Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Woodward really wasn't that bad of an AD

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,785
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Pros:

Sark hire wasn't terrible. Got us to mediocrity and left a decent foundation for a real coach to build off of.

Stadium remodel was excellent.

No matter how much credit we gave Haden, or how much we say Pete hired himself, the bottom line is Woodward got the deal done. That deserves credit.

Cons:

Didn't fire Romar.

Didn't fire Sark after the 2012 LSU game. But this lead to us getting Pete anyways so whatever.

Overall grade: B

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,361
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    As with most things it's better to be lucky than good. Woodward wasn't good but he was lucky in the end.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2016

He does get credit for getting Petersen. He didn't screw it up at least. It was the obvious hire and he didn't try to do anything cute, he just got the job done.

Still, he would not have fired Sark after year 5 and Romar is still the basketball coach.

In an alternate reality it would be interesting to see what Sark would have done in 2014 and 2015 had he not been hired away by USC.

2013 didn't completely suck. The team was mentally weak but came close to knocking off an actually good Stanford team on the road. 9-4 is respectable, and I wouldn't have fired him if I was the AD.

2014 would have been pivotal for Sark though. He needed to beat Oregon or Stanford, and idk if he would have done it starting a new QB.

I do think we would have been better in 2014 and 2015 with Sark instead of Pete. Probably 9-4 both years or so.

But there is no fucking way we would be undefeated and #5 in the country this year with Sark
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He does get credit for getting Petersen. He didn't screw it up at least. It was the obvious hire and he didn't try to do anything cute, he just got the job done.

Still, he would not have fired Sark after year 5 and Romar is still the basketball coach.

Cohen gets way more credit for getting petersen than Woodward should, from everything I have heard since he was hired.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Cohen gets way more credit for getting petersen than Woodward should, from everything I have heard since he was hired.
    She showed him her tits?
  • Options
    Founders Club

In an alternate reality it would be interesting to see what Sark would have done in 2014 and 2015 had he not been hired away by USC.

2013 didn't completely suck. The team was mentally weak but came close to knocking off an actually good Stanford team on the road. 9-4 is respectable, and I wouldn't have fired him if I was the AD.

2014 would have been pivotal for Sark though. He needed to beat Oregon or Stanford, and idk if he would have done it starting a new QB.

I do think we would have been better in 2014 and 2015 with Sark instead of Pete. Probably 9-4 both years or so.

But there is no fucking way we would be undefeated and #5 in the country this year with Sark
    Sark would have sucked dick in 2014 with Cyler as his QB.
    I actually don't think so. You're forgetting how terrible and disjointed our playcalling was with Smith the first two years. Sark and his bubble screen were actually a lot better than Smith's bullshit.

I still don't know if Smith got better calling plays, or we are just so much better than everyone talent wise it doesn't matter. We do seem to have more run plays called and aren't always in 2nd and 10.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I actually don't think so. You're forgetting how terrible and disjointed our playcalling was with Smith the first two years. Sark and his bubble screen were actually a lot better than Smith's bullshit.

I still don't know if Smith got better calling plays, or we are just so much better than everyone talent wise it doesn't matter. We do seem to have more run plays called and aren't always in 2nd and 10.
    No more wild swede. Fewer wildcat calls. Fewer true fly sweeps. Less obvious playcalling. Maybe Tedford knocked some sense into Smith.

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Sark's Bubble Screens > Smith's Bubble Screens
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

He immediately flew to Boise in a jet full of cash, liquor, and sloppy tits.

Case.fucking.closed
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,648
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2016
    It has been confirmed that Pete's lawyer reached out UW when Sark left.

Cohen sucks. Had nothing to do with the hire. She was in charge of handing out the cigars after contracts were signed.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doog thread, Doog poster.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Doog thread, Doog poster.

Great contribution as always
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Would you really have given Sark another year?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Woodward is a faggot. He does get credit for the stadium. If Pete, whom he fell into, continues winning, we might not even default on it.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pros:

Sark hire wasn't terrible. Got us to mediocrity and left a decent foundation for a real coach to build off of.

Stadium remodel was excellent.

No matter how much credit we gave Haden, or how much we say Pete hired himself, the bottom line is Woodward got the deal done. That deserves credit.

Cons:

Didn't fire Romar.

Didn't fire Sark after the 2012 LSU game. But this lead to us getting Pete anyways so whatever.

Overall grade: B

I can't tell if this is serious. Woodward was an unmitigated disaster. The couple good things that happened during his tenure were in spite of him, not because of him.