaching wroten a damn thing. Tw dominated the conversation from middle of his junior year.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Why has the coog had such a sandy vaj recently?

recently?

Tequilla said:

To be fair, there was an equitable chance romar let tw play over IT since he had zero balls in recruiting and or teaching wroten a damn thing. Tw dominated the conversation from middle of his junior year.
    That's going a little far with the Romar hate. Lol that he's going to play someone over IT. IT was the 2nd best player in the PAC 12 his junior year.

Tequilla said:

That's going a little far with the Romar hate. Lol that he's going to play someone over IT. IT was the 2nd best player in the PAC 12 his junior year.
    That's true. After six years the hyperbole is in full force!

@salemcoog provided an all time Coogasm here. 29 points per game. Best player on a 3 seed. Still not an All Star?